TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
OOOH TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS I TOLD YOU!!!! yea who called it? ME! yaaaaa son

wheres are all the doubters now???

Hillarious that just two minutes ago people were rolling there eyes at me calling me crazy because I said I believed Disney would go back to calling it peoplemover and I even gave reasons why it made better business sense to do so. Fortunatly Disney is thinking along the same lines

I thought they called you crazy because you tend to come across like a shortened Richard :shrug: which is a bit of a code breaking machine.

As for the attraction, given that statistically the largest percentage of guests on any day will be 1st time visitors, Id hazard a guess that theyd recognise the attraction by the sign on its entrance and the name on the park map. Just a guess mind :shrug:
:wave:

EpcotServo

IT'S DIFFERENT! LET'S GET EM'!!!!

picture.php

:lol:

Seriously though, this is the most "Peoplemover" narration I've ever heard. Even if you don't like it, the general voice followed by character voices has been the classic template for Peoplemover narration since it opened at Disneyland.

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=312

Figment632

I don't care about the character integration here being that it is not Epcot but I will miss Mr. Tom morrow... I guess I'll have to go back to DL were you can meet him.

The Conundrum

I don't care about the character integration here being that it is not Epcot but I will miss Mr. Tom morrow... I guess I'll have to go back to DL were you can meet him.

The tom morrow at DL is actually Alec-Tronic impostering tom morrow and doing a rather poor job of it.

You will still be able to hear the Mr.Tom Morrow line in Star Tours unless they remove it as part of Star Tours II.

Is the new narration online yet? I'd love to hear a sample (dont want to spoil the whole thing)

Exprcoofto

Characters aren't the problem, not a fan of the persons voice nor how there is no "Now Approaching" and "Paging Mr Morrow, Mr Tom Morrow". Would've also been nice if they actually used the buildings name for SGE and the Laugh Floor instead of the Attraction name like they did on DL's PeopleMover.

The Conundrum

The new narration is based off this version of the Peoplemover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcxHXO69qjE

This is the version I grew up with and guess what? It had charecters (granted not animated charecters but cool ones that people liked) and even a reference to Michael Jackson :eek:. If the new narration is anything like the one in that video I approve even with stitch and roz. The fact that it says "pardon our dust" as part of the Space Mountain portion guarentees that it will be updated in the future so they can further tweak it and I hope they update it on a regular basis (which still gives me hope that stitch and monsters can be removed easily if need be).

I wish they added the theme song from this version into the new ride rather than the 1960s Monorail theme.

Figment632

The tom morrow at DL is actually Alec-Tronic impostering tom morrow and doing a rather poor job of it.

You will still be able to hear the Mr.Tom Morrow line in Star Tours unless they remove it as part of Star Tours II.

Is the new narration online yet? I'd love to hear a sample (dont want to spoil the whole thing)

Thanks. Who or what is Alec-Tronic?

I think they will remove it from ST2 :(

kungfoosally

i dont know if its the recording or not but the main guy sounds like The Spleen from Mystery Men. ( i love Paul Reubens.. but i hate this new TTA crap!)

spleen.jpg

The Conundrum

Wow. This is kinda unexpected. Why so late after the opening?

Hoping that the male voice is the old one...If it's not, well, perhaps this heralds changes for the WEDWay Peoplemover and the rest of Tomorrowland. ;)

LOVE the Monorail song, though. :D Classic 1960's Disney Music FTW!

umm maybe because today is WDW's 38th. birthday???:p:wave::animwink:

Animaniac93-98

The new narrator sounds like the ORAC-1 impersonator found on the Day at the Magic Kingdom video. I don't mind him, but I do miss the other narration bits which could have been incorporated into this new track.

Monorail song is a plus.

Character voices are not as annoying as they could be but I could easily do without them.

Sounds like their still tweeking it so hopefully the end result will be better.

The Conundrum

The new narrator sounds like the ORAC-1 impersonator found on the Day at the Magic Kingdom video. I don't mind him, but I do miss the other narration bits which could have been incorporated into this new track.

Monorail song is a plus.

Character voices are not as annoying as they could be but I could easily do without them.

Sounds like their still tweeking it so hopefully the end result will be better.

any video or audio online?

Somebody at WDW needs to be fired for this. I thought we were headed in the right direction but i guess my statement was false.:brick::brick::brick:

The Conundrum

Ok I heard alittle of it and it sounds good to me. Very Orca-1 like. I approve. The 1994 overlay of Tomorrowland had a nice run but its time for something new that has nods to original 70s version.

and the new Buzz section sounds LIGHTYEARS ahead of the crappy "JOIN BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ON A DARING SPACE MISSION TO BATTLE THE EVIL EMPEROR ZURG" which you hear while looking at a display of a lady getting her hair done.

The Conundrum

wow the doom & gloomers are out in full force tonight.

Why dont you guys write to phil holmes or disney with your displeasure instead of complaining over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom