Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

LeighM

Reading that Tuvalu is retiring from trip reports and seeing that Loco is still around got me thinking about other former trip reporters that used to be very active on these boards that I haven't seen for a while. I had to go back and look at my following list. I had been away from the boards for about a year or so because of life and thus missed a lot of developments. Does anyone still keep up with members like prfctlyimprct, Matt and Kelly, Bee, dclfan, blreinsel, Juneau Biscuits, and DisneyGigi? I remember they were still active on the boards before covid, then I was away, and haven't seen them since. Wondering if I missed any other announcements - I see references to another former member who appears to have been banned. Not trying to be stalkerish but it feels like you start to "know" people on the boards after seeing them and their families grow up, have major life events and I was wondering if everyone came out of covid okay.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@Snowy McSnowface Just wondering if you & MrsMcsnowface have had any issues with the storm as Channel Islands had red storm warning?
thankfully nothing too bad for us . Building was a bit wobbly last night but the wind direction moved and it's got better. Just around high tide now and things are still blowing. 🤞 it stays this way. Jersey had it a lot worse.

amjt660

Premium Member
Reading that Tuvalu is retiring from trip reports and seeing that Loco is still around got me thinking about other former trip reporters that used to be very active on these boards that I haven't seen for a while. I had to go back and look at my following list. I had been away from the boards for about a year or so because of life and thus missed a lot of developments. Does anyone still keep up with members like prfctlyimprct, Matt and Kelly, Bee, dclfan, blreinsel, Juneau Biscuits, and DisneyGigi? I remember they were still active on the boards before covid, then I was away, and haven't seen them since. Wondering if I missed any other announcements - I see references to another former member who appears to have been banned. Not trying to be stalkerish but it feels like you start to "know" people on the boards after seeing them and their families grow up, have major life events and I was wondering if everyone came out of covid okay.
I stay in touch with some of those former trip reporters through Instagram

Max

Songbird76

thankfully nothing too bad for us . Building was a bit wobbly last night but the wind direction moved and it's got better. Just around high tide now and things are still blowing. 🤞 it stays this way. Jersey had it a lot worse.
I hope it doesn't get any worse. We drove the kids to school today and already picked E up because she got out early because it's supposed to get worse in the afternoon. It's already really blowy, but not nearly as bad as it's supposed to get in France. France is supposed to get it the worst....they said 200km/h winds. It's only supposed to get up to 110km/h here, and mostly on the west coast. I'm about as far east as it gets in the Netherlands, so we should be ok, but they are recommending people work from home if possible, so DH is home today. How long is it supposed to last?

joshsprincess921

Cam is into the "scary" costumes now.
cam halloween.jpg

I shared this in littleroo's TR, but Cam won 1st place in his 4-H pumpkin contest this year. There were 85 participants, so he was so excited! It made the 3 days of hard work, 5 tubes of Gorilla glue and many prayers all worth it!
chester 2.jpg
chester 1.jpg

And now....Merry Christmas!
startbucks christmas.jpg

Starbucks Christmas flavors started today. I tried the Gingerbread Chai Oatmilk Latte (half sweet) and it was so good!

LeighM

I stay in touch with some of those former trip reporters through Instagram

Max

Blreinsel had a baby last year, and is active on Instagram. I used to follow Matt and Kelly on Instagram as well, but now I’m not seeing their account. 🤔

I keep forgetting that I even have an Instagram account 🤣 I created it years ago for Disney related things, and as an escape from Facebook drama, but then never use it. And happy to hear they had a baby. The last trip report of hers that I actually remember was when they got married.

erstwo

This makes me feel old because I remember the days of the moderators, Marni, aaaaalll the Kingdom Konsultants (especially Disney Falcon and Marie) posting trip reports. Then came the next generation- including Tom Bricker (before he became Tom Bricker / Disney Tourist blog - but his trip report photos were always as fabulous as they are now!)
I left for a while and I missed this whole generation of trip reporters! 😱

LeighM

This makes me feel old because I remember the days of the moderators, Marni, aaaaalll the Kingdom Konsultants (especially Disney Falcon and Marie) posting trip reports. Then came the next generation- including Tom Bricker (before he became Tom Bricker / Disney Tourist blog - but his trip report photos were always as fabulous as they are now!)
I left for a while and I missed this whole generation of trip reporters! 😱

I didn't know Tom Bricker had been a member! That was before I was even into Disney because I started following along with his trip reports between 2012 and 2014. My first trip to WDW as an adult was in 2012 when my now husband took me there on an apology trip lol. I kind of remember Krispy Smore being on the boards before they started their YouTube channel.

meggo819

I didn't know Tom Bricker had been a member! That was before I was even into Disney because I started following along with his trip reports between 2012 and 2014. My first trip to WDW as an adult was in 2012 when my now husband took me there on an apology trip lol. I kind of remember Krispy Smore being on the boards before they started their YouTube channel.
I was just thinking about Tom Bricker’s reports on here too! I remember when he made a fake account to plan his proposal to Sarah lol. And now they’ve got a new baby 😍

erstwo

I was just thinking about Tom Bricker’s reports on here too! I remember when he made a fake account to plan his proposal to Sarah lol. And now they’ve got a new baby 😍
I forgot about that!!
I just remember it was him and then there was another young lady - I looked her up not long ago but can’t remember her user name now, something with Belle in it I think??- who also took amazing photos. It was like she and Tom were in a competition for the best WDW trip report photos and we all got to benefit (even if we were all jealous - that was back in the day when Al the young moms had a DSLR from Costco but none -or very few! - of us knew how to use them!)
There was also a mom from Texas with two boys. She loved the Disney cruises as well. Sweet pea??

LeighM

I always really enjoyed reading his website. It was actually one of his articles about the resorts that made me choose Riverside for our first ever visit. I had seen one of his FB posts about Sarah being pregnant but I haven't seen anything recently. I used to have the Disney YouTube videos on in the background and would listen to them when I couldn't do anything on the computer, which is how I got my Disney fix.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom