TTA Refurb

Jasonflz

Thanks. I'll have to read later, but it would be nice if Sci Fi City concept was used and it tookover the speedway area and possibly toontown. Possibilities are endless!

:lol: That's true. The speedway should go.
I have noticed the mountain in the Sci-Fi city concept looked oddly similar to Discovery Mountain.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Tid bit; the DLP building as built did actually have the DM sign above the entrance for a few weeks in the final stages of construction.

EPCOT Explorer

More exactly, what the concept was before it became the SM they have now.
The true Discovery Mountain was about 4 or 5 times the size, and contained multiple attractions, restaurants, walkthroughs...etc.
Right...What I mean.:hammer: It was changed last second though, right? EDIT...Martin posted first!:lol:
Including a version of Horizons!

I learned something new today...:lol:

jeopardyfish

dscf0119b.jpg

Haha let the fruitless speculation begin! The lights have clearly been pulled out, but the speakers appear to be intact. The cars have also presumably been parked like this since the start of the refurb; if we see them move backstage, I guess that's a sign they're doing some work on them. This is the only one of the ones I've taken I can find; I took it on June 9 so things may have changed since then.

Jasonflz

dscf0119b.jpg

Haha let the fruitless speculation begin! The lights have clearly been pulled out, but the speakers appear to be intact. The cars have also presumably been parked like this since the start of the refurb; if we see them move backstage, I guess that's a sign they're doing some work on them. This is the only one of the ones I've taken I can find; I took it on June 9 so things may have changed since then.

:shrug: Maybe they are doing a new narration.

Lee

Adventurer
Doubt it. They will probably use the small budget like Hong Kong and come out with a cheap Tomorrowland. Their SM has no real queue.

Queue shmoo....:rolleyes:
The ride is still better than MK's. That's all that really matters. I'll settle for a queue made of 2x4s and plastic tarp if it means a great ride at the end.

TalkingHead

The ride is still better than MK's. That's all that really matters. I'll settle for a queue made of 2x4s and plastic tarp if it means a great ride at the end.

The apologists around here will take this statement and claim that WDW guests don't notice the queues, they just want a good ride.

Jasonflz

:hammer: I would still take our ride over their's any day if it meant keeping our queue. Plus, I really don't see the greatness in their ride but maybe that's just because I don't like the fact that any Space Mountain has music on it.:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
maybe that's just because I don't like the fact that any Space Mountain has music on it.:shrug:
I can't comprehend that way of thinking.:shrug:
I think no SM should be without music. Ever.

TalkingHead said:
The apologists around here will take this statement and claim that WDW guests don't notice the queues, they just want a good ride.
Oh, I notice queues, no doubt about it.
But to me, a great queue with a mediocre ride....not good.
However it goes both ways.
(For example:
Kali Rapids - Great queue, but a not so great rapids ride.
Soarin - Boring queue, great ride.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Great from entrance sign to the exit water fountains.)

miles1

(whispers)

Wedway

(runs)

Why whisper? Those of us that are old enough for hearing aids still refer to it that way. Why not leave the tribute to Walt's visions of the future in tact by bringing the name back?

When you think about it, its amazing how this ride has retained its appeal all these years despite its simplicity of execution and theme. All that's needed for a refurb/retheme is a cleaning, name change, and spiel change. A real tribute to those that came up with the idea.

TalkingHead

Oh, I notice queues, no doubt about it.
But to me, a great queue with a mediocre ride....not good.
However it goes both ways.
(For example:
Kali Rapids - Great queue, but a not so great rapids ride.
Soarin - Boring queue, great ride.
Indiana Jones Adventure - Great from entrance sign to the exit water fountains.)

I agree with your point; I would also take a memorable ride over a memorable queue. Kali and Soarin are good examples of that. I've ridden Kali a couple of times in ten years, with many more times on Soarin in the past few years. Even still, the Soarin queue is plainly half-azzed.

Rob562

When I was in the MK the week of June 4-11, I seem to recall noticing that the cars had been moved around the track between visits to the MK. Didn't take any photos to document them, but I know that on our first day on Saturday there were a few trains visible on either side of the Avenue of the Planets walkway, above the Buzz outdoor queue and I think in the station, but then by Wednesday they were gone, and I noticed a few trains really bunched up close together on the track between Star Traders and the Raceway that I didn't recall seeing there before.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom