News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I have to wonder... Did some of the current WDI engineers get their designing degree from RCTU (Roller Coaster Tycoon University :hilarious: ) ? Plop stuff down on open land, don't care if it fits the theme of the surrounding area, clone clone clone, and no care about cost because "it's not real money anyway".

EricsBiscuit

Kind of off topic but Splash Mountain is really like a classic Marc Davis attraction. Makes sense since TB is his prodigy.

Anyways, TSI has a whole unused area behind the Fort. It would be cool if in that 3/4 of the 2nd island they added like a pony express simulator. Hahaha never gonna happen but fun to think about. Even though, one of the original plans for MK's FL was a horse simulator attraction.

No Name

To each their own. Why is it a bad idea? Because you've designated yourself some theme expert?

You guys spend too much time hating things because of principle, because of the cost spent ... to each their own though. Do you.

What on earth does going through the grid have to with DHS? Because TRON had a feature film attached to it? I don't think every movie IP should be shoved into DHS just because it was a movie. I don't think TRON or even FROZEN "fit" the studio parks. Just because they were a movie? That's no different than saying Indy fits Animal Kingdom or Frozen fits Norway.

Whoa hey there! Where on earth did I say I'd rather see it go in DHS?
I've wrote a ton in this thread about why the current plan is not the best idea. For an addition, it carries an awful lot of subtractions. Your stabs are endearing but theme is the least of the problems here.

I think it’s the typical dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. If they dulldozed Space mountain for Tron, the world would go crazy. But build it in underused land and then SM looks old and dated. They can’t win.

Why are those the only two choices? When they decided to add a new thrill ride near Thunder Mountain, did they build Bomb Cyclone Mountain? No, they went with something very different that doesn't one-up the existing thrill ride. Similarly, there are plenty of thrill rides they could add to Tomorrowland that would be very popular and avoid making SM look old and dated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom