News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

jt04

As of now, in addition to TRON and Speedway, this project includes a minor overhaul of Tommorowland Power and Light (SM Gift Shop), an exit shop, but no arcade IIRC. The exit shop will be an actual shop (not a cart or corner), but probably about the size of Buzz's Shop or Merchant of Venus.

Interestingly the Tron reboot opened in an arcade iirc. Makes you wonder how long it has been thought about for Tomorrowland. Still good they are planning to remove the arcade for a shop or queue.

As always, thanks for the contributions you make here.

JohnD

There was always a possibility and I would bet it was discussed seriously.

That's not what you said. You said, "Then there is always the possibility SM will be the Tron ride building."

It ceased being "possible" when the plans for the ride were released. You didn't say "was possible" while it was being considered. Maybe you "misspoke" when you said "the possibility SM WILL BE the Tron ride". I don't know but you left the wrong impression of what was already settled.

jt04

That's not what you said. You said, "Then there is always the possibility SM will be the Tron ride building."

It ceased being "possible" when the plans for the ride were released. You didn't say "was possible" while it was being considered. Maybe you "misspoke" when you said "the possibility SM WILL BE the Tron ride". I don't know but you left the wrong impression of what was already settled.

I never thought of it from that perspective.

bclane

Funnily enough, it wasn't.

You'd be surprised what was though.
allears.jpg

MagicHappens1971

When should we expect work to start on this and any info on when the Speedway will go down for changes?
Going off speculation, if the speedway is just getting cosmetic changes to allow for Tron, either right before the show building goes up, or immediately after. I would assume that Disney would prefer to close it closer to the opening of Tron. Long story short, I can't see the Speedway closing until at the earliest late 2018- early 2019.

Next Big Thing

Going off speculation, if the speedway is just getting cosmetic changes to allow for Tron, either right before the show building goes up, or immediately after. I would assume that Disney would prefer to close it closer to the opening of Tron. Long story short, I can't see the Speedway closing until at the earliest late 2018- early 2019.
The speedway doesn't need to close imminently for TRON though. They have a lot of trees that need clearing and the like.

Still agree one your late-2018 guess though. Maybe Summer 2018 we start seeing some work where the show building will go.

Bartattack

I was fortunate to ride this thing yesterday... took me three days of trying. It's a great ride... a little bit short, but the whole experience makes up for it. The launch brought a smile to my face. I'm glad this is coming to WDW, as I would love to ride this again but I don't think I'll be going back to Shanghai Disney soon... I would love to ride it under less crazy circumstances

The_Mesh_Hatter

The costs do not think they are cheaper although they have already developed attraction in shanghai. The tour of the attraction will not only not be the same, but must be adapted to the public that visits MK in Disney World. I bet it will be a more aggressive and fast, as well as long.

I feel like I'm having a stroke reading this

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom