News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
why does it seem like Tron is the slowest moving project currently underway.

Preparing the land there takes a lot more time there compared to other areas? And they are going with a pre-determined pace for when this attraction should be ready, while focusing on other areas that are more urgent? Just spit-balling, no inside information.

lazyboy97o

why does it seem like Tron is the slowest moving project currently underway. And no, I'm not trying to trigger a WDI takes forever discussion again. It is a given that Disney smooths out CapEx costs across all of WDW and that projects are managed in a linear fashion.

But it seems odd that we don't have any concrete laid for this project yet. It feels like they've been clearing land for 6 months?
The design work isn’t done yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
why does it seem like Tron is the slowest moving project currently underway. And no, I'm not trying to trigger a WDI takes forever discussion again. It is a given that Disney smooths out CapEx costs across all of WDW and that projects are managed in a linear fashion.

But it seems odd that we don't have any concrete laid for this project yet. It feels like they've been clearing land for 6 months?
The design work isn’t done yet.

And they just recently decided to move the canal in the latest permit compared to the original. That's a lot of dirt moving and water containment issues.

Rodan75

And they just recently decided to move the canal in the latest permit compared to the original. That's a lot of dirt moving and water containment issues.

That is fair. I had assumed much of that work was completed by now. I'm assuming once this thing really starts it is going to move fairly quickly for a build.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
is possible that they are also prepping the width of the canal for future firework rafts for epcot. i know the new rafts are suppose to be quite wide. Just in case those need to be moved by MK for any reason.

By the permit blueprints, I don't see any widening.

I've also never heard of any possibility of MK using fireworks barges.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
yea i dont think they would use them for MK, i was just assuming that disney would like to be able to move them to other areas if needed. just guessing tho. i know the Epcot area would need to be widened

Keep in mind that the waterway on which the Epcot fireworks barges are located are a self-contained elevated waterway compared to the local canals.

The local canals are at the swamp level.

The Showcase Lagoon leading to the Crescent Lake (where the Swolphin, Beeyacht, and BoardWalk are) all the way to DHS are surrounded by a built-up land mound. In fact, the waterway from WS to Crescent is a water bridge that goes over the local canal.

So... there is no connecting waterway from where the Epcot barges are to the canals by the MK or to Seven Seas Lagoon.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
Keep in mind that the waterway on which the Epcot fireworks barges are located are a self-contained elevated waterway compared to the local canals.

The local canals are at the swamp level.

The Showcase Lagoon leading to the Crescent Lake (where the Swolphin, Beeyacht, and BoardWalk are) all the way to DHS are surrounded by a built-up land mound. In fact, the waterway from WS to Crescent is a water bridge that goes over the local canal.

So... there is no connecting waterway from where the Epcot barges are to the canals by the MK or to Seven Seas Lagoon.
ah, forgot about that. thx for clarifying that

po1998

I had the opportunity to ride this launch coaster in the spring at SeaWorld San Antonio(this is not my video).

I found it to be much more "thrilling" than I thought it would be. It might be hard to compare just from the video, but anyone have any thoughts as to how this stacks up against Tron(not from a theme perspective, just the ride)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom