News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
MK still needed something big for its 50th.

Not for Guardians and Ratatouille right?

EP: 3rd Quarter: Rat Ride

EP: Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens

EP: August: Mission Space update
EP: August: Universe of Energy closes for GotG ride
EP: Sum of All Thrills Reopens (?)
HS: August: TGMR closes for Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad
HS: December: Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 8
MK: will Hall of Presidents ever reopen?
MK: Aug 28 - Nov 16: Splash Mountain refurb (back of stage infrastructure stuff)
MK: Stitch in perpetual seasonal mode awaiting for a decision for a replacement
DS: December: La Nouba closes / Edison opens?

HS: Memorial Day likely: Toy Story Land opens
HS: Little Mermaid show replaced... maybe

EP: Space Restaurant opens
EP: Spaceship Earth gets a regular refurb
EP: late in year: Gran Fiesta closes for a Coco overhaul
EP: fall: Riviera DVC opens
HS: fall: SW:GE opens
HS: fall: Mickey's and Minnie's Runaway Railroad opens
HS: December: Star Tours gets new scene from Ep. 9
HS: one of these likely to be replaced: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, or, Indiana Jones Stunt Show
WDW: 2nd/3rd Quarter: Skyline (gondola lift) opens

EP: 3rd Quarter: Rat Ride
EP: Coco overhaul opens at Mexico pavilion
EP: Innoventions overhaul (most likely demo'd)
EP: Illuminations next version
MK: new theater behind Main Street opens
MK: Big Thunder Mountain finally gets the SFX that the DL version has

EP: Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens
EP: Spine renovation
EP: some sort of UK Ride
EP: Brazil pavilion opens, or 2022
EP: Nothing happening in Wonders of Life until maybe at this time or later
HS: two of these likely to be refreshed: Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, Indiana Jones Stunt Show
MK: 50th Anniversary
MK: New Night Time Parade
MK: spring: new TRON Bike coaster (keeps covering over outdoor section)
MK: Speedway overhaul done (likely a TRON theme)

EP: 40th Anniversary
EP: Maybe an Imagination renovation, or 2023

EP: thee new national pavilions by then... maybe

bhg469

spinners have bad capacity....honestly we need more omni movers and the like.
But they have a small foot print which is all that would be needed if the land was used for a better attraction. The speedway doesn't exactly pump out guests which is one of its many downsides.

Tavernacle12

So far as I know, wider Tomorrowland is still due a refresh, including the CoP and Peoplemover.

'Refresh' as in 'replacement' or 'update'?

I'm also curious what Tron does to Mine Train's wait. It's still the 'new' thing at MK, with Tron I wonder if it'll finally stabilise to be on par with the other 'mountains' at the park.

azox

TRON will open in the middle of them.

Potentially Epcot will take until 2023/4.

Wow that is a long time to wait for Tron. I am really surprised they announced it so early. (unless they were concerned about a leak) How long did it take to build the ride in Shanghai? 2 years? if so are we expecting construction to start in 2019.

roj2323

The projections beg to differ. Not to mention SWL and Mouse will be two years old when TRON opens.
True but capacity is capacity and the TRON ride will have hours of cue line I'd imagine. Unfortunately it won't do anything for Main street crowding but fortunately permanently opening the bypass might.

Movielover

I agree! I find it ridiculous that people think that just because Magic Kingdom has more attractions out of the 4 parks then it means that this ride is unneeded. Like everything else WDW is building right now I can't wait to ride this!

Kman101

Sorry I don't believe people are going to plan their trips around TRON. I agree it's not what the MK needs right now. It's not going to help with crowding though.

And maybe they should speed up their plans instead of dragging Epcot things out until 2023/24 ...

Phicinfan

I find it ridiculous people think it's that simple.

(!)
@marni1971 , understand what you are saying and agree this will only clog MK more. My question is, if you can answer, some help will come once SW:GE is fully open, and obviously Pandora is helping some. I also saw you thought more in Epcot also will help. Is there a plan for more expansion in DAK and DHS post those openings? Rumors of Dinoland restage, and what will happen in animation area of DHS are really making me curious if WDW really wants to develop enough to clear out MK some?

Matt_Black

Sorry I don't believe people are going to plan their trips around TRON.

This guy would.

tron-guy.jpg

Bender123

@marni1971 , understand what you are saying and agree this will only clog MK more. My question is, if you can answer, some help will come once SW:GE is fully open, and obviously Pandora is helping some. I also saw you thought more in Epcot also will help. Is there a plan for more expansion in DAK and DHS post those openings? Rumors of Dinoland restage, and what will happen in animation area of DHS are really making me curious if WDW really wants to develop enough to clear out MK some?

I don't think you will ever clear out MK...ITs "Disney World" to people who are not us. Ask any normie tourist and they refer to the MK as Disney World.

The problem, I see, with many of these thrill rides is that they are short experiences and very quickly belch people out into the park to clog walkways/stores/eateries. I do think there is a place for thrill rides in the parks, but I think they should be adding two B/C/D rides, for every thrill ride, that have high capacity and a lengthy time on ride. I like that it appears Disney is doing this at Epcot with the addition of Rat/UK and GotG, but they also are removing an attraction that kept 1800 people off the paths for 40 minutes.

In the war for bigger and faster, Disney needs to appreciate that adding the right rides can keep congestion down and lines shorter/more spaced out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To re-do Tomorrowland for decades to come, something had to be done with Speedway. And if it's TRON (electric) race cars with a TRON coaster behind it, then that would be a great capstone for the land.

Problem is: the rocks are awful design, and they can't figure out what to do with the Stitch Space. And it wouldn't hurt if MincLF and Buzz were replaced with something much more fitting or greatly updated. Until that canyon of datedness is figured out, sticking TRON at the end seems... unbalanced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom