TTA Audio Alterations

Evil Genius

While I wasn't on the TTA new spiel hate-wagon I'm glad to hear they are incorporating aspects of the older version into the new one!

Especially the star tunnel music!

DisneyNut2007

What I think is so funny is that fact that the "new" spiel is designed to be like the classic ones. The prior version at the MK, which I enjoyed a lot, was unlike any prior version. So, we get the case for always having stuff the way it used to be, in the classic Disney-sense, and we get it in this case, yet it is complained about. :)

My thoughts exactly.

After all, the previous TTA narration was NOT the "original".

Some people do seem to become so accustomed to what they heard first that they don't realize that it's not the "original" narration. Same with Spaceship Earth.

DisneyNut2007

Now if they can only go back to the old TTA audio. :)

Which we all know darn well is not going to happen.

This only further reitterates the point that some of you don't realize that the previous narration was not the "original" and that the need to wake up and smell the roses is definetely in order.

hpyhnt 1000

Well, this is good news, though why couldn't they have done it before last weekend when I was there. :eek: I will say that I noticed the rather strange "PeopleMover is perfect for people watching" line had disappeared, so I guess that was phase 1 of the audio change.

Tigerace81

I am confused, What is now playing on TTA? The new one after the refurb wtih some alterations or the old one before the refurb with some alterations?

From the sound of it, the new one with the alterations.

I'll miss the old spiel but I'm glad the "paging Mr. Tom Morrow" bit back.

Dukeblue1227

I haven't been since January of 08... :)cry:)

And knew nothing of this... I read they changed the TTA audio just last week...

Anywho... had they changed it since January 08... but now they've gone back to mostly what it was before???

(sorry i'm totally in the dark about this... :eek:)

Tom Morrow

Yes!! Somebody up there listened! I hope they add more of the old announcements, but this is a step in the right direction.
Yes its a fansite, not a complain about every change ever made in WDW site. I understand that people get upset about rides closing or changing, but TTA is a B-Ticket attraction that has always been a walk on since back when it was the WEDway People mover. It has never generated much of a crowd because its a "Get off your feet and relax for a few minutes" attraction, not a "Must see" attraction. So the fact that people are ridiculously upset because the spiel on it changed just boggles my mind. :confused:

So by this logic, Disney should only focus attention on their D & E ticket attractions, and everything else doesn't matter?

Castle Cake Apologist

TTA is a B-Ticket attraction that has always been a walk on since back when it was the WEDway People mover. It has never generated much of a crowd because its a "Get off your feet and relax for a few minutes" attraction, not a "Must see" attraction. So the fact that people are ridiculously upset because the spiel on it changed just boggles my mind. :confused:

TTA is actually an extremely popular attraction, even among regular day guests.

It never has a wait because it has one of the highest hourly ride capacities on Disney property.

When the park is busy enough, we have to turn the speedramp off because it gets backed up with people... I've seen the line stretch back to Cool Ship.

The new narration was a terrible misstep in theming, and I was excited to hear the Tom Morrow and Star Tunnel alterations... Gives me hope.

RSoxNo1

How difficult would it be to have a Timekeeper show scene? I assume the animatronic is still in storage. Let's dust him off, but him in a show scene behind glass and just have him on a loop telling Tomorrowland news or something.

Castle Cake Apologist

How difficult would it be to have a Timekeeper show scene? I assume the animatronic is still in storage. Let's dust him off, but him in a show scene behind glass and just have him on a loop telling Tomorrowland news or something.

Up until recently, what is left of him was stored upstairs in the Tomorrowland Skyway Station...

misterID

That's a good idea.

Horizonsfan

That's a great idea about the timekeeper showscene. What about that other Buzz/IYHW window that's blackedout, how about putting that to use?

The new narration is still less fitting to new TL compared to the old but it's okay. My only strong problems with the TTA, as is, is that the Star Traders piece is way too cheesy and in SM, after the post-show, there is nothing to see for way too long.

gustaftp

I'm not such a fan of the voice used. It really doesn't sound like it's done by a voiceover performer. I would've much preferred someone with either a deeper voice (like Ed McMann or Charlie Tuna) or the female voice used when traveling through the under-refurbishment Space Mountain.

aladdin2007

Too bad they dont bring back, now approachinggggg spaceeee mountainnnnnn :(, that was classic. Frankly whatever money it took to change the whole audio spiel could have been put to better use elsewhere, it was fine as was and was original and creative and memorable. The new one is generic and flat, and Imagineering fell short here I think (audio wise). Oh well. Actually maybe Imagineering didnt have a part in the change? It actually sounds like the bean counters in TDO are the ones who came up with the spiel. I do like the new little music elements though throughout.

drossjr

Too bad they dont bring back, now approachinggggg spaceeee mountainnnnnn :(, that was classic. Frankly whatever money it took to change the whole audio spiel could have been put to better use elsewhere, it was fine as was and was original and creative and memorable. The new one is generic and flat, and Imagineering fell short here I think (audio wise). Oh well. Actually maybe Imagineering didnt have a part in the change? It actually sounds like the bean counters in TDO are the ones who came up with the spiel. I do like the new little music elements though throughout.

Love that part

Glad to hear the star effect music is back and so is Tom Morrow though :wave:

RSoxNo1

That's a great idea about the timekeeper showscene. What about that other Buzz/IYHW window that's blackedout, how about putting that to use?

The new narration is still less fitting to new TL compared to the old but it's okay. My only strong problems with the TTA, as is, is that the Star Traders piece is way too cheesy and in SM, after the post-show, there is nothing to see for way too long.

Seriously though, Disney, I'm available. If you want to give me a small budget to come up with these types of improvements a la what Tony Baxter is doing over in Disneyland, I'm up for it.

SoccerMickey

Seriously though, Disney, I'm available. If you want to give me a small budget to come up with these types of improvements a la what Tony Baxter is doing over in Disneyland, I'm up for it.

the previous incarnation of the TTA audio was amazing....when new tomorrowland opened in 1994 and the theme of the land was a sci-fi vision of a city of the future. I am more upset to see that vision scrapped and it's two "new" attractions, The Timekeeper and Alien Encounter, gone than I am audio that became obsolete.

Jerm

I am sorry i missed it by a few days, but I am glad they did it since as I said here they included that bit about Tom Morrow in the updated MK Filed Guide.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom