News Tropical Storm Nicole impacts to Walt Disney World - November 2022

sWANNISAX

I'm not really sure how that's done but most of the avelo planes go back and forth between Orlando and New Haven. Fingers crossed.

CJR

My flight is officially cancelled. First flight I see available is Friday night, losing an entire day 😩

Depending on your situation, you can look at other airports like Tampa's. I don’t believe they've announced a closure yet.

The hardest part is getting transit from there to Orlando, but it's doable.

Honestly though, weather won't be too great on Friday either. Less bad, but it looks rainy until the afternoon. Could still get a good "half day" in that night, if they reopen reservations.

RSoxNo1

We had a flight out of Manchester NH landing in MCO at 7:30 on Wednesday. When MCO made the announcement of their 4 PM closure Southwest wasn't made aware. We ultimately rebooked with a connection in BWI arriving at 6:20 PM on Thursday. I'm not optimistic, but that's really our only option until Sunday.

This was intended to be a gathering with 11 family members and if our flights are cancelled again on Thursday than the gathering will unfortunately not happen. I suspect my wife and I (who are a bit more flexible than other family members) will likely just push the vacation a few weeks, but my sister is unlikely to be able to rebook. She thankfully has flights on Friday which are far more likely to take place.

DCBaker

Premium Member
New updates -

THEME PARKS
  • Walt Disney World Resort theme parks will have a phased closure today, Nov. 9, beginning at 5 p.m. and will remain closed through tomorrow morning, Nov. 10. Resort Guests are encouraged to enjoy food and beverage options at the theme parks prior to returning to their Disney Resort hotel. Theme parks will likely not reopen at their regularly scheduled time tomorrow, Nov. 10.
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 5 p.m. with last dining reservations at 5 p.m.
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 6 p.m. with last dining reservations at 6 p.m.
  • Magic Kingdom Park: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m. Last dining reservations for Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Diamond Horseshoe and Cinderella’s Royal Table will be at 6 p.m., and last dining for all other dining reservations will be at 6:30 p.m.
  • EPCOT: Closing today, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m. Last dining reservations for Monsieur Paul, Space 220 Restaurant, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and Garden Grill Restaurant will be at 6 p.m., and last dining for all other dining reservations will be at 6:30 p.m.
To align with modified theme park hours, nighttime spectaculars will be canceled today, Nov. 9, including Disney Enchantment at Magic Kingdom Park, Harmonious at EPCOT, and Fantasmic! at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Walt Disney World Resort Hotels

Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be required to depart by 3 p.m. today, Nov. 9. We are contacting Guests with reservations to help them find alternate accommodations.

Guests staying at the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort will be required to depart by today, Nov. 9, at 3 p.m. We are contacting Guests with reservations to help them find alternative accommodations.

At this time, all other Walt Disney World Resort hotels remain open to Guests.

Character breakfasts at Disney Resort hotels will not include characters tomorrow morning, Nov. 10, so we can accommodate more Resort Guests staying at these locations for breakfast.

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage scheduled to begin tomorrow, November 10 will be cancelled. We are contacting Guests with reservations.

Dining and Enchanting Extras

Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Guests with pre-paid reservations will be cancelled and refunded to the original form of payment.

Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground have been cancelled for Wednesday, November 9.

Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise has been cancelled for Wednesday, November 9.

Disney Springs

Disney Springs will close early today, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m., with last dining reservations at 6:30 p.m. Disney Springs will remain closed through tomorrow morning, Nov. 10.

Disney Bus transportation from Disney Springs will operate until 8 p.m. today, Nov. 9.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom