News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SplashJacket

Funnily enough, this ride made me re-watch Tron Legacy.
I don't really find this ride that great, but if money was no object I would re-do all of Tomorrowland to fit within the aesthetic. Specifically night. I would thoroughly enjoy an entirely enclosed Tron-morrow land.
I think Tomorrowland is a really hard land to design. I don’t really have the ideas and vision for Tomorrowland as I do for other areas, that said, years back, someone posted a mock-up of the Tron canopy flanking both sides of the Tomorrowland entrance, and it looked fantastic!

As I type this, I realize I have a lot of ideas, but honestly most of them center around the Tron aesthetic that you mention.

Out of all the Tomorrowland’s, Shanghai’s and Paris’s Discoveryland are the most effective, with each having their own flaws, but regardless.

Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland needs to address the empty stitch building, weak buzz attraction, cosmic Ray, the ugliness of the speedway, and most importantly, the massive concrete expanse and ugly bathrooms afforded by the the removal of the skyliner.

Shanghai’s multi-elevation works so well, if coupled with Discoveryland’s water features, that corner could be fully revitalized.

I don’t think anywhere in Magic Kingdom necessitates work. Facade upgrades in Fantasyland would be nice, but Tomorrowland has so much squandered potential.

Movielover

Wow, dude you are obsessed with arguing this has themeing from the movie. You will notice a severe lack of hexagons IN THE MOVIE. That isn’t TRON theming, it’s neon hexagon themeing.
And you seem hell bent on dismissing this attraction no matter what I or anyone else here says.

You will notice a severe lack of hexagons IN THE MOVIE
2665f73f47c65d8077fd786189bbaff7.jpg

cc61e43e88999516fe141a93e1ae4d3e.png

futuristic-landscape-tron-legacy-architecture-wallpaper-preview.jpg

1e6f0fb7e3743704b389fd7ca64801c9.jpg

1882e6ee4aec318c1c6175cdf64a2c48.jpg

This style that is replicated in the ride is all over the movie. like it or not the ride is based on TRON Legacy. You can continue to go on deny it, but you only make yourself look more foolish by claiming the ride has nothing to do with the movie. I and others on here have tried to convince you but it's clearly a lost cause. My advice, go outside and touch some grass, clear your head. I hope one day you'll come around to riding the ride, heck maybe you'll even enjoy it. Good day sir.

Hawg G

And you seem hell bent on dismissing this attraction no matter what I or anyone else here says.

View attachment 699558

View attachment 699559

View attachment 699560

View attachment 699561

View attachment 699562

This style that is replicated in the ride is all over the movie. like it or not the ride is based on TRON Legacy. You can continue to go on deny it, but you only make yourself look more foolish by claiming the ride has nothing to do with the movie. I and others on here have tried to convince you but it's clearly a lost cause. My advice, go outside and touch some grass, clear your head. I hope one day you'll come around to riding the ride, heck maybe you'll even enjoy it. Good day sir.
You're the one scouring the net for hexagons and found ONE.

I could just a easily say it is themed to Test Track.

The fact that there isn't a single Recognizer shows they totally phoned it in.

J4546

it would be cool if there was a recognizer right at the start of the indoor portion that you flew under. maybe they could add a laser projected one in the future...?

Last edited:

No Name

I’ve seen a lot of commercials and ads recently that are like “don’t miss the end of the world’s most most magical celebration, now through March 31st.”

I mean now is truly a can’t-miss time to visit, when there’s a fully operational coaster running in plain sight that you aren’t allowed to ride. Magical!

Movielover

You're the one scouring the net for hexagons and found ONE.
If you can't see how the basis for the entire architectural style is designed around these simple shapes than you truly are a lost cause. Look at the structures in Lightcycle Run and notice how only the accents are true hexagons, just like in the movie, but I know you won't and will instead continue to move the goalposts of your criticism.

The fact that there isn't a single Recognizer shows they totally phoned it in.
Your obsession with this one single ship, one that doesn't even factor importantly to the plot of TRON Legacy which the ride is based on, is bordering on uncomfortable. Yes, I agree it's a cool and unique design, but the ship doesn't even factor into the ride's story. The ride is not a "greatest hits" of the entire TRON world, its focused on recreating a single aspect of the world, being the lightcycle battle arena. Now you can certainly make the argument that if focusing on just one aspect alone is enough for a whole TRON attraction, but to say that the ride has nothing to do with TRON, especially for lacking 1 ship design, is utterly foolish and ridiculous.

This is the "Millennium Falcon ramp" argument all over again. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

celluloid

I was more so going the direction of the research that was put into the movies Star Wars, Avatar, and Frozen for their lands but I guess you could say that too

I don't know what Frozen land is like yet, as it is not completed. That would be a nice exception to the new norm.

For Star Wars and Avatar, See the above @JoeCamel post. The majority of those teams, particularly their championing leadership roles, are gone.

yensidtlaw1969

I think some people are just kinda mad that Tron is gonna be a huge hit in the parks. Some people want it to fail so that they can feel.... something i dunno lol. Fact is, Tron is gonna be loved by most people and be a huge crowd pleaser for MK.
Right, there couldn't possibly be any legitimate basis for people having misgivings about this attraction.

Anyone posing any critique must simply want it to abstractly "fail" for . . . some reason . . . :rolleyes:

Jrb1979

I think some people are just kinda mad that Tron is gonna be a huge hit in the parks. Some people want it to fail so that they can feel.... something i dunno lol. Fact is, Tron is gonna be loved by most people and be a huge crowd pleaser for MK.
Disagree. For me it has nothing to do with it being huge hit for the GP or wanting it to fail, I just feel it could have been done better and been longer.

One thing I do hate and consider it lazy is cloning rides. I get why they do it, cause it's cheap and the majority of GP have no idea an exact copy is at another park. It's not just Disney that does it, a lot of parks do it too. I just want to see more original attractions then clones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom