News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Biff215

So Martin has said in the Fox thread that cuts in park investments were possible if and when that deal goes through. Is there any concern that Tron could be in jeopardy? Of course they have started prepping the site, but it doesn’t seem far along yet to feel completely confident in it going forward. Could the slow pace be purposeful?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So Martin has said in the Fox thread that cuts in park investments were possible if and when that deal goes through. Is there any concern that Tron could be in jeopardy? Of course they have started prepping the site, but it doesn’t seem far along yet to feel completely confident in it going forward. Could the slow pace be purposeful?
Tron will happen. Budgets are a concern (same for Guardians)

No Name

There would be relief not concern.

Biff215

There would be relief not concern.
You don’t think MK needs a new E-ticket and capacity? We already lost the theater. If Tron didn’t happen, I’m not sure we’d get anything else for yet another decade, so I’ll take it at this point, especially if it means SM can get some much needed attention once it’s open (wishful thinking I know).

EricsBiscuit

Here's from the SM exit. Btw the view of the steam trains is fantastic!
IMG_5842.JPG
IMG_5844.JPG
IMG_5846.JPG

Rodan75

why does it seem like Tron is the slowest moving project currently underway. And no, I'm not trying to trigger a WDI takes forever discussion again. It is a given that Disney smooths out CapEx costs across all of WDW and that projects are managed in a linear fashion.

But it seems odd that we don't have any concrete laid for this project yet. It feels like they've been clearing land for 6 months?

EricsBiscuit

why does it seem like Tron is the slowest moving project currently underway. And no, I'm not trying to trigger a WDI takes forever discussion again. It is a given that Disney smooths out CapEx costs across all of WDW and that projects are managed in a linear fashion.

But it seems odd that we don't have any concrete laid for this project yet. It feels like they've been clearing land for 6 months?
Because there are very strict building codes in The Grid of course!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom