Trouble in paradise officially?

Weather_Lady

I definitely didn't mean to imply or talk rudely about anyone who makes a certain amount of money. I hope it did not come off that way. I can assure you I am the last person to actually "care" about money. If I did I wouldn't go to WDW.
Oh no, not at all! Your comment didn't attack anyone: it just focused my attention on factors I sometimes fail to appreciate.

CosmicRays

It would have a boot on it in under 1 hour
I have definitely seen weirder things in the catacombs they call the NYC subway system. :)

Oh no, not at all! Your comment didn't attack anyone: it just focused my attention on factors I sometimes fail to appreciate.
Same here. One of my favorite sayings from my Grandmother - "Someone always has it harder than you."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
New Yorkers understand the statement "business is business". Each individual has to manage their finances the best they can and find the best paying job they can. Companies / Corporations whatever are looking at their bottom lines and how much productivity can be obtained from their work force at least cost. It's not nice and touchy feelie but its what it is. Don't blame the businesses for doing what they do conducting business. A person does not like what they do or get paid, well, do what is necessary to get another job, upgrade training / education etc. it ain't easy, many times not fair and always challenging just don't blame entities i.e. "companies".
Meh...you certainly can do better than defend the virtues/sing the praises of straight up capitalism, Senator

dsinclair

The complete ignorance to the economic reality right now (even before the pandemic) is astounding.

Wages have been flat or negative over the last 30 years for everyone but the highest earners.
ib388-figurea.jpg

wages.PNG

Wage Stagnation

While at the same time costs of basics have eaten up the median families income:
Cass-1-768x498.jpg

Cost of Thriving

SamusAranX

So many boomers in here going on about how they picked themselves up by the bootstraps. If I could roll my eyes any harder I would.

I am a millennial, and the only debt I have is my car. Everything else I save for. I left home at 18, started at Pizza hut, didn't go to college, and worked my way up to a long term career in software. Learned quickly that CC debt was bad, bad, bad. I learned to budget and live within my means, and if that meant putting needs before want (read: WDW trips) then so be it.

The problem isn't Boomers mentality, the problem is some (not all) of our generation want instant gratification and can't accept that they don't always get what they want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom