1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by wdwmagic, Jul 15, 2017.

1. azox

azox Active Member

This would be a great idea. Unfortunately they pulled all of the arcade games from all of the parks sadly. It's funny how they did that, but the resorts still have games. I just don't get it.

2. Biff215

Biff215 Well-Known Member

In the resorts they eliminated the ticket system, something to do with the "games of chance" legislation. They could still have an arcade in the parks if they wanted, but they're probably more trouble than they're worth.

tissandtully likes this.
  3. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

One word: optimism. DC Comics aside from Batman Family which is mostly a hard pessimism with optimistic themes are so inherently optimistic that the pessimistic gritty world portrayed in Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman just doesn't jar well with these characters. Wonder Woman got that down. There are moments of desperation and darkness but your hero always rises up and becomes this bright light and shows that everything isn't bad. This goes for Marvel too, just look at the final battle in Spider-Man Homecoming. What I'm saying is these aren't the Christian coded good vs evil fiction everyone thinks comics are. Heroes like Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Captain America, and especially Superman are expressly based in Jewish fiction and folklore that show normal people doing above normal things to make the world a better place.
    [​IMG]

4. JWG

JWG Well-Known Member

Since I can buy any 80's arcade game off the internet and at my local home entertainment store that sells pool tables and such, I'm sure Disney could find them then.

George and David2319 like this.
  5. Bairstow

Bairstow Well-Known Member

I imagine the arcade was pulled from Tomorrowland because it wasn't making enough money to justify staffing and maintenance costs. They're of more use at the resorts because they can occupy kids on rainy days and Disney likes to spin the meager complimentary game credits included with a resort stay as a "perk." I doubt the resort arcades are making much money, but they're still an amenity they can advertise and one the occasional worn-out parent is very grateful for.

6. solidyne

solidyne Active Member

That's right! :joyfull:
    Bummer. :(
    That's right!:joyfull:

Fantasmicguy, LazerLuke993 and bclane like this.
  7. DisneyparkFreak

DisneyparkFreak Active Member

When can we expect construction to begin?

8. *Q*

*Q* Well-Known Member

He could have very possibly been using a metric known as a "fib"

9. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Of the attractions that start with 创, which is your favorite?

egg, *Q*, Mart123 and 1 other person like this.
  10. DVCOwner

DVCOwner A Long Time DVC Member

Was there not some change in Florida law that caused a change in the type of "games" that could be allowed in arcades?

11. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Yes, a gambling law which could have possibly been applied to arcade games that offered tickets. Arcade owners panicked and got rid of ticketing or arcades completely. Florida changed the law to purposely exclude arcade games, but the damage was done.

Kman101 likes this.
  12. powderehss

powderehss New Member

...So is the "Tomorrowland Convention Center" where AE was going to be demolished to pave way for this coaster?
    Looks like it's out of the way though and more near the Speedway though if I remember correctly.

I keep giving myself false hope thinking they'll make an Alien Encounter 2...

MaxW likes this.
  13. c-one

c-one Well-Known Member

Surprised to see that the Tomorrowland arcade building is staying in. Wel, everything about this announcement surprised me, but that in particular. What's the long term plan for the building? Forgive me if I missed it.

14. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

Unknown. All we know is that it appears in the artist's rendering.

15. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

No.

16. Javier Antonio Nisa Avila

Javier Antonio Nisa Avila Active Member

But, @DisneyparkFreak asks When can we expect construction to begin?. It's a key question to begins to evaulate the real consequences about speedway and other future of the other buildings around the future Tron Coaster.

MOXOMUMD and azox like this.
  17. larryz

larryz Well-Known Member

And (key question) will they be closing the Speedway while they do site prep/construction for the Tronorail?

MOXOMUMD likes this.
  18. Bocabear

Bocabear Well-Known Member

Well now that they announced it they can sit back and let everything languish for 2-3 years before beginning construction...they can say they are "developing" the new ride concept, and then will build a duplicate of the Shanghai ride but 25% cheaper...lol

wdrive and EPICOT like this.
  19. egg

egg Well-Known Member

Wait, I might have missed something, but how will this be cheaper?
    Or do you just mean it will cost less because they have fewer design costs and Chinese overlords to deal with?

20. meyeet

meyeet Well-Known Member

I think it was a joke about how long the process from announcement to first ride will be drawn out.