News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

etc98

I feel like that would be go very badly.

With the app unlocking your door, it's tied into your room number and the next lock is 30 or so feet away. Can bluetooth only unlock one locker without touching the dozens within a couple feet and keep connected to unlock the singular one you picked on the other side?
I could be wrong, but I don’t think MagicMobile uses Bluetooth, at least on iPhones. It uses RFID, which is a much shorter range technology that requires you to be basically touching the reader for it to register. It’s also the exact same technology that the MagicBand uses. So I don’t think it would have a problem.

If it was an issue with the number of scanners or how close together they were, they could have also done it like Universal though, where there is one scanner for a group of lockers, and when you scan it it opens the specific locker associated with your ticket

skiir97

I could be wrong, but I don’t think MagicMobile uses Bluetooth, at least on iPhones. It uses RFID, which is a much shorter range technology that requires you to be basically touching the reader for it to register. It’s also the exact same technology that the MagicBand uses. So I don’t think it would have a problem.

If it was an issue with the number of scanners or how close together they were, they could have also done it like Universal though, where there is one scanner for a group of lockers, and when you scan it it opens the specific locker associated with your ticket

I think MagicMobile does use Bluetooth. I thought it used RFID but when I tried to open my room door with my phone, I had to enable Bluetooth and use the app; I couldn't use my MagicMobile pass in Apple Wallet.

Ayla

It uses bluetooth to open your resort door, just like all the other hotels that have digital keys.

Hawg G

Attachments

• daniel-grove-tron-city-final.jpg
    daniel-grove-tron-city-final.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 74
  • d37b6017c4c76c5702bae74935689ba3.jpg
    d37b6017c4c76c5702bae74935689ba3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Recognizer_Legacy.jpg
    Recognizer_Legacy.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 66

UNCgolf

Does anyone know where this picture was taken from? It’s the best view of the two together that I’ve seen. Also, has Space Mountain’s lighting routine been changed to sort of match Tron’s?

I think it has to be from the Swiss Family Treehouse. The angle is right and that's the only place I can think of where you would be elevated enough for a photo like that.

Movielover

The trains are the only thing, as I always say.
The trains are not the only thing, you keep saying there are zero Tron references on the ride yet photo after photo proves this is false, yet you keep on insisting that its true. No matter how much denying it the ride is a Tron ride that is themed to the movies. I don't know why you keep stubbornly insisting that there are zero references to the movie when there clearly are.

The out of proportion yellow cycle some riders see for a second, that crash in a way they don't in the movie
More than a second. Go back and watch the movie which I honestly don't even think you have done. The second blue cycle that is taken out crashes exactly like the one in the ride, an out-of-control wobble leading to the bike flipping over and exploding.

You'll also notice a severe lack of hexagons..
giphy.gif

hex 1.jpg

hex 2.jpg

hex 3.jpg

hex 4.jpg

hex 5.jpg

And those last 2, you pass through a total of 8 of them during the ride.
Come on man if you are going to continue to be this factually wrong about a topic don't make it so easy to prove how much you are lying.

Casper Gutman

Why would there be? The ride is purely based on Legacy, the only thing that the GP would recognize.
I don’t really have an opinion on the “what’s it themed to” fight, but I disagree with this - Tron has a modest but still secure place in the pop culture zeitgeist, while I doubt most folks remember the sequel even existed. Recency doesn’t really help Legacy here - 12 years ago is much more then enough time for a film to slip out of the public consciousness. I suspect the biggest remaining footprint from Legacy is the soundtrack and this ride.

Hawg G

The trains are not the only thing, you keep saying there are zero Tron references on the ride yet photo after photo proves this is false, yet you keep on insisting that its true. No matter how much denying it the ride is a Tron ride that is themed to the movies. I don't know why you keep stubbornly insisting that there are zero references to the movie when there clearly are.

More than a second. Go back and watch the movie which I honestly don't even think you have done. The second blue cycle that is taken out crashes exactly like the one in the ride, an out-of-control wobble leading to the bike flipping over and exploding.

giphy.gif

View attachment 699295

View attachment 699296

View attachment 699297

View attachment 699298

View attachment 699299

And those last 2, you pass through a total of 8 of them during the ride.
Come on man if you are going to continue to be this factually wrong about a topic don't make it so easy to prove how much you are lying.
Wow, dude you are obsessed with arguing this has themeing from the movie. You will notice a severe lack of hexagons IN THE MOVIE. That isn’t TRON theming, it’s neon hexagon themeing.

Where are the Recognizers to zoom under? Where is the grid to ride through?

Where is the part of the movie where thy spend half the time outside in the sun?

celluloid

"Keep those programmers out of the system and get me that Chinese language file I asked for". MCP, Tron 1982.

It is funny that life immitates art. This could have just as easily have been a quote from Bob Iger about the project form Shanghai.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom