News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MrPromey

The Primeval World diorama is part of the rather large Old Admin building, so that’s also worth keeping in mind. Here’s Tokyo’s primeval world diorama:

View attachment 349748

Personally, I’ll pass. I’m a California local so I love the dioramas, but my favorite part of the Walt Disney World Railroad AND the approach to the Magic Kingdom is the vista on the railroad tracks, on that peaceful grassy embankment in between Tomorrowland and Seven Seas Lagoon. That is one MK-specific feature that gives me the warm fuzzies.

Is Tokyo's set up like Disneyland's train or Magic Kingdoms? For those who don't know what I'm talking about. The railroad at Animal kingdom is set up more like Disneyland's where you as guests only see out of one side and they don't need to worry about perimeter sight-lines.

Thinking that in general, the diorama would have less impact in MK if only about half the people on the train had an ideal view and unless they needed to hide another less magical view outside of it, I can't imagine them adding something like that to MK's train at this point. What they did with Splash Moutain was cool but that was in part out of necessity and that scene and show space weren't built specifically for the train, obviously.

MrPromey

The bigger problem is it is not just shrubs and trees...you can see roads and buildings back there too... The scenery along the railroad really needs to be stepped up... As soon as the train passes the station and heads into Adventureland there should be specific settings to clearly delineate each of the lands...Settings for Fronteirland ( they have a few things) and more for the area between Frontierland and Fantasyland...Flora Fauna and Merryweather's cottage could be tucked into the woods... Cinderella's Stepmother's house could be there...Pixie Hollow.... The swampy retention pond back there coulsd be dressed up as the swamps from Princess and the Frog...so many things could be done...then futuristic set pieces as it heads into tomorrowland... Make the train a real Must See circuit....and all that could be done without a massive show building, just architectural set pieces and some basic animatronics... and beautifully lit for night.

Now if only there were some downtime with the trains where they could work on adding this stuff without having to close the trains to do it or have weird unappealing sight issues as the trains pass by the work or pardon-our-dust walls.

... Oh wait... ;)

DonaldDoleWhip

Space needs a new track whenever it next has an extended refurbishment. It’s already rough enough that I choose not to ride it anymore, and next to Tron it feels like garbage.

Purduevian

Why is it not called tron Mountain , like the rest of the coasters . Now we need a new film, to go with tron Mountain . Cant wait to scale this new mountain . On my bike”
Thunder Mountain- Coaster
Space Mountain- Coaster
Splash Mountain - Not a Coaster
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - Not a Mountain
Barnstormer - Not a Mountain
Not sure it deserves to be called a mountain without a large mountain time thing in or around it

Hopefully when Tron goes live, Space goes down and gets a proper refurb.

I feel like this is a fan theory that never happens with these kinda projects. Kinda like how everyone though Everest could go down for a refurb and get the yeti fixed once Pandora came online. I hope it happens, but I'm not sure Disney has ever shown this tendency.

tparris

I feel like this is a fan theory that never happens with these kinda projects. Kinda like how everyone though Everest could go down for a refurb and get the yeti fixed once Pandora came online. I hope it happens, but I'm not sure Disney has ever shown this tendency.
Well the yeti isn’t as big of an issue as SM. It doesn’t affect the actual experience of the ride. SM desperately needs a retracting, among other things. I was kinda surprised when they redid the exit last year because I would think if they are going to do a proper refurb they should gut the whole building (at least the track) and start from there. Not to mention all the missing effects and burned-out projectors. It’s seen better days.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Well the yeti isn’t as big of an issue as SM. It doesn’t affect the actual experience of the ride. SM desperately needs a retracting, among other things. I was kinda surprised when they redid the exit last year because I would think if they are going to do a proper refurb they should gut the whole building (at least the track) and start from there. Not to mention all the missing effects and burned-out projectors. It’s seen better days.

If you think the yeti not being functional is a minor issue, you clearly never experienced it in a mode. The yeti is the centerpiece and payoff to the ride! In current condition, the silhouette projection has more life than the yeti which is supposed to be terrifying. Not saying SM doesn’t need a refurb but the yeti not working is a glaring multi million dollar issue. Not to mention the AA was the focus of every hype video for the attraction prior to opening.

tparris

If you think the yeti not being functional is a minor issue, you clearly never experienced it in a mode. The yeti is the centerpiece and payoff to the ride! In current condition, the silhouette projection has more life than the yeti which is supposed to be terrifying. Not saying SM doesn’t need a refurb but the yeti not working is a glaring multi million dollar issue. Not to mention the AA was the focus of every hype video for the attraction prior to opening.
Oh I know the Yeti is a big deal. I never experienced it myself, but I’ve seen plenty of footage. I was just talking about how the physical experience of SM is being muted (constant braking, rough ride, etc.) and desperately needs help. I would love to see the Yeti fixed though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom