News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Oh I know the Yeti is a big deal. I never experienced it myself, but I’ve seen plenty of footage. I was just talking about how the physical experience of SM is being muted (constant braking, rough ride, etc.) and desperately needs help. I would love to see the Yeti fixed though!

Unfortunately rode a few times before it broke. It was awesome! For what it’s worth, close your eyes on SM... it’s better ride! Don’t mean that sarcastically either. Rode in blackout during MNSSHP and the experience of the ride itself was more enjoyable. That said, the ride needs an overhaul which will be intriguing now with SM 1 & 2.0 next to each other.

CaptainAmerica

If you think the yeti not being functional is a minor issue, you clearly never experienced it in a mode. The yeti is the centerpiece and payoff to the ride! In current condition, the silhouette projection has more life than the yeti which is supposed to be terrifying. Not saying SM doesn’t need a refurb but the yeti not working is a glaring multi million dollar issue. Not to mention the AA was the focus of every hype video for the attraction prior to opening.
It's not glaring. People who don't post on boards like this don't notice a thing. At all. It's too fast to notice anything unless you're looking for it, unlike something like Small World, when you have time to inspect every effect.

Mike S

It's not glaring. People who don't post on boards like this don't notice a thing. At all. It's too fast to notice anything unless you're looking for it, unlike something like Small World, when you have time to inspect every effect.
It is more than enough time to notice if it’s moving under the right conditions (not pitch black, no strobe). There was a recent ride I had where even though the Yeti still wasn’t working the rooms full show lighting was on. You are in there for plenty of time to take it in. The strobe makes it seem shorter than it is.

eddie104

Also for some of these rides...people are riding for the first time so they would have no clue if a effect is missing or AA is not working properly unless they saw it on Youtube or something.

IMDREW

Also for some of these rides...people are riding for the first time so they would have no clue if a effect is missing or AA is not working properly unless they saw it on Youtube or something.
Some people will not even notice a Yeti being there at all. I took my family for the first time and asked them about it after the breaks. They hadn't even noticed the Yeti cause they didn't know to look up. This was in the strobe-era.

Purduevian

Well the yeti isn’t as big of an issue as SM. It doesn’t affect the actual experience of the ride. SM desperately needs a retracting, among other things. I was kinda surprised when they redid the exit last year because I would think if they are going to do a proper refurb they should gut the whole building (at least the track) and start from there. Not to mention all the missing effects and burned-out projectors. It’s seen better days.

From a TDO experience, if its not broken, why fix it? People still line up hours for Space Mountain. Where is the return on investment to fixing these issues? Will a new track draw people to WDW? Will people be more likely to return if their SM adventure is smoother? Or will people be more likely to come/come back if the money is spent on a new attraction or improving other things in Tomorrowland such as peoplemover effects, putting something in Stitch, updating the COP last scene, new Speedway cars, or updating the visuals of Tomorrowland.

I 100% wish TDO didn't think like this and would give SM a proper refurbishment, but at the end of the day I just don't see it happening unless:
1)There is a safety issue
2)They can market it as more than just a refresh
3)Space Mountain becomes unpopular and they need to breath more life into it
4)There is a change in leadership where keeping attractions pristine and up to date is more valuable than ROI

Unfortunately only option 3 has any chance of happening due to tron.

rle4lunch

From a TDO experience, if its not broken, why fix it? People still line up hours for Space Mountain. Where is the return on investment to fixing these issues? Will a new track draw people to WDW? Will people be more likely to return if their SM adventure is smoother? Or will people be more likely to come/come back if the money is spent on a new attraction or improving other things in Tomorrowland such as peoplemover effects, putting something in Stitch, updating the COP last scene, new Speedway cars, or updating the visuals of Tomorrowland.

I 100% wish TDO didn't think like this and would give SM a proper refurbishment, but at the end of the day I just don't see it happening unless:
1)There is a safety issue
2)They can market it as more than just a refresh
3)Space Mountain becomes unpopular and they need to breath more life into it
4)There is a change in leadership where keeping attractions pristine and up to date is more valuable than ROI

Unfortunately only option 3 has any chance of happening due to tron.

I dunno, if anything I think people without a FP that are jumping ship from a 200 minute wait for Tron will probably go queue up right next door.

EricsBiscuit

From today

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom