Trouble in paradise officially?

sndral

Limiting the time frame to ‘this year’ is odd, does that mean at some point before 12/31/2021, or does that mean at some time in the next 12 months?
The raw numbers the article cites are useless as well. Just because twice as many making under $75000 are going v. those making over $75000 means nothing if twice as many people making under $75000 responded to the survey.
It would be more meaningful if they had a bigger survey, asked clearer questions, and reported the % of respondents in each economic demographic that were yes/no.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't know about this arbitrary $75,000 threshold but getting all the pyro back, stage shows, interactive meet and greets, parades plus cleaning up from the construction site ambiance would definitely add value to being there. It's all about feeling the experience was worth the expense as to whether a return is in the future.

not really....it’s about spending 10% or more of your annual income for a week.

It’s about hard pricing...not “value” anymore. That exit was passed on the Highway by Iger the great and a series of unfortunate events. It’s complicated.

I’m not gonna debate the economics of it...because it’s pointless...but here’s the “facts”

1. I’m right about costs and demographics.
2. The customers actively took it there...
3. It’s not Disney’s fault. The dog will eat what it’s in the target range.

Parker in NYC

Biggest issues with the article is people said they werent going to go this year... (less value for the dollar, covid fears, etc) not that they would never go. And to put any price point on a group is dumb especially in a poll that prob reached across the US. In Nebraska, kansas oklahoma texas 75000 a year is totally different than lets say california making 75k. Just living expenses alone is totally different let alone different states and taxes.
Resort travel is up though through the end of the year and 2022 due to pent-up demand. Despite the fact that many lost their jobs/income during the pandemic. Those can't all be upper middle-class or higher folks booking trips.

NelsonRD

I am sorry, but those who make under 75k a year have to do the same thing as those who make over 75k a year.
Save and plan for the vacation that is within your means, by staying in your lane to make it work

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am sorry, but those who make under 75k a year have to do the same thing as those who make over 75k a year.
Save and plan for the vacation that is within your means, by staying in your lane to make it work
You would be the outlier on the “high end” then...

credit to you. But anecdotal in regards to economics.

Parker in NYC

But that isn't the case. If it were, there'd be fewer people staying on-site at Disney.

GimpYancIent

Resort travel is up though through the end of the year and 2022 due to pent-up demand. Despite the fact that many lost their jobs/income during the pandemic. Those can't all be upper middle-class or higher folks booking trips.
Booking a trip / taking a trip is one thing whether it can be afforded is another. Some book, go, enjoy now then just scrimp and penny pinch later to deal w the debt later.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is an incorrect assumption. We all have to make financial decisions, people making 75k-100k, are not immune to that.

but you moved the goal posts there...$100 is a different animal

And every study published for about 30 years show a smaller proportion of the populace living within their means, budget, save, invest, etc...

now all that stuff could be part of some big, vast conspiracy of misdirection...I just can’t see the angle?

Last edited:

ppete1975

1622748314676.png

unfortunately i think alot of disney visitors are using this income....
some even add to that debt every year so little suzy can see the princesses

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom