News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

skypilot2922

I don't know. My systems engineering and design lifecycle courses were chock full of such examples. And class discussion once made great hay from another Disney World railway less than 1.5 miles east southeast of the Magic Kingdom's railway, a great example of poor planning and complete disjointedness between multiple shops under a theoretically unified project plan.

One would also think that a critical requirement for the Tron ride project would be that its construction not prevent the park's iconic railway, a signature feature from Walk Disney himself, from operating during the park's 50th anniversary celebration, too.

The train being INOP is a feature not a bug.

skypilot2922

I understand the impact of the company's decision that slid the schedule massively to the right. But then again how many years did the same company take to build a bridge connecting the Grand Floridian walkway to the Magic Kingdom walkway?

Better example a Gazebo in AK, two years for something the average DIY'er could do in a month of weekends.

lazyboy97o

We are talking about the same company that made a calm boat ride in 2017 that did not have the ADA accessibility it should have when Pandora opened.
Since I don’t really care for Pandora, I don’t clearly recall the specifics of this issue. That said, accessibility for rides is not prescriptive the way it is for so many aspects of a building. For this we’re talking about a large envelope and even maybe an entire building in the case of the tunnel.

Contemporary hurricane doors would like a word. As would Japan. The pavilion. Not the country.
Those were modeled in BIM and run through clash detection?

celluloid

Since I don’t really care for Pandora, I don’t clearly recall the specifics of this issue. That said, accessibility for rides is not prescriptive the way it is for so many aspects of a building. For this we’re talking about a large envelope and even maybe an entire building in the case of the tunnel.

My point was both are failures in master planning.

skypilot2922

The biggest issue with the WDWRR is going to be restaffing.

Good luck with that project Disney, we may indeed have seen the last of the trains other than static display. You just don't put an ad out for steam locomotive engineer and fireman its a craft passed from master to apprentice.

TrainsOfDisney

Good luck with that project Disney, we may indeed have seen the last of the trains other than static display. You just don't put an ad out for steam locomotive engineer and fireman its a craft passed from master to apprentice.

At Walt Disney World you do. They’ll be fine.

lazyboy97o

My point was both are failures in master planning.
The supposed train issue would be a lack of coordination, not really planning, and definitely not master planning which is about big ideas and the future so it doesn’t get so detailed. With everything modeled in 3D it would mean nobody ever thought to model the ride envelope of the train and look at it in relation to the coaster. With the tunnel it would mean it was for some inexplicable reason modeled completely separately from the rest of the project and the two were never linked. It’s the sort of story that makes more sense when you’re working in 2D but makes a lot less sense when you are working in 3D and all of the design disciplines can see everything.

TikibirdLand

Thanks for sharing that link. Very interesting to read all of those steps in making a Steam Locomotive ready!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom