News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SpectroMan93

For me it’s not how much more thrilling Velocicoaster is than Tron. It’s how much it is better integrated into its space than
Tron.

When they first announced Velocicoaster, I thought it would look incredibly out of place next to the welcome center and that a rollercoaster in the Jurassic park section would stick out like a sore thumb. But not only does it not distract from the welcome center, it actually frames it incredibly well and brings attention to a previously ignored building:
8FF0EBB3-57C4-4722-9073-A130EE26F50F.jpeg
Not to mention how well themed the raptor paddock blends in with the land:
624920F1-C9B3-463D-935F-5837464D8B6C.jpeg

Tron, while the canopy I have no doubt will be incredibly beautiful, has no regard for the space around it. The canopy will be obscured from much of Tomorrowland, while the show building will have its whole @ss sticking out when viewed from Storybook Circus with no effort from Disney to hide it:
4EB3F0BB-9A11-4C48-B3CA-EE2847FA6817.jpeg

Universal took time and effort to design and integrate Velocicoaster. Disney copied Tron from Shanghai and plopped it down in a plot without much regard for sight lines. And it’s taking more than twice as long to build as Velocicoaster. As much as I know I’ll enjoy Tron when it opens, the lack of attention to detail from Disney is completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

For me it’s not how much more thrilling Velocicoaster is than Tron. It’s how much it is better integrated into its space than
Tron.

When they first announced Velocicoaster, I thought it would look incredibly out of place next to the welcome center and that a rollercoaster in the Jurassic park section would stick out like a sore thumb. But not only does it not distract from the welcome center, it actually frames it incredibly well and brings attention to a previously ignored building:
View attachment 559628Not to mention how well themed the raptor paddock blends in with the land:
View attachment 559630

Tron, while the canopy I have no doubt will be incredibly beautiful, has no regard for the space around it. The canopy will be obscured from much of Tomorrowland, while the show building will have its whole @ss sticking out when viewed from Storybook Circus with no effort from Disney to hide it:
View attachment 559631

Universal took time and effort to design and integrate Velocicoaster. Disney copied Tron from Shanghai and plopped it down in a plot without much regard for sight lines. And it’s taking more than twice as long to build as Velocicoaster. As much as I know I’ll enjoy Tron when it opens, the lack of attention to detail from Disney is completely unacceptable.
This is what happens when SD is copied!

The Aracuan Bird

Does anyone think tron "the ride" is the best use of this precious space. Does anyone think tron is anything special or remotely clever as a roller coaster? Disney aside. I mean universal just soft opened what could be one of the best roller coasters on earth....your move disney...oh tthats a pretty canopy.
The only problem with Tron is the building. Once again, they built a warehouse cube that compromises how several sight lines look.

Many will claim that “sight lines don’t matter”, but it kind of does for the surrounding area of one of the three most iconic WDW buildings, Space Mountain. Ironically, another one of the three is having its sight lines weakened by a big warehouse cube.

jt04

Tron.

Ummm.😕

1. Entirely subjective. While the project has exceeded my expectations a lot was lost aesthetically. Just not the same magic as before when the land is viewed from across the lake. But they reimagined the land effectively and credit where credit is due. I would agree if Tron had a coaster track section towering over the project. Therefore Tron looks much better.

And 2. Everyone is assuming the view from FL is the final product. Considering the pains they went through to hide an almost imperceptible corner of the mermaid show building, such assumptions seem unwarrented. IMO.

jt04

This has been discussed earlier in the thread.

It still won’t fix the view from the Speedway corridor.
Everyone is assuming the view from FL is the final product. Considering the pains they went through to hide an almost imperceptible corner of the mermaid show building, such assumptions seem unwarrented. IMO.

The Aracuan Bird

Everyone is assuming the view from FL is the final product. Considering the pains they went through to hide an almost imperceptible corner of the mermaid show building, such assumptions seem unwarrented. IMO.
- That was 10 years ago
- The Tron Building is taller, no?
- There are less angles to view the Mermaid building than there are the Tron building

Not sure why you would assume the final product will be that much better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bit of a stutter you have going on there
And 2. Everyone is assuming the view from FL is the final product. Considering the pains they went through to hide an almost imperceptible corner of the mermaid show building, such assumptions seem unwarrented. IMO.

jt04

- That was 10 years ago
- The Tron Building is taller, no?
- There are less angles to view the Mermaid building than there are the Tron building

Not sure why you would assume the final product will be that much better.

Great questions.

First, this is the flagship of Disney theme parks and they have not shown yet that these concerns are no longer relevant. Even at the other parks they continue to design at the next level compared to their competitors. See Pandora and Batuu.

I personally think they either have short term plans to hide both Tron and GotG buildings or longer term plans for adds that will do so. I.E. hotels, restaurants, new attractions. (FW hotel, Fire Mountain, Space 220 restaurant scale addition etc). Patience.

IMO.

MagicHappens1971

Great questions.

First, this is the flagship of Disney theme parks and they have not shown yet that these concerns are no longer relevant. Even at the other parks they continue to design at the next level compared to their competitors. See Pandora and Batuu.

I personally think they either have short term plans to hide both Tron and GotG buildings or longer term plans for adds that will do so. I.E. hotels, restaurants, new attractions. (FW hotel, Fire Mountain, Space 220 restaurant scale addition etc). Patience.

IMO.
Fire mountain 😂😂😂 they may make an attempt to hide the Tron show building, but the Guardains eyesore is here to stay. The building went up almost 4 years ago.

jt04

Fire mountain 😂😂😂 they may make an attempt to hide the Tron show building, but the Guardains eyesore is here to stay. The building went up almost 4 years ago.

Fire Moutain was only mentioned for illustrative reasons. Point is there is plenty of space available.

GotG is still a construction zone. One step at a time.

matt9112

That's so difficult to read, you sound like you were in a rage when you wrote it? :D

We just see things differently, that's all. I answered all your questions honestly, what's the problem? As for me being a Disney vacation rep, how odd. I've actually just said that I think the VelociCoaster is the better attraction for me, pretty sure a Disney rep wouldn't have said that :D

Trying to help destroy the English language 🤣🤣 honestly im on my phone and dont put too much emphasis on it. It amazes me when people say they can't easily read this or that. (Like how so many people freak over the versions of there) the sentence structure itself will tell you what they mean. The human brain can read entire paragraphs that are spelled wrong. Grammar was never my strong point dont worry no degrees here 🤣🤣

Not really in any kind of rage ? Just don't see too much merit in your arguments. Its a lazy copy paste job in a park that to be frank needs the least attention attraction wise based on an IP nobody cares about.

But sorry for misconstruing my words into some kind of "rage"
Good day to you kind sir or madame.

matt9112

The only problem with Tron is the building. Once again, they built a warehouse cube that compromises how several sight lines look.

Many will claim that “sight lines don’t matter”, but it kind of does for the surrounding area of one of the three most iconic WDW buildings, Space Mountain. Ironically, another one of the three is having its sight lines weakened by a big warehouse cube.

This brings up a good point. Is it better to have visible traditional coaster track. (But themed and integrated well. Or big boxes so you see none of the ride but its you know....a big box... GOTG is probably worse imho but there both pretty bad.

I feel like a well themed but visible coaster isnt ugly...slinky dog isnt ugly...the lack of a real indoor que might be but the coaster looks tasteful for the area imho.

The Aracuan Bird

This brings up a good point. Is it better to have visible traditional coaster track. (But themed and integrated well. Or big boxes so you see none of the ride but its you know....a big box... GOTG is probably worse imho but there both pretty bad.

I feel like a well themed but visible coaster isnt ugly...slinky dog isnt ugly...the lack of a real indoor que might be but the coaster looks tasteful for the area imho.
While not necessarily ugly, I can’t honestly think of how to make an exposed track coaster fit the look of Tomorrowland as it currently stands. Maybe semi exposed like the People Mover?

Incomudro

Tron.

View attachment 559628Not to mention how well themed the raptor paddock blends in with the land:
View attachment 559630

View attachment 559631

Completely disagree, and you used an image of Tron - from what will be it's worst angle while still under construction to illustrate your point.
Tron is going to be the most beautiful thing in Tommorowland, which is greatly in need of something to bring it up to speed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom