News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

msg7

You would say 1260 an hour is excellent?
Haha not quite. I think they will find a way to work it out. On one of @MouseBrayden's videos, the alleged "Imagineer" mentioned in one of his posts that they would be changing the layout a bit. I think that there is a possibility that Disney will add more "blocks brake" sections which essentially increases the number of trains able to run at once.

britain

They did. They had the luxury of a single track, no duel central lifts, no double height load/unload, no ground level entry / exit corridors down the central spine, no post show and no WEDway.

And it still took two years.

You know I more than most would love it to happen. We know they have a plan how to do it. But here’s an example of the confined space, before it began to be confined:

View attachment 263861

Now imagine having to do it working backwards from no room to some room to move.

Well, as the universe continues to atrophy, it's bound to happen sooner or later. :)

raymusiccity

Interesting... This is the same imagineer that has been discussed on several other of TMV'S videos and on many other threads here.

Perfect timing to go back to an earlier version!
IMG_2269.JPG

No Name

Haha not quite. I think they will find a way to work it out. On one of @MouseBrayden's videos, the alleged "Imagineer" mentioned in one of his posts that they would be changing the layout a bit. I think that there is a possibility that Disney will add more "blocks brake" sections which essentially increases the number of trains able to run at once.

There are already block breaks at ~28 second intervals and really no way of changing that. They could theoretically dispatch every 30 seconds and reach 1700ish an hour, which is alright. The problem is that many people take long to board. When your average Golden-Corral-sized uncle can't get into position quickly enough, they can't hit that target. So the real solution is having more trains load at once, or having everyone practice before they board. And I can't imagine Disney doing that.

I never understood Disney’s clearly intentional misspelling of the word “through” back in day...

Seriously, what’s up with that?

Lots of places spell it that way, like every major fast food "drive-thru."

msg7

There are already block breaks at ~28 second intervals and really no way of changing that. They could theoretically dispatch every 30 seconds and reach 1700ish an hour, which is alright. The problem is that many people take long to board. When your average Golden-Corral-sized uncle can't get into position quickly enough, they can't hit that target. So the real solution is having more trains load at once, or having everyone practice before they board. And I can't imagine Disney doing that.
Dual loading stations like BTR..... I like that

Prince Thomas

They did. They had the luxury of a single track, no duel central lifts, no double height load/unload, no ground level entry / exit corridors down the central spine, no post show and no WEDway.

You know I more than most would love it to happen. We know they have a plan how to do it. But here’s an example of the confined space, before it began to be confined:

View attachment 263861

Now imagine having to do it working backwards from no room to some room to move.
That pic is SICK!!!!!

Absimilliard

Is it this one?

Yes! That's the video he shot. He did an amazing job and captured the essence of the land. I tell this to all my friends who ask about TRON: the ride has the most "presence" of any rides Disney has done since 1995. Think back to Tower of Terror at WDW: you arrive from the middle of the park and need to walk down Sunset Boulevard to reach the ride. As you get closer, the Tower looms closer and closer and finally, you enter the waiting line and during all the time, you had the kinetic energy of the windows opening and seeing the elevators go up and down. Add the scream of riders and anyone's excitement and anticipation will rise A LOT. They came quite close to replicating that for TOT at TDS, but ever since Toy Story Mania opened... American Waterfront is a gridlock mess in the morning and you lose a bit of the magic.

When you walk from the Gardens of Imagination toward Tomorrowland, you have the same thing happening as with the TOT in Florida. You see TRON loom bigger as you approach and you have the rich BGM to fill your ears as you walk upstairs and you see the trains of lightcycles launching under the canopy. You finally reach the entrance area and its like a dream that you're experiencing. In Florida, I think approaching the ride from the Fantasyland side will give the same feeling as you will have the similar walk and structure that will grow bigger as you approach.

My friend also shot this video in case anyone wants to have a closer look at the rich environment inside the ride:

My non Disney fan friends and my most anti Disney coaster friends are all VERY excited about TRON. Star Wars Galaxy Edge and the rest does not do a thing for them, but even people not familiar with the TRON movies all want to know more about the ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes! That's the video he shot. He did an amazing job and captured the essence of the land. I tell this to all my friends who ask about TRON: the ride has the most "presence" of any rides Disney has done since 1995. Think back to Tower of Terror at WDW: you arrive from the middle of the park and need to walk down Sunset Boulevard to reach the ride. As you get closer, the Tower looms closer and closer and finally, you enter the waiting line and during all the time, you had the kinetic energy of the windows opening and seeing the elevators go up and down. Add the scream of riders and anyone's excitement and anticipation will rise A LOT. They came quite close to replicating that for TOT at TDS, but ever since Toy Story Mania opened... American Waterfront is a gridlock mess in the morning and you lose a bit of the magic.

When you walk from the Gardens of Imagination toward Tomorrowland, you have the same thing happening as with the TOT in Florida. You see TRON loom bigger as you approach and you have the rich BGM to fill your ears as you walk upstairs and you see the trains of lightcycles launching under the canopy. You finally reach the entrance area and its like a dream that you're experiencing. In Florida, I think approaching the ride from the Fantasyland side will give the same feeling as you will have the similar walk and structure that will grow bigger as you approach.

My friend also shot this video in case anyone wants to have a closer look at the rich environment inside the ride:

My non Disney fan friends and my most anti Disney coaster friends are all VERY excited about TRON. Star Wars Galaxy Edge and the rest does not do a thing for them, but even people not familiar with the TRON movies all want to know more about the ride.

So HEs your friend? Kudos from me.

trainplane3

I was getting ready to say that too. You can have 50 block sections and 49 trains but unless your ride ops can load people, your average park goer can handle sitting into a seat and pulling back a bar, and be ready to roll in 25 seconds then it doesn't matter. If the trains stack, then you're going to be hurting your capacity until it clears. And once you have stacking, it's a pain to get out of.

@Absimilliard, he also captured one of my favorite things on Youtube:

I wish I could find the picture of the legendarily terrible Golden Horse SLC knock-off install featuring a completely screwed up inversion...and somehow still opened.

msg7

I was getting ready to say that too. You can have 50 block sections and 49 trains but unless your ride ops can load people, your average park goer can handle sitting into a seat and pulling back a bar, and be ready to roll in 25 seconds then it doesn't matter. If the trains stack, then you're going to be hurting your capacity until it clears. And once you have stacking, it's a pain to get out of.

@Absimilliard, he also captured one of my favorite things on Youtube:

I wish I could find the picture of the legendarily terrible Golden Horse SLC knock-off install featuring a completely screwed up inversion...and somehow still opened.

This is a reasonable argument. However, Disney does a superb job at not stacking trains. 95% they are not stacking trains on most rides. Now, this is only what I've seen. I usually go in the summer so in the winter this could very well be different.

Lol that SLC Knock-Off is a joke.:hilarious:

trainplane3

This is a reasonable argument. However, Disney does a superb job at not stacking trains. 95% they are not stacking trains on most rides. Now, this is only what I've seen. I usually go in the summer so in the winter this could very well be different.

Lol that SLC Knock-Off is a joke.:hilarious:
I'm not knocking their operations at all. It's really down to the park-goer to get in and ready to go in time. If there's a delay, it'll be them and not the ride ops.

And you can just say any SLC is a joke. Actually, maybe with the new vest restraint they'd be doable.

RSoxNo1

TRON use a double station like BTM with separate load and unload positions. Ride has seven trains and two of those are equipped with the sitdown TAV vehicle.

I looked at my friend's video where he placed a camera in Tommorrowland and recorded the land BGM for an hour. At the same time, you could see TRON since it was pointing that way and the average launch interval was between 35-45 seconds. I don't know if all seven trains were running at the time, but its a sample.
That's very valuable info, thank you. Looks like my estimate range was pretty good and this is another low capacity E-ticket. I wonder if building from scratch they can add an 8th row to the trains?

RSoxNo1

View attachment 263861

It's why moving Space Mountain to Epcot makes some sense.

trainplane3

That's very valuable info, thank you. Looks like my estimate range was pretty good and this is another low capacity E-ticket. I wonder if building from scratch they can add an 8th row to the trains?
That'd require speed tweaks which would lead to track layout changes (probably minimal), so I'd say no way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom