TTA Refurb

Monorail_Orange

Think, too, what is there to see back there?

World Drive and the monorail shop beam - big whoop. Half of the point of going on the Peoplemover is going inside SM. The next quarter is the EPCOT model and the remaining quarter is that it's a nice place to sit and relax on the Super Skyway =).

palmickey420

Sounds great! But how will they run while the Space Mountain refurb continues on?

Themed walls around the SM corridor????? :shrug:

there was one time i went on TTA while SM was being worked on and there were no walls or curtains. the lights were on and you could see the entire track

Chape19714

It would be cool if Disney could've built extra track around Space Mountain for the TTA to transfer over to when this kinda stuff is going on...that way they don't have to close another attraction that probably isn't getting anything done.
There is one, but It's technically the maint. bay....lol.

DisneyDellsDude

I'm actually much more interested in knowing if there's any word on the changes being made to TTA, if any. All I know is that the lights on the track and speakers were removed, most likely for a new paint job. Hopefully it receives move upgrades than that... :brick:
Does anyone know anything else?

worldfanatic

there was one time i went on TTA while SM was being worked on and there were no walls or curtains. the lights were on and you could see the entire track

I got stuck mid track on DL's Space Mountain years ago and they turned the lights on. At first I was thrilled, then got kinda bummed out as reality set in that SM is just a couple of intertwined mouse coasters.
Of course the very next time I rode it in the dark, the Magic was back!

jeopardyfish

All I know is that the lights on the track and speakers were removed, most likely for a new paint job.
Which reminds me that I took some pictures of the track with the overhead lights removed. I saw that work and I actually took them specifically for here (actually, I slowed way down on the Speedway to take them...the people behind me were noticeably displeased). They're really not incredibly revealing of anything, but are you all interested? I also seem to recall peering over the construction walls at the station across from Buzz Lightyear and noticing that the mechanics of the moving walkway/escalator had been taken apart...is that correct?

LoriSue

Original Poster
:shrug:I don't think it's a stupid idea. Granted maybe to THEM it wouldn't make a lot of financial sense, but for those of us who only get to go out there once or twice a year at least we wouldn't have to miss out on the ride.
It would be cool if Disney could've built extra track around Space Mountain for the TTA to transfer over to when this kinda stuff is going on...that way they don't have to close another attraction that probably isn't getting anything done.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I got stuck mid track on DL's Space Mountain years ago and they turned the lights on. At first I was thrilled, then got kinda bummed out as reality set in that SM is just a couple of intertwined mouse coasters.
Of course the very next time I rode it in the dark, the Magic was back!

Actually DL's is just one coaster, only WDW has two intertwined coasters ;)

Thrill Seeker

Which reminds me that I took some pictures of the track with the overhead lights removed. I saw that work and I actually took them specifically for here (actually, I slowed way down on the Speedway to take them...the people behind me were noticeably displeased). They're really not incredibly revealing of anything, but are you all interested? I also seem to recall peering over the construction walls at the station across from Buzz Lightyear and noticing that the mechanics of the moving walkway/escalator had been taken apart...is that correct?

Post 'em! Hopefully we'll get some fruitless speculation from them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom