Tta is open

Main Street USA

We just rode TTA twice during MNSSHP. The ride is much smoother. The revolving floor is new. Unbelievably , the upholstery was not changed nor was it fixed. Some new lighting . All the "scenes" were all the same as well as the narration .
Going thru SM was different only because the lights were on.The black walls covered the loading dock.I got to see the top part of the track,but to be honest I don't know what it looked like before.
I also stood up to see that the exit scenes were also the same.
I posted some pics on twitter if anyone cares to see.
Also on Tuesday while on COP there was a heavyset dude with a WDWmagic shirt on, but I did not get to talk to him.
I am whipped, will try to get better info tomorrow!
link to pics?

moreno

:rolleyes:

Sounds like a lot has been changed.

EPIC fail, Disney.

1. the refurb has 2 months left. reserve judgment. you are basing an "epic fail" on a few crappy cell phone pics.

2. Just because an attraction is opened for guests doesn't mean the refurb is complete.

_Scar

I'll be going there and to the studios tomorrow as my brother wants to see the hannah montana thing at the backlot tour so i'll take some pics and video.

The more important question is: why would anone make a special trip to dhs to see that??!?!!? :ROFLOL: I guess we're all different!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Also rode TTA tonight during MNSSHP....
in the mountain...the section between the lifts looks as though nothing has changed...the only way to see the exit scenes was to stand up and I didn't want to set a bad example for my daughter (so I didn't see what was down there-apparently nothing according to an earlier post). Here's where the huge change is...both queue areas are now covered. The construction makes it appear that large boxes were dropped over the queues, so the TTA track travels in a canyon of sorts. These boxes are anywhere from 6 to 8 feet higher than the TTA track so you really can't see any of the ride until you get to the glassed in areas (they're draped in black cloth right now) about 50 feet from where you leave the mountain. You think there's alot of dead space near Buzz, wait til the lights are off. I can't imagine what they intend to do here.
Oh, I almost forgot...by the looks of the demo work, the skyway restrooms are being leveled too. I'd read many reports that they might be staying, but you can see though almost the whole building now, and the restrooms have been destroyed. I'd say the remainder of the building will be gone within the week, if not sooner.
I'm here for three more days and will be back in MK on Sunday during daylight. I hope to get a few pics of what I've described. And by the way...I think that the MK is looking much better than it did in Feb of 2008. I've noticed a lot of improvement in the general look of the park.

jt04

Also rode TTA tonight during MNSSHP....
in the mountain...the section between the lifts looks as though nothing has changed...the only way to see the exit scenes was to stand up and I didn't want to set a bad example for my daughter (so I didn't see what was down there-apparently nothing according to an earlier post). Here's where the huge change is...both queue areas are now covered. The construction makes it appear that large boxes were dropped over the queues, so the TTA track travels in a canyon of sorts. These boxes are anywhere from 6 to 8 feet higher than the TTA track so you really can't see any of the ride until you get to the glassed in areas (they're draped in black cloth right now) about 50 feet from where you leave the mountain. You think there's alot of dead space near Buzz, wait til the lights are off. I can't imagine what they intend to do here.
Oh, I almost forgot...by the looks of the demo work, the skyway restrooms are being leveled too. I'd read many reports that they might be staying, but you can see though almost the whole building now, and the restrooms have been destroyed. I'd say the remainder of the building will be gone within the week, if not sooner.
I'm here for three more days and will be back in MK on Sunday during daylight. I hope to get a few pics of what I've described. And by the way...I think that the MK is looking much better than it did in Feb of 2008. I've noticed a lot of improvement in the general look of the park.

Great news about the skyway. And great details. But how did the new LEDS effect the experience? Are they in the tunnels too?

PhotoDave219

Okay, clearly after reading all 140+ posts, its clear that NONE of you boys have experienced TTA in the ways that i have.

Its a fantastic ride and nice and quiet and generally private.

Really, if you're focusing on what they did/didn't do right the refurb then i believe you've missed the point of it entirely....

Next Big Thing

okay, clearly after reading all 140+ posts, its clear that none of you boys have experienced tta in the ways that i have.

Really, if you're focusing on what they did/didn't do right the refurb then i believe you've missed the point of it entirely....
you sir win.

kungfoosally

Okay, clearly after reading all 140+ posts, its clear that NONE of you boys have experienced TTA in the ways that i have.

finally, a voice of reason.

bosoxrock3410

rode it twice tonight loved it!! the lights were awesome they didn't mention stich or monsters. it looked alot better repainted in certain areas. sm had walls and posters up saying opening in winter. nothing changed when you enter sm and see rocks on the left i stood up and looked over wall it was same. i was trying to look at track but it went to fast. it looks like new fp machines are getting ready to be installed. and it was a mess by demo there was a guy on roof doing work at 12 getting ready to tear more down it really looks completly gutted i don't see how they will save the restrooms.

hpyhnt 1000

Well, I'm only going from the video (thanks for that, BTW :wave:), but what I noticed:

- Nice arrangement with the yellow/orange/purple scheme for MNSSHP. I like it!

- What happend to Mr. Johnson is Skyview Hovercraft 1?

- Theres a new SM spiel that definitely was not there before just as you reach the lift hill scene on the TTA. Perhaps it was there years ago, but in recent times, I know for sure that was NOT there, so thats something new...

- Is that a temporary wall covering the SM queue, or a new ceiling structure? I noticed little arches, not to mention the structure seems to extend out over the queue rather then just stay along the track.

- Hard to tell, but it does look like the Skyway restrooms as we knew them will not be staying, as it seems half of the men's restroom is already gone.

- Is that new music in the Buzz Lightyear tunnel, just after the salon scene? Never heard music there before...

Thats about it. I like the new LED lights, and I'm eagerly awaiting more SM developments. :)

sueuk

Exactly - I hoped the refurb was just going to generally freshen it up, not change it - we love it the way it was /?is.

Castle Cake Apologist

- Theres a new SM spiel that definitely was not there before just as you reach the lift hill scene on the TTA. Perhaps it was there years ago, but in recent times, I know for sure that was NOT there, so thats something new...

That narration has always been there, it's just generally very hard to hear. The refurb turned up the narration volume in key areas... just a heads up. :)

Exprcoofto

There is definitely a lot of new music playing in the speakers of the TTA. Someone said earlier in another thread said there was only narration, no music, but after watching that you can certainly here music.
Well, I'm only going from the video (thanks for that, BTW :wave:), but what I noticed:

- What happend to Mr. Johnson is Skyview Hovercraft 1?

- Hard to tell, but it does look like the Skyway restrooms as we knew them will not be staying, as it seems half of the men's restroom is already gone.

- Is that new music in the Buzz Lightyear tunnel, just after the salon scene? Never heard music there before...

Thats about it. I like the new LED lights, and I'm eagerly awaiting more SM developments. :)

I'm also curious why they removed Mr. Johnson in Skyview Hovercraft 1. They replaced him with some music playing.

Very hard to tell in the dark if the restrooms are destroyed/being destroyed. If so, there will be a lot of empty space!

Yup, that is certainly new, along with all other music along the track.

EPCOTPluto

There is definitely a lot of new music playing in the speakers of the TTA. Someone said earlier in another thread said there was only narration, no music, but after watching that you can certainly here music.

I'm also curious why they removed Mr. Johnson in Skyview Hovercraft 1. They replaced him with some music playing.
Interesting. At least there is more ear entertainment aboard. :)

Sad about the MIA Mr. Johnson spiel, but perhaps there's a logical reason for it.

And no, I don't think the Speedway's going anytime soon. :lookaroun:lol:

aladdin2007

wow the new music is interesting, very retroish and atmospheric with little sound effects, is it just me or is the music in the buzz tunnel and towards the end the same music that played in Horizons when you rode by the walls with the red and blue lights? the narration sounds really clear and crisper now too. great refurb, and it looks like the model was cleaned up with fixed and added lighting?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom