Trip to the World with a First Timer: Sept. 8-12 Pre-Trip & Trip Report

so exactly two weeks from today i will be arriving in orlando and beginning my vacation in walt disney world! :sohappy:

this trip is more exciting than usual for me because i am going with my best friend from college and former roommate, maggie. we both graduated in 2008 from elon university (woo!). after graduation, i stayed in nc and maggie moved back to her home state of georgia. since graduating we have only seen each other once :cry: and that was actually just this past may when she returned to nc to see her brother graduate from elon.

maggie_me.jpg

maggie and ashley (that's me) from the glory days of college. ahh...it's only been two years since graduating and i already miss it. good times.

so back in march maggie had mentioned that some of her friends had just returned from a vacation in wdw and they loved it. she has never been and she knows how much i love it so she asked if i would want to go with her and show her the world! ummm...did she really have to ask the question?! :lol: so immediately i kicked it into planning mode and we decided to go in september for value season and low crowds.

first we had to decide where we wanted to stay. maggie and i are both pretty frugal (i hate that word. let's say financially responsible instead) so i thought that maybe the values would be a definite for us. i had also suggested maybe doing a moderate or staying at the wilderness lodge since it is on the lower end price wise out of the deluxes. i was very pleased when maggie said she wanted to do her first trip right and we would splurge and stay at the wilderness lodge! i have never stayed here before so i am very excited to see what it's like. i also suggested that doing the dining plan might be a good idea and maggie was on board! (i love planning for someone who is so open to suggestion!) i figured that there would either be a room discount or free dining coming out after we booked the trip and sure enough, free dining came out for disney visa card holders (that would be me :D) and we got free dining. a financially responsible person's dream come true!

since this is maggie's first trip to the world, i decided to make her a "first timers guide to walt disney world" i put together a binder with information including the wdw planning dvd, free park maps, menus for the restaurants we would be eating at/considering eating at, disney trivia, park hours and a pair of minnie mouse ears! on her visit in may, we went over her binder and i showed her some shows i had on the dvr that were in wdw.

so now you know the planning process of how our trip came to be. now, on to the scheduled itinerary!

wednesday september 8th - arrival day
9:10am - i arrive at mco
9:20am - maggie arrives at mco (very nice planning!)
then we board the dme and head to the wl!
once we arrive we will have lunch at roaring fork, check out the room, hang out by the pool (weather permitting), check out the resort, etc.
3:00pm - head over to mk for our first park of the trip
TBD - dinner at a QS location TBD
9:00pm - watch wishes
head back to the resort after wishes

thursday september 9th - epcot and dhs
7:45am - head to epcot
11:30am - lunch at tutto italia for our first table service meal
1:00pm - head back to the wl for time by the pool, to relax, nap, etc.
4:00pm - head to dhs
5:50pm - dinner at sci fi dine in theater for the must see, amazing atmosphere this place has
8:30pm - see fantasmic!
head back to the wl after fantasmic!

friday september 10th - ak and epcot
7:30am - head to ak
TBD - grab breakfast at a QS TBD
1:10pm - head back to wl to get ready for dinner tonight
3:15pm - head to epcot
4:15pm - dinner at le cellier! (i have never been so i am interested to see if it lives up to the hype)
9:00pm - illuminations and then emh begin
12:00am - park closes, head back to the wl

saturday september 11th - dhs and mk
6:50am - head to dhs for morning emh
12:30pm - lunch at a QS TBD
1:30pm - head over to mk
3:00pm - watch the parade
7:00pm - head over to the contemporary for dinner
7:35pm - dinner at the wave
then show maggie the monorail resorts after dinner

sunday september 12th - dtd and departure day :cry:
8:30am - head to dtd
TBD - lunch at earl of sandwich
12:00pm - head back to wl then wait for dme to take us back to the airport
5:00pm - ashley departs from mco
5:30pm - maggie departs from mco

i am so excited for this trip and to experience seeing wdw with someone who has never been! i know i need to slow down from my normal pace and let maggie enjoy all the small things that make wdw so wonderful. its crazy, but i actually hope we have some wait times for attractions so she can see all the cool details that go into the queue.

i will be taking a ton of pictures while there and will try to post my trip report shortly after returning. thanks for reading!

TakeMeThere81

IMG_6779.jpg

maggie got the wilderness salad and a rice crispy treat. she said her salad was really good. you will notice that she ate way healthier than i did on this trip at about every restaurant.

IMG_6781.jpg

YUM!!! Great food pictures and WL pictures!! So glad you go to stay there!!

IMG_6818.jpg

^^^^^^Wow pretty girls!! You two look like a lot of fun to do Disney with!!

it was so funny because a little boy told crush that his favorite part was when the whale comes and crush asked “dude, are you psychic?” :lol: its just so cute how crush interacts with the kids and with their parents.

That's so great!! I always love Crush's facial expressions too!!

GREAT trip report so far!! I'm just coming up to your AK day but gotta run! Can't wait to finish up the next installment!:sohappy::sohappy:

KnK

Love the WL. You've made me homesick for it and it's been less than a week since I left.:ROFLOL:

We always bring home a stuffed animal for the dog. Guido has a might collection, some more worn than others. He likes to be surrounded by his 'babies' at night. There are always about 4 in bed with us by the morning.

sweetpee_1993

Okay. Yet another report I'm late to join! Ugh! Where has my brain been??? So here I am....fashionably late...again!

Great pics of WL! I especially love your patio pics. Makes me wanna veg out there and soak in the view. I'm now almost regretting changing our reservation for upcoming trip from the WL to POFQ & Beach Club.

When I was a kid, I sooooo daydreamed about playing "house" and/or spending the night in the treehouse. I wanted to so bad. The little "rooms" are so cool.

we then made our way to fantasyland. and i gotta say, i was really disappointed at all the construction. i know its for the betterment of the park, but it was maggie's first visit and the construction really took away from the magic of fantasyland. but oh well. we still enjoyed ourselves!

IMG_6862.jpg

and i just have to mention this. while waiting in line for snow white, this little girl behind me who was probably 3 years old, kept touching my butt. i just kept thinking, "hello, mother back there. do you think you could tell your child to stop touching my butt" :lookaroun :lol: it drives me crazy when parents don't pay attention to their children. this mother was oblivious. i'm not a mom so i don't know what its like, but i would hope that i wouldn't let my child touch random strangers. :lol:

I totally feel ya on the state of refurb/construction in FL. Logically, your brain **knows** it's for a better tomorrow in our happy place...but it's hard to get past the s__________ess of the moment with all the walls and mess today. I fully expect that I will be sad with this, too.

I hear ya about the kid touching your butt in line. I used to be afraid I went overboard with the boys watching them like a hawk so they wouldn't intrude upon others' personal spaces. It's aggravating to me, too. I know over the years we've prob'ly corrected them a thousand times to back up a little and give that person in front of them some breathing room. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

i got the cheeseburger, fries and the carrot cake. mmmm...everything was sooooo good! :slurp: i was so happy that the carrot cake was really good!

IMG_6883.jpg

maggie got the bbq pork sandwich, apple slices and strawberry yogurt. apple slices and strawberry yogurt?! nothing wrong with those choices but did maggie have to be so healthy while i pigged out on a burger, fries and carrot cake. :lol:

IMG_6884.jpg

I have no idea why, but we've never eaten at Pecos Bill's. Strange. I hear lots of people rave about it. I guess I should add it to the list of stuff to try.

IMG_6905.jpg

after wishes, we decided to hang out a little while and let the crowds die down at the ferry back to the wl. so we took some pictures around the castle and then walked in and out of the shops on main street.

IMG_6914.jpg

i absolutely LOVE these little guys! how cute? i might just have to buy one on my next trip! the dumbo is my favorite.

IMG_6922.jpg

For me, Wishes captures what Disney is all about. I love it. And I always get weepy when the little kid does the singing all by his/her-self. That little voice just floors me. It's like it's my own inner-child singing for all the world to hear. **sniffle sniffle**

I've never been able to get Tracey to hang out at a park after it closed to let the herd move on and soak up the ambiance. He's such an early to bed/early to rise guy. It makes me, the night owl, crazy sometimes. Next trip I'm gonna send my little sleeping beauty on ahead to bed while I stay as late as my heart desires!

The little plushies are Pookalooz! They're so cute and soft and cuddly. I love them but I'm doing everything I can to resist their charms. The LAST thing I need is to start collecting another dolly/plushie! LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Day 2: EPCOT and Hollywood Studios

IMG_6937.jpg

IMG_6938.jpg

and we continued to wait. we saw 2 buses for the magic kingdom and 2 hollywood studios buses, but there were no epcot buses. finally our bus showed up after about 15 minutes of waiting. not too bad of a wait time but it just stinks when you see every other bus come and go and the one you are waiting on is nowhere to be found.

and we stopped to say hello to daisy on our way in!

IMG_6943.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

IMG_6951.jpg

Ugh! Bus waits! I know! It is totally frustrating even if it is a short wait when you see 2 buses for every other destination before you get one for yours. I think it's the let down. You see a bus approaching and get your hopes up just to see that it's not for you. These are the moments where I have to remind the boys at least once or twice: Complaining doesn't help at all...it only makes everyone around you that much more miserable. :cool:

Loooove Daisy!

Great Test Track pics!

Your Seas pics are awesome! My fave is the one above. Great capture with the wave crashing!

sweetpee_1993

IMG_7008.jpg

when the preshow video came on and announced that captain eo was made in ’86, i just laughed because the show is as old as i am. :lol: and you gotta love the awesomeness of the 80s in that preshow video! so we went in to see the show and….i LOVED it! :ROFLOL: captain eo is the most HILARIOUS thing i think i have seen in a long time. i just kept laughing during the whole thing! i know its not supposed to be a comedy but every time mj did one of his dance moves and changed those trash people into brightly colored background dancers, i almost lost it. HILARIOUS! and that song! i was singing it for the rest of the afternoon and just laughing! :lol: i really hope they keep it around for awhile because i can’t wait to see it again!

I totally saw EO back in the day as a teen. At the time my sibs & thought it was lame-O to the utmost. We couldn't get outta there fast enough. I admit, I was one who is/was thoroughly aggravated at the circumstances that it's been brought back under. It wouldn't be playing again unless MJ hadn't died and it just feels wrong to watch Disney cash on in someone's popularity because they died. If the kids want to see it I think I'd sit through EO again tho. At least I might get some laughs at the 80s nostalgia and cheesiness. I'm always up for a good laugh. So thanks for the perspective there. LOL!

I totally love the Sci-Fi decor. It's just that awesome. But as I was looking at your pics and reading your commentary I was left wondering if you've ever been to a drive-in movie. Seriously. I know my sons haven't even tho there's one a couple hours from here near Tracey's uncle's house. I remember going to them when I was really little. We'd go in our jammies and take big brown paper sacks full of popcorn we made at home. We'd go to double-features (I remember seeing Clint Eastwood in 'Every Which Way but Loose' and 'Every Which Way You Can'). It was cheap entertainment for a blended family of 7. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

IMG_7087.jpg

ugh. i cannot tell you how much i hate waiting in these types of lines! it was awful.

IMG_7089.jpg

My aunt totally loves Fantasmic. We've only seen it once...4 years ago. Your wait sounded like absolute h-e-double-hockey-sticks! I guess this is why we've only seen it the one time. I don't even really remember that much about it (guess it wasn't so memorable) other than feeling disappointed. I think I thought it was gonna be some mind-blowing thing like Illuminations or Wishes but I just didn't get that. So, with the limited showings and the lines being like they are, I don't see it being something we do again anytime soon. Just not worth it. Like camping. It's too much work with not enough fun. Fantasmic is too much misery in nightmare lines with not enough payoff. LOL!

IMG_7157.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

and you can see that there really weren't many people there.

IMG_7163.jpg

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7171.jpg

Your early AK pics are awesome! I loved them! Those are the best pics to get...early before the crush of people have invaded the space.

sweetpee_1993

IMG_7295.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

maggie really enjoyed this show. she thought it was weird at first to see the people on stage next to the characters they were playing. it is a little hard to get used to. but she really enjoyed it.

I hafta agree with Maggie. The first time I saw the Nemo show at first I was a little distracted by seeing the people and the puppets. But then I got used to it. Now I look at it with amazement because those people are singing, acting, AND working the puppets. That's pretty amazing! And the score with all the songs and music is mind-blowing considering Finding Nemo (movie) wasn't a musical. Everything was created for that live show. It's just amazing!

I totally hate the center 2-tops at LeCellier! Tracey & I had one when we ate there during our kidless trip in May '08. I felt like we were sharing a table with our neighbors on both sides. It was sorta weird.

Pretzel bread is like crack. Seriously. The filet is goooood stuff. Those mashed potatos are so freakin' easy to make. Look up the recipe. You can totally impress people when you have company or at holidays and you can be a lousy, non-creative cook like me. It's wonderful. LOL!

well we got there about 40 minutes before illuminations. and wouldn't you know it, about 10 minutes before illuminations, this guy comes and stands right next to me between me and the railing to my left. really guy? then his friend stands behind me and his lower region is basically in my face if i turn around. just wonderful. ugh. so maggie and i stand because we now realize that if we don't we are going to get crushed by people trying to stand literally on top of us. so i stand and the guy behind me has now also moved to my left. and he is touching me. like our legs and arms are touching, that is how close he is to me. well there was no way i was moving. i was there 40 minutes early! so the entire fireworks show, this guy and i look like we are boyfriend and girlfriend. ugh. it was ridiculous. and meanwhile, this family starts creeping up on maggie and the lady's are touching maggie's back. you have got to be kidding me! i don't think people understand that you don't touch people. i hate to have my space invaded and this was just awful! maggie and i just kept looking at each other like, really?! we were trying not to let them bother us but it was so hard not to get angry. so long angry rant over, maggie was able to enjoy illuminations but some of the magic was lost. here are a couple pictures from our vantage point.

IMG_7458.jpg

IMG_7463.jpg

so as soon as illuminations was over, we booked it out of there so we could not have people touching us. it was extra magic hours so we went over to test track since it was closest. well i think a lot of people had that idea because it was a 30 minute wait. and a storm was coming so as we are waiting to go into the briefing room, they announce that the ride may be shut down at any time. ugh. luckily we managed to ride but it did take us about 35 minutes.

after test track we made our way over to soarin where we knew we would have to suck it up and wait in a long line. it said it would be a 35 minute wait but we thought that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. well the wait turned out to really be 45 minutes. awesome. :lol: so we flew over california and then we were pretty much ready to call it a night.

I hate it when people crowd you after waiting all that time for Illuminations. We've had that experience before, too. When the boys were littler it was more a concern for them to get a good view and not be trampled by big people. We'd camp out in a spot early but spread ourselves and stuff out so they'd have plenty of space between us. As it got closer to time we'd literally make barriers of our bodies so the boys would be okay. Nowadays we don't worry so much. It's one payoff for all the food these boys go thru every day...they're quickly approaching the same size as us so they can stand their ground better. I'm still the grumpy momma bear and watch them like hawks when other people are in close proximity, tho.

Ugh! We've never had good experiences at Epcot evening EMH's. Seriously. Everyone is there for the same attractions. The lines are insane. I'm still curious if it gets better in the last hour or so, if maybe enough people give up and leave like we always seem to. If not, I think I'll skip evening EMH's at Epcot from here on out. Or at least skip Future World for evening EMH's.

today was our last day in the parks :cry: it seems like just yesterday we were arriving in disney and now it was almost time to go home. every trip its the same thing. always goes by too quickly.
IMG_7505.jpg

IMG_7506.jpg

IMG_7510.jpg

Last full days are always the pits in a way. On one hand, you know it's your last full day which is sad as all heck...but then on the other hand you have to constantly remind yourself that you're still there and you can't let the blues take over and squander that last day. Ugh!

I really loathe the TSMM morning stampede but it's like it's a necessary evil. Seriously. Ugh! Hate that your impromptu plan got squashed.

sweetpee_1993

IMG_7540.jpg

the sign says 10 minutes but really its just us walking from the entrance to the loading area.

We've never done morning EMH @ DHS but I think we need to. It looks like it's just wonderful compared to the regular rope-drop days. Lemme go add that to the list.

We never see parades because we're always back at our room napping when they run. I know. Price we pay for being such ninnies. But seriously! I wanna see the parades at least once! I love your pics!

I don't think I've ever noticed this column detail before. Or maybe I just didn't appreciate it. Great pic, tho. Love it! I wish I could spend a whole week just strolling the MK with it empty so I can gaze at every inch of the place and catch all these sweet little gems!

sweetpee_1993

IMG_7662.jpg

this plant in minnie’s house is so cute. she had a lot of cute plants!

IMG_7666.jpg

IMG_7668.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg

IMG_7673.jpg

IMG_7677.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

I'm not one of those people who wishes to protest the removal of Toontown but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gonna miss Mickey & Minnie's houses. I love all the details and whimsey. I especially love Minnie's Daisy plant. So freakin' cute!

And for the big "pack-up" the night before departure. What can I say? It's always the pits. What's worse is when you've stayed out late to sop every last ounce of magic out of the last day then have to tough it out thru the blues and exhaustion to pack up. And having a family to pack up is even worse. I'm always the lone survivor of the big pack-up and end up going to bed hours after the rest of the guys have crashed. Grrrr!!!! I think next trip I'm gonna throw my stuff together and hop in bed without a care in the world. Let 'em pack their own junk for once. Yeah. Riiiiight. Like that will happen. LOL!

Soooooo...I was late to the party but your trip was a fantastic read. Can't wait to hear what Maggie's overall impressions were! Thanks for writing such a great report and sharing all the fun! It was a blast to read!:wave:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
YUM!!! Great food pictures and WL pictures!! So glad you go to stay there!!

GREAT trip report so far!! I'm just coming up to your AK day but gotta run! Can't wait to finish up the next installment!:sohappy::sohappy:

thanks for reading! the wl was great! i really want to stay there again but i want to stay at all the resorts before i start repeating. i might not be able to wait that long to stay there again! :lol:

Love the WL. You've made me homesick for it and it's been less than a week since I left.:ROFLOL:

We always bring home a stuffed animal for the dog. Guido has a might collection, some more worn than others. He likes to be surrounded by his 'babies' at night. There are always about 4 in bed with us by the morning.

it is such a wonderful resort! of course, you have to bring something home for the dog! thanks for reading!

Okay. Yet another report I'm late to join! Ugh! Where has my brain been??? So here I am....fashionably late...again!

don't worry about it! you're not too late :lol:

Great pics of WL! I especially love your patio pics. Makes me wanna veg out there and soak in the view. I'm now almost regretting changing our reservation for upcoming trip from the WL to POFQ & Beach Club.

thanks! it was easy to take pretty pictures of such a beautiful resort. pofq and the bc look like really great resorts too though!

I hear ya about the kid touching your butt in line. I used to be afraid I went overboard with the boys watching them like a hawk so they wouldn't intrude upon others' personal spaces. It's aggravating to me, too. I know over the years we've prob'ly corrected them a thousand times to back up a little and give that person in front of them some breathing room. LOL!

you sound like a great mom! thank you for watching your children and not letting them invade a person's space :lol:

I have no idea why, but we've never eaten at Pecos Bill's. Strange. I hear lots of people rave about it. I guess I should add it to the list of stuff to try.

you should really try it. i hadn't eaten there until last sept. it is worth the visit.

I've never been able to get Tracey to hang out at a park after it closed to let the herd move on and soak up the ambiance. He's such an early to bed/early to rise guy. It makes me, the night owl, crazy sometimes. Next trip I'm gonna send my little sleeping beauty on ahead to bed while I stay as late as my heart desires!

another thing def worth doing. this was my first time staying past closing and just hanging out enjoying the park as it began to empty

The little plushies are Pookalooz! They're so cute and soft and cuddly. I love them but I'm doing everything I can to resist their charms. The LAST thing I need is to start collecting another dolly/plushie! LOL!

i really want to get one! but i do have a slightly addictive personality so i don't know if i could stop at buying just one! :lol:

I totally saw EO back in the day as a teen. At the time my sibs & thought it was lame-O to the utmost. We couldn't get outta there fast enough. I admit, I was one who is/was thoroughly aggravated at the circumstances that it's been brought back under. It wouldn't be playing again unless MJ hadn't died and it just feels wrong to watch Disney cash on in someone's popularity because they died. If the kids want to see it I think I'd sit through EO again tho. At least I might get some laughs at the 80s nostalgia and cheesiness. I'm always up for a good laugh. So thanks for the perspective there. LOL!

see eo again. it is so funny! i agree that if he hadn't died, they wouldn't have brought it back. but i don't care why they brought it back. i am just so thankful they did. it was HILARIOUS! :ROFLOL:

Ugh! We've never had good experiences at Epcot evening EMH's. Seriously. Everyone is there for the same attractions. The lines are insane. I'm still curious if it gets better in the last hour or so, if maybe enough people give up and leave like we always seem to. If not, I think I'll skip evening EMH's at Epcot from here on out. Or at least skip Future World for evening EMH's.

yea, i don't think i am going to do emh at night at epcot again. the morning emh are so much better.

We've never done morning EMH @ DHS but I think we need to. It looks like it's just wonderful compared to the regular rope-drop days. Lemme go add that to the list.

another must. it is so much nicer despite the stampede to tsmm

Soooooo...I was late to the party but your trip was a fantastic read. Can't wait to hear what Maggie's overall impressions were! Thanks for writing such a great report and sharing all the fun! It was a blast to read!:wave:

thanks! i still have one more day to write about. i'm working on it now!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Day 5: Last Day :cry:

today was our last day. bummer. i set the alarm for 8:10 thinking that i would be up and sitting out by the pool by 8:30. well i heard my alarm and thought that i hit the sleep timer, but i guess i turned it off. so at 8:54 i finally woke up. :eek: i was so mad that i slept in on my last day but maggie was glad that we did sleep in a little bit.

so we finally got out of bed, put on our bathing suits and were out the door. we stopped by roaring fork to grab some breakfast and refill our mugs. then it was time to lay out by the pool.

IMG_7727.jpg

IMG_7728.jpg

it was another really hot day, so we were in the pool pretty soon after getting out there. while we were in the pool, we saw a line of 7 ducks walk in the pool. they were so cute. they swam in a line across the pool and swam right by us. of course some kids were chasing them throughout the pool. the kids chasing them were annoying, but the ducks were cute. i was bummed i didn't have my camera. luckily, right before we were going back to our room, the ducks returned to the pool!

IMG_7730.jpg

IMG_7732.jpg

so after taking some pictures of the cute ducks, we headed back to the room to shower and finish packing.

IMG_7734.jpg

after we finished packing, we sadly said goodbye to our room. we then dropped our bags off with the bell hop people and took the ferry over to the mk so we could go to the poly for lunch at captain cook's.

the ferry boat driver took our picture but he wouldn't let us wear our sunglasses. annoying. i need my sunglasses! :lol:

IMG_7773.jpg

once we got to the mk, there was a ferry for the gf and the poly waiting there for us. sweet. so we hopped on and everyone else got off at the gf. so we had a boat to ourselves to the poly.

IMG_7777.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
i love this sign on the ferrys.

IMG_7778.jpg

IMG_7779.jpg

IMG_7782.jpg

IMG_7785.jpg

we got to the poly and went inside to captain cook's. it was kind of a crazy set up with the check out counter. it took awhile to pay. a guy in front of me had a family of 5 and he was buying mugs and didn't know what side items he could get. ugh. anyway, we finally paid and found a table inside.

i got the turkey sandwich on multigrain with chips. it was really good. :slurp:

IMG_7788.jpg

maggie got the aloha pork with asian slaw and a yogurt. she really liked her sandwich. remember, she has a thing for sandwiches. :lol:

after lunch, we walked through the lobby and then caught the monorail back to the mk.

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7790.jpg

IMG_7791.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_7793.jpg

i think the poly is so cool. i really want to stay there sometime but its a little pricey for my budget. i even love the trash cans there. so cute.

IMG_7794.jpg

we made it to the mk and it was so sad to say bye. we hopped on the ferry and went back to the mk to wait for the magical express.

it was a wonderful trip! maggie had a great time. on our last day, maggie even mentioned that she wanted to bring her family and plan a trip for them. so i would say it was a pretty successful trip and i got maggie hooked on disney! not as bad as i am about it :lol: but she really liked it. and she took over 1200 pictures! :eek: yikes!

some of her favorite rides were the haunted mansion, toy story midway mania, rock n roller coaster, tower of terror, space mountain, expedition everest and kilimanjaro safaris. pretty much all the major attractions, she loved. maggie said "The only thing i did not like about the trip was our illuminations experience w/ those rude people and the hot hot sweaty weather(mostly for that long line at fantasmic). otherwise, best trip ever!" :lol::D even a first timer gets annoyed at the same thing as us veterans! :lol:

she has decided that on her next trip, she needs to go for at least 7 days and she needs to be on the deluxe dining plan :lol: the girl is smart!

thanks for reading my trip report!! it was almost as fun writing it as it was living it :lol: ok, not quite but it was fun to share my experience. i'll be back at the world in december and i can't wait to go back!

harveyt0206

Wow! You guys really packed a ton of stuff in with only 4 days in the parks. Awesome trip report. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the WL. It is one of my absolute favorite resorts. The atmosphere is great.

Billy6

Awesome report!!! Great pics and details about the experiences you two had...I like being with newbies too, but my experience was with my 5 year old when we went for the first time with her...It makes it all brand new to you...

There was one part of it I wanted to tease you about, as a WDW Vet, you do know you can have your packages/purchases delivered to your resort, right??? :ROFLOL: You said you would have waited to buy things in the resort so you wouldn't have to lug them around the parks...just sayin'..:) I'll put that down to hot and sweatiness irritations from other guests...:animwink:

But excellent report..Have fun next trip...mine is in June!!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Wow! You guys really packed a ton of stuff in with only 4 days in the parks. Awesome trip report. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the WL. It is one of my absolute favorite resorts. The atmosphere is great.

we did do a lot in only 4 days at the parks. it really helped that there were hardly any wait times. i can't say it enough, the wl was wonderful! thanks for reading!

Awesome report!!! Great pics and details about the experiences you two had...I like being with newbies too, but my experience was with my 5 year old when we went for the first time with her...It makes it all brand new to you...

There was one part of it I wanted to tease you about, as a WDW Vet, you do know you can have your packages/purchases delivered to your resort, right??? :ROFLOL: You said you would have waited to buy things in the resort so you wouldn't have to lug them around the parks...just sayin'..:) I'll put that down to hot and sweatiness irritations from other guests...:animwink:

But excellent report..Have fun next trip...mine is in June!!

thanks! :ROFLOL: and yes, i did know that i could send stuff back to the resort gift shop but i didn't even think about it. i bought most of my souvenirs as i was on the way out of the park so it wasn't that hard for me to carry it out of the park and back to the resort. i guess i was just being a little dramatic when i said i had to lug everything around the parks. :lol:

Billy6

Just teasing you...I have found the same thing, as things I would like to buy in the parks, are at the resorts...I was at Kidani Village in June and it was pretty limited in what it offered, and it was all animal/jungle themed...Small in comparison to some gift shops...Jambo was larger and had more variety...not sure how WL was for you....

I am really liking the latest reports by you and blackthidot and disneygirl1..My last trip to WDW was very eventful but in a negitive way(my father had a major medical emergency while there) and I didnt have much of a vacation after that...so these reports take me back a lil....:)

sweetpee_1993

Loved the last installment! That totally was not oversleeping, tho! LOL! Looks like a relaxing final day.

Looking back, y'all did pack a ton into those 4 days. Pretty amazing, really.

So glad Maggie caught on to the magic even if it wasn't quite as much as we all have pumping thru our veins. There really is something for everyone at WDW if they just keep their minds and hearts open to it. Very cool. You did a great job being the tour guide. Kudos to you! :sohappy:

So when you going back and when will we have the next report to read??? :wave::wave:

Disneyfalcon

Yay! I just finished reading. I loved all the pics. I am so glad Maggie liked it! And I'm glad you loved Le Cellier!! It will always be my favorite. You guys really made good use of your time. You went all over!

I hate packing too, but it makes it a little easier when you have another trip planned!!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom