News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Kman101

I get the appeal it has to people of all ages, but the track is lackluster, I don't think anyone can really deny that (not to mention it's pretty much over before it starts lol ... maybe a bit hyperbolic but close to the truth).

I imagine even just a Christmas overlay (likely left over Obsorne displays and lighted trees) will make it 100x better ... I'm not advocating Disneyland remove Autopia but Tomorrowland Speedway is not what it could/should be and it's on a nice piece of land ...

And that's not even mentioning the exhaust fumes ...

The Pho

Hated Speedway when I was a kid. Steering was impossible.
The last time I rode it a couple years ago, the steering column on my car got detached entirely and there was nothing I could do but slam back and forth the entire ride. The mid ride watcher started to lecture me when I had to explain this to him.

Even after that though, the pedal is the worst part.

Monorail_Red_77

The last time I rode it a couple years ago, the steering column on my car got detached entirely and there was nothing I could do but slam back and forth the entire ride. The mid ride watcher started to lecture me when I had to explain this to him.

Even after that though, the pedal is the worst part.
A few years back I actually saw a woman coming back to unload on the Speedway and the car jumped the track rail. Took several CM’s to get it back on the track. I always worry about that when riding with the kids and the car is banging back and forth on the rail while out on the track. LOL

The Pho

A few years back I actually saw a woman coming back to unload on the Speedway and the car jumped the track rail. Took several CM’s to get it back on the track. I always worry about that when riding with the kids and the car is banging back and forth on the rail while out on the track. LOL
That worry is where the fun comes from!

tribbleorlfl

I still remember going on one time with my son when he was younger and right after the first turn coming from the starting line, there was actually a gap in the track in front of us! It was right around the garage area, so I'm assuming they must have added (or taken off) a car but forgot to raise the track back up.

Suffice it to say, I had a heck of a time trying to keep the steering wheel straight while he was doing his best to make it a true go kart experience!

Rich Brownn

I still remember going on one time with my son when he was younger and right after the first turn coming from the starting line, there was actually a gap in the track in front of us! It was right around the garage area, so I'm assuming they must have added (or taken off) a car but forgot to raise the track back up.

Suffice it to say, I had a heck of a time trying to keep the steering wheel straight while he was doing his best to make it a true go kart experience!
Ugh, I remember having to lift those cars to put them back on the track - usually by myself... Worst job ever

tribbleorlfl

Ugh, I remember having to lift those cars to put them back on the track - usually by myself... Worst job ever
I believe that. They probably weigh a good 100#, right? Is the gap in the track a newer thing and installed to avoid the manual strain you described? This was maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

Touchdown

Technically, due to the roller coaster hill drop on Splash you could make the argument that is a coaster as well. I don’t but you could...

Touchdown

And since the Liberty Belle is on a track I’d bet it’s also a rollercoaster.

To be a roller coaster you must:
1. Move on a track
2. Have at least one portion that is controlled solely by gravity for a downward and upward portion.

The liberty bell is powered throughout therefore not a coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom