News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Drdcm

When they did the test track overlay, my moron young mind thought that was a Tron re-theme lol I legitimately thought it was a mashup of Chevy and Tron for years.

dmw

In the Parks
No
When they did the test track overlay, my moron young mind thought that was a Tron re-theme lol I legitimately thought it was a mashup of Chevy and Tron for years.
I had the same initial reaction and I was well past the young mind age. Maybe I could blame it on old age mind?

Jrb1979

I watched a review by Coaster Studios last night. His comments were the area is amazing and theming is done well. The only issue he has is the amount of brake runs there are. The ride would be so much better if they let keeps its speed through the whole ride. He does think it's done for a reason and that is it would be too much for your average Disney guest.

James Alucobond

More angles of the new snack stand:

I wouldn't mind this style replacing some of the kiosks elsewhere in Tomorrowland if the TRON-ening eventually continues throughout the area.

FigmentFan82

J4546

More angles of the new snack stand:

I wouldn't mind this style replacing some of the kiosks elsewhere in Tomorrowland if the TRON-ening eventually continues throughout the area.
Yeah stand looks good! Hoping for some master control themed popcorn buckets!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah stand looks good! Hoping for some master control themed popcorn buckets!
Over It Ugh GIF

999th Happy Haunt

I watched a review by Coaster Studios last night. His comments were the area is amazing and theming is done well. The only issue he has is the amount of brake runs there are. The ride would be so much better if they let keeps its speed through the whole ride. He does think it's done for a reason and that is it would be too much for your average Disney guest.
The brake runs are for capacity, they’re not necessarily there to make the ride less intense.

donaldfan

I had planned on going to EPCOT the morning of 3/4, then hop to MK later on for my Tron preview ressie.

I’m assuming they will just add another park reservation, or will this mess with my EPCOT plan?

No Name

The brake runs are for capacity, they’re not necessarily there to make the ride less intense.
Can you imagine how bad the capacity would be without those!
How many seconds apart do the trains run? Probably 30 seconds at best. They’re limited by how quickly they can load.

The first brake run is 19 second after launch, and the next 3 brake runs are 13 seconds apart after that. They could’ve eliminated one of them with no theoretical effect on capacity, and they could’ve eliminated two of them and still ran trains 30 seconds apart. 4 break runs is wholly unnecessary and bad design.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

How many seconds apart do the trains run? Probably 30 seconds at best. They’re limited by how quickly they can load.

The first brake run is 19 second after launch, and the next 3 brake runs are 13 seconds apart after that. They could’ve eliminated one of them with no theoretical effect on capacity, and they could’ve eliminated two of them and still ran trains 30 seconds apart. 4 break runs is wholly unnecessary and bad design.
It’s also possible to have block brakes with limited trimming.

celluloid

Ironically, the nearly 50 year old coaster right next door proves that point nicely... Space Mountian is littered with block brakes but you wouldn't realize it because the ride coasts through most of them without even a tap by the brake.

As does Big Thunder, which I believe has the record for the most of you count them all.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As does Big Thunder, which I believe has the record for the most of you count them all.
Thunder Mountain utilizes lift hills almost exclusively to separate blocks. Space Mountain has substantially more blocks (almost all separated by brakes) than Thunder Mountain. As for records, Space has a ton of blocks, but I'm sure I can find a few that have more...

Edit: After a quick look, Space Mountain might hold the record for most block sections on a coaster (whatever that's worth)

Last edited:

SplashJacket

Thunder Mountain utilizes lift hills almost exclusively to separate blocks. Space Mountain has substantially more blocks (almost all separated by brakes) than Thunder Mountain. As for records, Space has a ton of blocks, but I'm sure I can find a few that have more...

Edit: After a quick look, Space Mountain might hold the record for most block sections on a coaster (whatever that's worth)
Space has an insane amount of blocks, but they aren't as noticeable because the vehicles are very short, but are super necessary because each vehicle has such a small capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom