Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
View attachment 738868
Nothing to do with cats, but I was cleaning one of my dressers and found this bag. It's probably from the early 2000s. It contained a cassette tape of my brother and I (drunkenly) singing "Love Shack". You used to be able to record yourself singing at a spot in Pleasure Island. Does anyone else remember that?
Just had to say that we still have a few of these bags which I could never get rid of for some reason.

Tiggertoo56

View attachment 738868
Nothing to do with cats, but I was cleaning one of my dressers and found this bag. It's probably from the early 2000s. It contained a cassette tape of my brother and I (drunkenly) singing "Love Shack". You used to be able to record yourself singing at a spot in Pleasure Island. Does anyone else remember that?
Don't recall the spot at Pleasure Island but remember the bags! I think I still have at least one yellow, red and blue one in the house (storing some of my Disney Christmas items).

FutureCEO

Never let me make a decision that causes me to spend money. It took me hours just pick two hotels. And I picked them 3 weeks after I bought my flight :)

My parents would be like why!!! because Disney forces you to book 25 years out but they have booked a hotel in DC a few month out.

One hotel is a day before a train to Bath trip.

And one hotel is in Bath (3 nights). Has a pool and everything for cheap. The only day that killed me was Friday. Think of Disney park tickets but with hotels (and more pay whiplash). I'll be taking a trip to Bristol though. And probably a tour of the Cotswolds? Because I don't want to try to go by public transportation.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Well, due to a cascade of events we will be headed to Disney this coming Saturday!
Gary hasn't been doing so well and totally off the cuff he said a few times since last week that we needed to get a trip to Disney together.
Aleisha and Una were going to come visit us next Wed. from Sac and Seth decided to come up from Orlando to see everyone.
Last night I had a wild idea and asked if they would like a short jaunt to the world in the middle of their week here.
So after much 3 way calling and txting we will be flying to Orlando Sat. the 9th and leaving on the 12th.
Seth has decided since the purpose of his trip home was to see everyone, and we will be there he is just going to stay in Orlando but hopefully will stay with us at the hotel. (He is also going to serve as our Sethber driver!) 🤣
I wasn't able to get 3 nights anywhere through DVC so the first 2 nights will be the Contemporary and the last will be at Baylake.
In about half a day, we have flights, more expensive housing than I was interested in, tickets bought and 2 dining reservations made.
Tusker House breakfast and Chef Mickeys for dinner. (Both chosen because Una likes "Dondald")
I need to find some princess stuff too because she is into that now also!

Wish us luck, I think we are going to need it!
Going Crazy Donald Duck GIF

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Well, due to a cascade of events we will be headed to Disney this coming Saturday!
Gary hasn't been doing so well and totally off the cuff he said a few times since last week that we needed to get a trip to Disney together.
Aleisha and Una were going to come visit us next Wed. from Sac and Seth decided to come up from Orlando to see everyone.
Last night I had a wild idea and asked if they would like a short jaunt to the world in the middle of their week here.
So after much 3 way calling and txting we will be flying to Orlando Sat. the 9th and leaving on the 12th.
Seth has decided since the purpose of his trip home was to see everyone, and we will be there he is just going to stay in Orlando but hopefully will stay with us at the hotel. (He is also going to serve as our Sethber driver!) 🤣
I wasn't able to get 3 nights anywhere through DVC so the first 2 nights will be the Contemporary and the last will be at Baylake.
In about half a day, we have flights, more expensive housing than I was interested in, tickets bought and 2 dining reservations made.
Tusker House breakfast and Chef Mickeys for dinner. (Both chosen because Una likes "Dondald")

You Got This Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

You got this @MickeyCB ! Glad you were able to get everything booked so last minute. Hope you all have fun but especially Gary and Una.

MickeyCB

Original Poster
Maybe Akershus? It’s usually easier to find a reservation there than CRT. Good luck!
I looked but didn't see it as available. Did it open up again? Thanks

How exciting to go to WDW at the last minute. Hope you have a fabulous time especially Gary & Una Sadly we are at Universal then and arrive on the 12th at WDW so just miss you.
We'll be at MK on the 12th before we fly, if you're around please say hello!

Songbird76

Wow! Whirlwind, but yay for Disney!!! I may be a bit late, but I think Akershus might be a good one for princesses. We never went to Cindy's, because Akershus was so much easier to get into and so much cheaper. You still see all the princesses, but it's a lot more reasonable pricing. Hopefully you found something acceptable!!

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw you already did that. Just keep checking. Sometimes people cancel and you can scoop it up.

TheMouseFan

We are probably going to regret this, but we got another addition to the family today! We are hoping she will become best buddies with Harry and they will then leave Flik alone! Logan and his friends came up with Cruella for a name since she is black and white and Owen liked it, so that's what we're going with. We'll probably call her Ella though!
20230913_155805.jpg
20230913_155923.jpg
20230913_164848.jpg
20230913_170534.jpg
20230913_155126.jpg
20230913_155046.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom