TSI / Frontierland Addition

Timon

However it's done, a nicely themed boat restaurant would work for WDW.

Is that Wally Boag and Betty Taylor?

Yeah I think so. I always had a soft spot for classic Golden Horse Shoe. To bring a version of that show back as a real show boat dinner show on Bay Lake-7 Seas would be amazing.

Timon

Of course they could finish Liberty Square which got short changed in '71. Then there would be the intimate small streets and shops. Also the space behind the Christmas shop area.

MK%252520Liberty%252520Sq.%252520-%252520Addition.jpg

flavious27

I just don't think they need a New Orleans square in Florida. Leave that to Disneyland where it is designed, and not hemmed in.

There is no reason they can't theme this to the wild West.

They have a NO section in PO, guests seem to like it. Adding a NO district would fit in with TSI. It may seemed hemmed in, but it would not look as hemmed in as the NO square is in dl.

We have Liberty Square instead.

And. One doesn't have to replace the other as long as it is themed right and looks right.

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
They have a NO section in PO, guests seem to like it. Adding a NO district would fit in with TSI. It may seemed hemmed in, but it would not look as hemmed in as the NO square is in dl.

I never said that guests wouldn't like a New Orleans themed area. I'm sure it would be wildly popular. I just don't think there is a need for it. Work on the lands we have, flesh them out, make each and every one as rich as Disneyland.

Yes, it would be hemmed in behind the Haunted Mansion. Guest flow down one 8-10' path in and out would be an absolute nightmare. Evac would be very difficult. Life safety wouldn't allow it. I'm not going to endlessly debate planning however in this thread. If you would like to discuss further please PM me and I'll give you my e-mail.

tirian

I never said that guests wouldn't like a New Orleans themed area. I'm sure it would be wildly popular. I just don't think there is a need for it. Work on the lands we have, flesh them out, make each and every one as rich as Disneyland.

Yes, it would be hemmed in behind the Haunted Mansion. Guest flow down one 8-10' path in and out would be an absolute nightmare. Evac would be very difficult. Life safety wouldn't allow it. I'm not going to endlessly debate planning however in this thread. If you would like to discuss further please PM me and I'll give you my e-mail.

Exactly; a small walkway might work in California, but not in Florida. In fact, as much as I truly love DL, its much-heralded "intimacy" annoys me. NOS is the only land that's convincingly charming; the others are simply too small for the crowds. I appreciate the level of detail put into DL, but you have to be there on a rare empty day to actually appreciate it. The park is usually too crammed to notice the smaller things.

And for what it's worth, I travel to the real NO at least once a year, and DL barely resembles it.

I agree with you: flesh out the existing lands at the MK. The Fantasyland Expansion helps tremendously. Heck, I'm cool with the remaining medieval faire look in Old FL as long as the attractions get upgraded and the new restrooms have Bavarian architecture. Add another E-ticket to Tomorrowland and spruce up the half that wasn't rethemed in 1994. Renovate the Frontierland shops so that it's more of a land and less of a walkway. Yank the carpets out of Adventureland and add live entertainment. Add any one of the multiple E-tickets proposed for AL.

The original Imagineers saw the Florida Project as a way to correct the mistakes made with DL, not as an excuse to cut corners because it's "bigger anyway."

flavious27

Well it will be a better way for those to exit tsi then the current system. I understand that the regs will not allow such a narrow path, it is just an idea to add a small themes land that would help to continue to elevate the park. Any new expansion to MK is going to be very difficult because of how difficult it will be for disney to transport guests into and out of that area.

POFQ would be a better place to add a proper Tiana's with a bit of a NO area feel. I just don't trust that tdo will spend the money to execute it all of the way.

Exactly; a small walkway might work in California, but not in Florida. In fact, as much as I truly love DL, its much-heralded "intimacy" annoys me. NOS is the only land that's convincingly charming; the others are simply too small for the crowds. I appreciate the level of detail put into DL, but you have to be there on a rare empty day to actually appreciate it. The park is usually too crammed to notice the smaller things.

And for what it's worth, I travel to the real NO at least once a year, and DL barely resembles it.

I agree with you: flesh out the existing lands at the MK. The Fantasyland Expansion helps tremendously. Heck, I'm cool with the remaining medieval faire look in Old FL as long as the attractions get upgraded and the new restrooms have Bavarian architecture. Add another E-ticket to Tomorrowland and spruce up the half that wasn't rethemed in 1994. Renovate the Frontierland shops so that it's more of a land and less of a walkway. Yank the carpets out of Adventureland and add live entertainment. Add any one of the multiple E-tickets proposed for AL.

The original Imagineers saw the Florida Project as a way to correct the mistakes made with DL, not as an excuse to cut corners because it's "bigger anyway."

There are plenty of areas that need to be renovated and fleshed out more, TL being the biggest sore spot in the park. The speedway needs to be completely reimagined and the direction behind it can be carried over to the rest of TL. The theme needs to be advanced into what we see in the last star trek movie.

jhastings74

Yeah but the other docked-boat-turned-restaurant is in no mans land at the space formerly known as PI. (That's the one you're talking about, right? I can't think of any other boat restaurants, but I am fairly tired, so...)

An in-park boat restaurant would definitely fare better, wouldn't you think? Considerably more park guests would see this one

Don't forget about Min & Bill's Dockside Diner! :)

pppapazo

Of course they could finish Liberty Square which got short changed in '71. Then there would be the intimate small streets and shops. Also the space behind the Christmas shop area.[/IMG]

Is this what the original footprint of Liberty Square was supposed to be like? Is there somewere we can find out more about that?

Thanks!

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
Well it will be a better way for those to exit tsi then the current system. I understand that the regs will not allow such a narrow path, it is just an idea to add a small themes land that would help to continue to elevate the park.

That is just it though. I really don't see the need to add more small themes. I think they need to complete the big themes they already have established. Frontierland, Adventureland, and Tomorrowland could really use some work in establishing a cohesive vision. Adding more small themed areas will only muddle that in my opinion.

flavious27

That is just it though. I really don't see the need to add more small themes. I think they need to complete the big themes they already have established. Frontierland, Adventureland, and Tomorrowland could really use some work in establishing a cohesive vision. Adding more small themed areas will only muddle that in my opinion.

I understand, there is work that needs to be done. I mentioned TL needing the most work, next up would be eisner's space filler in AL. The only problems I see with frontierland is the lack of a TS and the need to refurb tsi.

El Grupo

Regarding TSI, I'm embarrassed that, in all of my trips to WDW, I've never stepped on the island. With that said, I've seen the fort in videos. However, is there a real play area along the lines of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail from DCA?

If not, it seems that this would be an attractive addition to the island: fairly inexpensive and low maintenance (in comparison to a ride) and it would appeal to the kids.

Like everyone else, I'd prefer seeing a new ride-based attraction anywhere in the park. However, this could be a nice intermediate step there.

flavious27

Regarding TSI, I'm embarrassed that, in all of my trips to WDW, I've never stepped on the island. With that said, I've seen the fort in videos. However, is there a real play area along the lines of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail from DCA?

If not, it seems that this would be an attractive addition to the island: fairly inexpensive and low maintenance (in comparison to a ride) and it would appeal to the kids.

Like everyone else, I'd prefer seeing a new ride-based attraction anywhere in the park. However, this could be a nice intermediate step there.

Hmm, that sounds like a possibility to update TSI. The way to look at TSI is like a predecessor of Redwood creek challenge trail.

pppapazo

I understand, there is work that needs to be done. I mentioned TL needing the most work, next up would be eisner's space filler in AL. The only problems I see with frontierland is the lack of a TS and the need to refurb tsi.

The only thing I wish for Frontierland is that they bring back the Diamond Horseshow.

flavious27

The only thing I wish for Frontierland is that they bring back the Diamond Horseshow.

nothing is stopping you from running onto the stage.

Atleast it is still open and they haven't really gutted it. They could always add the show back in some way, they would have to be carefully with how they do it.

This is part of the problem I kind of see for Disney. They have a western style musical dinner show with hoop dee doo. If they had the same thing at WDW with the Diamond Horseshoe Revue, it could hurt business with hdd. It would be great if disney built the orlando class ships to have nightly cruises around the seven seas lagoon and bay lake, but they could also take away business from hdd.

I would like to see disney bring back connections to the early years, but they would not be exactly the same. If the cruises at night were booze cruises, it wouldn't effect hdd. with the popularity of toy story, diamond horseshoe revue could be a Woody's Roundup dinner show/ character meal. yes these entrainment options would not be the same as what was at wdw before, but they would still honor the past while creating new memories for the generation that is vising now and will tell their stories in 20 or 30 years.

juniorthomas

Well, yeah. I can see Tiana's working at FQ, but Disney would need to build it as shown in the movie. They can not get away with reopening one of the closed restaurants and calling it Tiana's. I know that is probably what they will do, and it would do so much disservice to the images that the artists created.

At this point, it will be hard to shoehorn most things into MK. Tron is going to be hard to add, if MK and TL would be the destination. We have princessland, but Tangled's creators produced alot of good settings that might not be easily transported into a small area. There is the need of more pirates stuff, and the question is how could it be done right.

If they put it in the park, they would absolutely cram it in there. Space is always a concern, so in an attempt to get The Princess and the Frog in the parks, they'll take what they can get. (Do they have anything else from that movie in there outside of Meet and Greets?)

FQ would probably be best. They'd have more space, and with that they could have the opportunity to do Tiana's Place right. It could very easily become a high demand restaurant that people will actually leave the parks to go to.

juniorthomas

Well it isn't my best illustration, but it kind of gets the point across.

I think it would look like how it does in the movie:

59070_1275853688557_full.jpg

With the area around it having some of the french quarter architecture and narrow streets.

French-Quarter-800.jpg

This area would be small, but would have area to expand if needed to.

You never fail to impress. Way to Google/screencap/research concept art!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom