News TRON Lightcycle Run Standby Line and Lighting Lane status

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop closed at 6:08pm, lasting for 18502.369 secs, or ~5 hours 8 mins.
Thursday 1pm Drop Average: 1hr 41m -> 1hr 44m (+3m)

Up to BG 57 called at 1pm, 3 more than yesterday.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 535 Stats (9/5):
7am: 1320.3 secs, or ~22 mins
1pm: 18502.4 secs, or ~5 hours 8 mins

BG 160 (+7) is the last BG called for the day at 8:58pm.

Notable stoppages: None

Average pace: 5mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 6m -> 6m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 41m -> 1hr 44m (+3m)

That does it for Day 535 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
1000014188.png

gerarar

Premium Member
7am drop closed at 8:47am, lasting for 6428.866 secs, or ~1 hour 47 mins.
Friday 7am Drop Average: 4m -> 5m (+1m)

BG's 1-11 called at 8:45am as part of the initial wave.

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop closed at 2:02pm, lasting for 3747.329 secs, or ~1 hour 2 mins.
Friday 1pm Drop Average: 1hr 27m -> 1hr 27m (+0)

Up to BG 58 called at 1pm, 1 more than yesterday.

Linkperez

My two cents: I have been one to try and maximize the amount of times we (my family) ride the various offered attractions. Last December, my brother and I together rode Tron 7 times - 4 via VQ and 3 via ILL (now single pass). I have been very good at timing VQs to get an early return window, and then we booked ILL for the superior nighttime experience. Yes, I get that Lightning Lane costs quite a bit. That's why I loved VQ. It was free, and you didn't need to worry about a long line (over 1 hour). Now, the free line will become longer. I also get that Magic Kingdom has way more offerings than Epcot. Maybe the standby won't dramatically increase. But being the newest original attraction (Country Bears 2.0 and Tiana's technically are newer, but they're relatively the same as their predecessors operationally), maybe it will.

And I mentioned Epcot because if Cosmic Rewind drops its VQ, it will start having lines as long as Rise (another former VQ ride) during peak seasons in Hollywood Studios. And Rise has had long lines despite almost every other ride in DHS being worthwhile experiences. Guardians' wait time will skyrocket, regardless of Test Track's status. I wouldn't feel interested in gunning for that standby, rope drop or not (we used to rope drop a lot, but now we take it slow in the mornings).

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 536 Stats (9/6):
7am: 6428.9 secs, or ~1 hour 47 mins
1pm: 3747.3 secs, or ~1 hour 2 mins*
*the morning 7am drop lasted longer afternoon 1pm drop

BG 110 (-50) is the last BG called for the day at 5pm (MNSSHP tonight 🎃).

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 4m -> 5m (+1m)
1pm: 1hr 27m -> 1hr 27m (+0)

That does it for Day 536 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
1000014200.png

Marc Davis Fan

Thank you, @gerarar, for you diligent updates all these days! Congrats on completing the journey! 😊

As for Cosmic Rewind, I’m now cautiously optimistic that it’ll finally make a standby queue available when TT 3.0 comes online. It would be so nice to have that great attraction as a normal part of the park, rather than requiring that one throw a wrench into one’s plans in order to run over there when one’s boarding group is called…

gerarar

Premium Member
7am drop closed at 7:12am, lasting for 744.516 secs, or ~12 mins.
Saturday 7am Drop Average: 2m -> 2m (+0)

BG's 1-12 called at 8:45am as part of the initial wave.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Virtual boarding groups are so stupid. Great in theory, but stupid. Especially for older folks or people who are not tech savvy (and this is not me. I am able to obtain boarding groups when I feel like it. It's just stupid.)...

Let people choose to wait in line or pay for lightning lane. That is the theme park experience and every attraction at the parks should be available to everyone at any time of the day.

gerarar

Premium Member
1pm drop closed at 4:31pm, lasting for 12639.741 secs, or ~3 hours 31 mins.
Saturday 1pm Drop Average: 1hr 59m -> 2hr 0m (+1m)

Up to BG 53 called at 1pm, 5 less than yesterday.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Virtual boarding groups are so stupid. Great in theory, but stupid. Especially for older folks or people who are not tech savvy (and this is not me. I am able to obtain boarding groups when I feel like it. It's just stupid.)...

Let people choose to wait in line or pay for lightning lane. That is the theme park experience and every attraction at the parks should be available to everyone at any time of the day.
I can see it for certain circumstances. First six months or so a new attraction is open, especially if it has a lot of breakdowns. It worked well for the AP previews for Tiana's (especially since APs will know how to use the VQ). They need to not have more than one in a park at a time, and it's absolutely absurd that Guardians still has one, especially this time of year.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 537 Stats (9/7):
7am: 744.5 secs, or ~12 mins
1pm: 12639.7 secs, or ~3 hours 31 mins

BG 165 (+55) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 2m -> 2m (+0)
1pm: 1hr 59m -> 2hr 0m (+1m)

That does it for Day 537 of TRON Lightcycle / Run!
1000014232.png

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I can see it for certain circumstances. First six months or so a new attraction is open, especially if it has a lot of breakdowns. It worked well for the AP previews for Tiana's (especially since APs will know how to use the VQ). They need to not have more than one in a park at a time, and it's absolutely absurd that Guardians still has one, especially this time of year.
I disagree. 6 months without guaranteeing a family that they can get on for free or they have to pay an upcharge service is absurd... Especially when the said family has already spent thousands of dollars on what most consider to be a once-in-a-lifetime vacation.

I think folks on these forums forget that the average park guest is NOT a Disney Adult that goes to the parks every other week or twice or even once a year. I saw so many confused families during my last trip, and it was sad seeing how frustrated or disappointed they all were by the lack of pre-planning, just because they had no idea.

And if you aren't following all these updates and 160 day/60 day advance bookings religiously like a crazy person, then you're just out of luck... Meanwhile, Universal Studios is so simple... Show up for ride. Get in line... Want to skip the lines? Buy express pass. Show up for ride. Get in line.

I say let virtual boarding groups last a month tops... And don't consider it a "grand opening" of the ride yet. Call it a soft opening and label it a testing phase. 6 months is ludicrous.

erstwo

7am drop closed at 8:37am, lasting for 5826.519 secs, or ~1 hour 37 mins.
Sunday 7am Drop Average: 3m -> 4m (+1m)

BG's 1-11 called at 8:45am as part of the initial wave.

Note: This is the last ever morning 7am drop for the TRON Lightcycle / Run VQ.
Starting tomorrow 9/9, the ride will switch to a standby line instead.
Thank you, @gerarar for your dedicated reporting of the Tron Virtual Queues for over a year!!!
Several times, I have used your info to time my day/ make park decisions. Thanks so much!

fgmnt

I think the number one feature of the boarding group system is to avoid a really stinky pain point in operations: the ride shuts down for an indefinite delay when the guest is 2 hours into a 2.25 hour wait time. This happens a lot with new attractions. when new attractions achieve an acceptable uptime, they should go off VQ. It was great for all newly opened rides at the start but definitely does not need to be on Tron or CR for that reason anymore (and frankly, Rise should probably still be on it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom