TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conundrum

Get real, man, they're not going to do that. The theme of the land hasn't really changed, the quality of the content has just dropped. The only real reason to bring the name back would be to place emphasis on its viability as a real transportation system, and you're nuts if you think this company is into that anymore.

I don't think so. Peoplemover is easier for people to say than "Tomorrowland Transit Authority". You say peoplemover to someone at WDW and they will assume your refering to the the thing on the tracks above MOVING PEOPLE around. You say Tomorrowland Transit authority to guests and they will go :veryconfu.

So much for that

What I meant was that the 94 theme has been DROPPED from the TTA not the land lol

SirGoofy

I don't think so. Peoplemover is easier for people to say than "Tomorrowland Transit Authority". You say peoplemover to someone at WDW and they will assume your refering to the the thing on the tracks above MOVING PEOPLE around. You say Tomorrowland Transit authority to guests and they will go :veryconfu.

No. Everyone knows what the TTA is.:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

You're not thinking in terms of cohesion of the entire land, though. Disney uses that ride to help tie all of Tomorrowland together in one story, as science-fiction community of the future. Tomorrowland Transit Authority reinforces that story, supposedly providing mass transit for this community.

WDW Vacationer

There are two ways I look at this:

On the POSITIVE side, the old narration is from 1994 so it was time for something new. The "Buzz Lightyea" segment always felt tacked on and didn't make any sense since you hear it wayyy before you see the actual ride and I also feel that Disney should make an actually futuristic Tomorrowland rather than a retro one.

On the NEGATIVE side, it adds more charecter tie-ins in the park, it guarentees MILF and Stitch are now going to be here for a looooonnggg time to come, it also breaks up and destroys the 1994 New Tomorrowland theme.

You will remember in my first post in my "All magic kingdom, all the time" thread I reported that WDI was moving towards a new tomorrowland so I guess this is one more step in that direction (the lamp was the first). I just hope they redo the whole land and junk the whole 1950s retro theme since it makes no sense at this point without the TTA, timekeeper, and A.E.. I also really doubt the refurbished space mountain will have any connection the retro tomorrowland and instead represent whatever theme the new new tomorrowland.

It's probably headed in the direction of the original 70s FUTURISTIC tomorrowland which I can't really say is a bad thing.

Also, this new narration seems pretty much identical to what Disneyland's Peoplemover had before it shutdown. Will TTA go back to the original name "Wedway Peoplemover"? Would be interesting since most non-WDW fans refer to it as the peoplemover anyway.

Very mixed fealings but I won't make anymore crazy statements until Space Mountain reopens so we can see what the intent and vision for these projects is
Lamp??

The Conundrum

one of the lamps in tomorrowland that was themed to the 1994 makeover was removed and replaced with a new lamp that looks totally different from the others and reflects some kind of new high tech theme. Lee and some other people said this was a sign of things to come. I'll have to find the pic. I talk about it in my "All Magic Kingdom, All The Time (Has disney given up on Space Mountain?) thread.

WDW Vacationer

one of the lamps in tomorrowland that was themed to the 1994 makeover was removed and replaced with a new lamp that looks totally different from the others and reflects some kind of new high tech theme. Lee and some other people said this was a sign of things to come. I'll have to find the pic. I talk about it in my "All Magic Kingdom, All The Time (Has disney given up on Space Mountain?) thread.
Oh ok! I thought you meant the Luxo lamp! I was like um...that's in DHS!:ROFLOL:

CBOMB

Another update via the patented Martintext system.
He reports:
TTA has all new audio as of today:
-A male voice
-Some area loop bits
-Goodyear theme or Monorail song near Epcot model
-Character voices above attractions

Enjoy!
I just feel so geeky receiving updates like this. it's great!

I'm not the least bit embarrassed of judging something before I hear it. THIS SUCKS!!!!!

For all of those involved with this abomination of a refurb, may there be a pox upon your house for 10 generations, and may you burn in Hell for eternity!

Exprcoofto

Okay, I don't like it. The voice sounds like the Backlot tour male voice, and it seems like I'm riding the backlot tour. The ride is just a description of every attraction.

Character voices:
Stitch for SGE
Mickey for Mickey's Star Traders
Buzz for Space Ranger Spin
Roz for the Laugh Floor

Castle Cake Apologist

The new audio is just... god awful and destroys the careful cohesive theming of Tomorrowland as a whole.

I'm embarrassed to work on this attraction now.

The new audio is just... god awful and destroys the careful cohesive theming of Tomorrowland as a whole.

I'm embarrassed to work on this attraction now.

You currently work at the attraction? Anything else we should know about? Is the name changing?

For the record, I hate the new audio. :brick:

muteki

throughout the ride it's now known as the tomorrowland transit authority peoplemover!

:)

instead of the star tunnel music, it says pardon our space dust with more info
:(:(:(

here is an audio recording i found on twitter: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/ayacullo/view/5552471

:(:(:(:(:(

They basically turned simulated future transportation chatter into a talking park brochure. Everyone already has a map, they don't need someone to read it to them.

The Conundrum

THIS IS AWFUL! Except they call it the People Mover :) It needs to be a computer voice, Backlot Tour is not "the future"!

OOOH TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS I TOLD YOU!!!! yea who called it? ME! yaaaaa son

wheres are all the doubters now???

Hillarious that just two minutes ago people were rolling there eyes at me calling me crazy because I said I believed Disney would go back to calling it peoplemover and I even gave reasons why it made better business sense to do so. Fortunatly Disney is thinking along the same lines

Castle Cake Apologist

^Have fun running more intrusions with the guests jumping out due to the horrible new audio lol

Haha right? :brick:

You currently work at the attraction? Anything else we should know about? Is the name changing?

Not to my knowledge, but then again... I didn't really know about the new narration. They like to keep cast members in the dark about these things, especially if they're not operational things.

Hillarious that just two minutes ago people were rolling there eyes at me calling me crazy because I said I believed Disney would go back to calling it peoplemover and I even gave reasons why it made better business sense to do so. Fortunatly Disney is thinking along the same lines

Well, in everybody's defense, it's now referred to as "The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover". So... maybe you should calm it down a notch, kthnx.

s8film40

Any word if they renamed the attraction back to Peoplemover now that the 1994 Tomorrowland theme has been droppped?

The ride was originally named for the Disney designed technology it uses, so in a sense it has always had the name Peoplemover. The technology used for the TTA is a WedWay Peoplemover System always has been and always will be. It's the same as if they chose to rename the WDW Monorail System to Disney Elevated Transit it wouldn't change the fact that it is still a monorail.

Peoplemover refers to the vehicle and system.
TTA refers to the attraction as a whole.

3975737728_88652ab8c0_o.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

OOOH TAKE THAT NAYSAYERS I TOLD YOU!!!! yea who called it? ME! yaaaaa son

wheres are all the doubters now???

They haven't changed the name of the ride. PeopleMover is just acting like Blue Line within the terminology of the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom