TTA Audio Alterations

disnyfan89

Meh, people on this site will find anything to complain about, even something so pointless as audio on a B-Ticket attraction that most people only use to get off their feet for a few minutes. :rolleyes:
For those who think complaining about the new spiel is petty and doesn't matter because it's only a B attraction you must really not know Disney. Disney is all about the small details and telling the story and making sure everything supports that story. Are we or are we not riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority? The old spiel supported this story by using phrases like "Now Approaching.." or the classic way things used to be subtly advertised while on the attraction. It felt like you where using a transportation system of the future with announcements for up coming stops and advertisements for local attractions. Plus other smaller details like news, weather and traffic reports. All things that you would hear in a community while visiting a major city. It helped support the story of Tomorrowland '94 on a whole. Now the spiel comes off as a boring, cheep spiel about a section of a theme park and on top of that they have to shove even MORE unnecessary character tie ins DOWN OUR THROATS! (Soon mickey will be narrating our trip up Main Street each time we board the Horse drawn Trolleys!)

Is it as big as a deal as say the yeti not working? Probably not. But does it disrupt the story and over all feel of tomorrowland? Yes, because Tomorrowland is not just some section of a theme park. It is a living community, a downtown, a central hub where creatures, aliens, humans, and robots pass through on their way to work, home, or whatever their final destination is. Not having a spiel on the TTA that supports this story is a pretty big deal to me.

awilliams4

It doesn't add up? Seriously? So the fact that I'm a premium member means I have to agree with everything everyone says on this site and get upset every time Disney changes something? :brick:

I've always made a point of riding TTA, but I never really cared much about the spiel, I usually got on it to get off my feet for a bit and people watch (oh and the AC on the inside parts was nice too). I could see if they changed the look of TTA or removed sections of the track so it didn't go thru SM anymore, that would be a logical reason to be angry. But to get upset about changes to the random announcements made throughout the ride is a but silly in my opinion, hence why I made my comment.

"Meh, people on this site will find anything to complain about, even something so pointless as audio on a B-Ticket attraction that most people only use to get off their feet for a few minutes."

You have a pretty short memory. Your quote above and what you really said the 1st time doesn't add up either. That's twice now, at least you are consistent. The 1st time you said that the audio on TTA was pointless. Having someone contribute and be a paying member of a Disney Fan Board would make most assume that you would understand the that Audio on TTA is a HUGE part of the fabric of Tomorrowland's themeing. Break out your calculator now so that you can follow this. 'That doesn't add up'.

Then your comeback is suggesting that everyone expects you to complain about everything and agree with everyone.

I believe you may be watching Fox News a bit too much as you seem to want to spin it all!

awilliams4

Exactly!

Am I a fan of the new spiel?

Nope

Does it effect my enjoyment of the attraction?

Not so much, no

Evil,

He said that TTA's Audio Spiel is pointless. That is borderline not even an opinion but just plain wrong. Do you believe that the Imagineers that themed Tomorrowland meant for the Audio that you can here almost everywhere at Tomorrowland is pointless? If not, that is what a few of us are responding to him about.

awilliams4

For those who think complaining about the new spiel is petty and doesn't matter because it's only a B attraction you must really not know Disney. Disney is all about the small details and telling the story and making sure everything supports that story. Are we or are we not riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority? The old spiel supported this story by using phrases like "Now Approaching.." or the classic way things used to be subtly advertised while on the attraction. It felt like you where using a transportation system of the future with announcements for up coming stops and advertisements for local attractions. Plus other smaller details like news, weather and traffic reports. All things that you would hear in a community while visiting a major city. It helped support the story of Tomorrowland '94 on a whole. Now the spiel comes off as a boring, cheep spiel about a section of a theme park and on top of that they have to shove even MORE unnecessary character tie ins DOWN OUR THROATS! (Soon mickey will be narrating our trip up Main Street each time we board the Horse drawn Trolleys!)

Is it as big as a deal as say the yeti not working? Probably not. But does it disrupt the story and over all feel of tomorrowland? Yes, because Tomorrowland is not just some section of a theme park. It is a living community, a downtown, a central hub where creatures, aliens, humans, and robots pass through on their way to work, home, or whatever their final destination is. Not having a spiel on the TTA that supports this story is a pretty big deal to me.

Now this is something I can agree on.

NewfieFan

Went on the TTA twice last night and noticed the new Tom Morrow ref. Its in the tunnel of space mountain and it's now also a throw back to Mission to the Moon. Didn't hear any music though in the space tunnel.

So what happened to the space tunnel music... did they turn it off again!?!

I'm ok with the new spiel... it was the lack of space tunnel music that bothered me! I was so dark and silent... kind of creapy!

Evil Genius

Evil,

He said that TTA's Audio Spiel is pointless. That is borderline not even an opinion but just plain wrong. Do you believe that the Imagineers that themed Tomorrowland meant for the Audio that you can here almost everywhere at Tomorrowland is pointless? If not, that is what a few of us are responding to him about.

I was more or less just agreeing with the fact that it doesn't effect my overall experience on the attraction. Not that it's pointless...it's certainly not that!

I just think some go overboard claiming that it completely destroys the attraction.

disnyfan89

I was more or less just agreeing with the fact that it doesn't effect my overall experience on the attraction. Not that it's pointless...it's certainly not that!

I just think some go overboard claiming that it completely destroys the attraction.
It destroys more than just the attraction...

disnyfan89

So what happened to the space tunnel music... did they turn it off again!?!

I'm ok with the new spiel... it was the lack of space tunnel music that bothered me! I was so dark and silent... kind of creapy!

Both times I went through space was 101 so the music may have been turned off for that reason? I don't know if the SM audio is linked to the TTA audio in that section?

Oddysey

I love the post. This is my feelings exactly. :sohappy:

PurpleDragon

Evil,

Wow........just wow! :rolleyes:

Now I'm wrong for having an opinion? Good god! :brick::zipit: :rolleyes:

aladdin2007

Perfectly stated! This is exactly what its about and why we discuss it with such gusto and detail. :)

awilliams4

The TTA Spiel was a major part of Tomorrowland's rethemeing in 94. Safe to assume that the actual Imagineers that designed it knew that and did it on purpose. Therefore saying that the TTA Spiel is pointless is not an opinion. It is just an incorrect statement. I and a few others are pointing this out. Get it now?

DisneyNut2007

Sorry, but this time, I'm going to have to disagree with this unnecessary negative rant.

It seems rather out-of-character of you too go about bashing without thinking, making yourself appear to be just as bad as some of the other cynics around here, disnyfan89. Shame on you! :mad:

Horizonsfan

In defense of all the people saying that the audio has discussion "merit", this is a WDW forum so what's important is all relative. This board is never going to talk about the most important things like trade relations, economic policy, and the merits of providing foreign aid. We'll talk about what is important relative to WDW and it's success or failure.

Castle Cake Apologist

Its not that big of a deal people. Its audio, yes they changed it, but good lord its not the end of the world.

This attitude is the reason we have a giant hat blocking the view of Hollywood Boulevard now. It's also the reason we had a giant wand on Spaceship Earth for so long.

You may not see the connections, but they're there. This lackluster "it's not that big of a deal" attitude is what causes Disney to do these ridiculous things.

The new narration on TTA is absolutely godawful. I work ops at Tomorrowland, including on TTA. The tightly themed fabric of Tomorrowland is part of my every day life. This new narration is nothing but a dumbed down watery excuse for Imagineering. None of it makes any sense whatsoever and it completely destroys the vast theming and detailing of this incredible land.

But it's okay... put your blinders up and keep smiling and enjoying your "excuse to get off your feet" while you wait for your Fastpass for the "new and improved" Space Mountain. Disney will certainly enjoy making the experience as simple and commercialized as possible for you.

misterID

This attitude is the reason we have a giant hat blocking the view of Hollywood Boulevard now. It's also the reason we had a giant wand on Spaceship Earth for so long.

You may not see the connections, but they're there. This lackluster "it's not that big of a deal" attitude is what causes Disney to do these ridiculous things.

The new narration on TTA is absolutely godawful. I work ops at Tomorrowland, including on TTA. The tightly themed fabric of Tomorrowland is part of my every day life. This new narration is nothing but a dumbed down watery excuse for Imagineering. None of it makes any sense whatsoever and it completely destroys the vast theming and detailing of this incredible land.

But it's okay... put your blinders up and keep smiling and enjoying your "excuse to get off your feet" while you wait for your Fastpass for the "new and improved" Space Mountain. Disney will certainly enjoy making the experience as simple and commercialized as possible for you.

Yes. Perfectly put. :cool:

And the narration on TTA is its most important element, seeing it has no AA's or show scenes, except the Progress City model.

TalkingHead

Bad TTA narration is as bad as the Castle being torn down!! Preech it brother

hack2112

I like to call it Back to the 90's... The Ride!

Yes!! It destorys a lot like an oil spill in the ocean. Im ready for hunger strike!!
What?

Bad TTA narration is as bad as the Castle being torn down!! Preech it brother
What?

68.jpg

What?

/Doctor Who

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom