Trip Report Readers Chick Chat and Guy Gabbing Thread!

MickeyCB

Original Poster
I got surprise Mickey mail today! I have no idea who or where it came from, but I love it and am grateful for someone's thoughtfulness!
20230728_173608.jpg

20230728_173654.jpg

And check out that pattern placement!
It's so wonderful and I agree the front pattern is excellent!
I love the idea of the memorial, it will be beautiful.

Zipadeelady

I had the chance to visit my daughter C this past weekend in the Orlando area. We weren't planning on any Disney parks this time and I let C know I was a little bummed (maybe it's time to get an AP). C decided we would squeeze in a little bit of Disney while I was there without entering the parks.

Since she is an AP holder she drove us to Magic Kingdom to park and then we used the walkway by the TTC to go to the Poly.
IMG_1410.jpeg
IMG_1411.jpeg
IMG_1412.jpeg

We preordered some of the Pan Asian noodles from Capt. Cooks. The last time C and I came here for the noodles they were delicious but this time they were about as appetizing as they look.

IMG_1414.jpeg

Next we did a somewhat controversial thing and headed to the beach to watch Happily Ever After. I've seen a recent picture from Tuvalu of the beach being packed and was hoping it wouldn't be that way this night. Um yep, it was packed. I had read on here about a grassy hill behind the bungalows being a great place to watch the fireworks. We kept walking and found the area. There were two other couples there. We spread out our blanket and enjoyed a fabulous show.

IMG_1416.jpeg
IMG_1417.jpeg
IMG_1419.jpeg
IMG_1421.jpeg
IMG_1423.jpeg
IMG_1424.jpeg

cgersic

Good morning everyone! I'm needing some advice from the cat people on here? My family is getting ready to fly with 3 cats in carriers inside the cabin. There will be 3 cats (each in their own soft side carrier) and 3 people, one of them being my disabled Dad. We are trying to make this flight as stress free as possible for him, so do any of you have any tips for keeping the cats happy/quiet? I have only had dogs and never took them on planes, so I would really appreciate some guidance? Thank you all in advance!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning everyone! I'm needing some advice from the cat people on here? My family is getting ready to fly with 3 cats in carriers inside the cabin. There will be 3 cats (each in their own soft side carrier) and 3 people, one of them being my disabled Dad. We are trying to make this flight as stress free as possible for him, so do any of you have any tips for keeping the cats happy/quiet? I have only had dogs and never took them on planes, so I would really appreciate some guidance? Thank you all in advance!!
Never flew with my cat. Maybe talk to your vet. They might suggest travel ideas. Good luck!

Zipadeelady

C flies home with her cat in the Summer and at Christmas time. Her cat has had accidents so she puts a puppy pad on the bottom of the carrier to help with that. She talked with her vet and got a sedative the last time she came home and he didn't have an accident and wasn't as "loud" as previous times so she is going to do that from now on. Your family will have to take the cat out of the carrier and hold them during TSA. So defiantly have them get a collar and leash incase the cat gets out of their arms. The pet areas in airports seem useless for cats since it's only fake grass. Also, if they have a pet carrier they can't have a personal item. At least with Allegiant leaving out of Sanford. Hope this helps.

TheMouseFan

Everything @Zipadeelady said! Gabapentin is the sedative I usually choose for traveling cats.

cgersic

@Zipadeelady Thank you!! The vet hasn't been much help since the cats haven't seen them much over the years, so getting anything from them isn't going to happen. I've been researching calming cat chews and was wondering if anyone here has used them? The cats aren't used to being in carriers, so it's the meowing we're hoping to keep under control. Thanks as always!

@TheMouseFan I just saw your reply come in as I was posting the above for Zip. Since we won't be able to get anything prescription from the vet, do you know of anything over the counter that may work?

TheMouseFan

@Zipadeelady Thank you!! The vet hasn't been much help since the cats haven't seen them much over the years, so getting anything from them isn't going to happen. I've been researching calming cat chews and was wondering if anyone here has used them? The cats aren't used to being in carriers, so it's the meowing we're hoping to keep under control. Thanks as always!

@TheMouseFan I just saw your reply come in as I was posting the above for Zip. Since we won't be able to get anything prescription from the vet, do you know of anything over the counter that may work?
You could try Zylkene or Composure Pro. They are anxiety/calming supplements. Zylkene is a capsule you can open over canned food and Composure Pro is a chewable treat. They may or may not help.

cgersic

You could try Zylkene or Composure Pro. They are anxiety/calming supplements. Zylkene is a capsule you can open over canned food and Composure Pro is a chewable treat. They may or may not help.
Excellent! I'll check them out. Thank you and I'm hoping the return to school has gone well for everyone!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Excellent! I'll check them out. Thank you and I'm hoping the return to school has gone well for everyone!

I don't know too much about cats but you said that they aren't used to their carriers? Is there anytime before you travel that you could get them more comfortable being in the carriers? Like they go in for 10 minutes, get a treat & some free time and keep increasing time?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I don't know too much about cats but you said that they aren't used to their carriers? Is there anytime before you travel that you could get them more comfortable being in the carriers? Like they go in for 10 minutes, get a treat & some free time and keep increasing time?

While I think this is a good idea, cats are weirdos. Mine HATE the carrier when they have to be brought somewhere. But they LOVE when I leave the carriers out so they can go snooze in them at will. But I agree, it is still worth trying to get them more used to the carriers.

cgersic

Hiya! We are doing that, I just mean historically, they have not done any travelling in them. They don't seem to mind the carriers so much, I'm just worried about them meowing and bothering other passengers. You all are sooo helpful on here and I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

cgersic

You're welcome! A few snafus trying to get Logan moved into his rental house in Iowa, but other than the typical grumbling that the summer is over, it has been pretty smooth!
My family is relocating to Cedar Rapids after losing everything in Hurricane Ian, so maybe we'll catch up in Iowa some day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom