Trespassing third parties

denyuntilcaught

I’m pretty sure Disney can’t just ask someone to leave for no reason. The “commercial activity” thing is a bit of a stretch - they could trespass Tom Bricker for that if they wanted to.

I’m guessing it’s b - and yes it’s quite concerning.
Disagree, it's not b. Disney has plenty of smart people working for it (may not be the most creative folks, but they're smart). The business justification outweighed the optics, and I bet Disney's PR team also knew most of the gen pop WON'T take the side of the person running an unlicensed business on their property.

phillip9698

Yes, If Disney allowed other hot dog vendors as long as they sold 10 or more hot dogs at a time. Lol.

Do you honestly not see the difference between

A) A group rate has been established with Disney to support hundreds if not thousands of people who would like to visit the resorts, parks, and restaurants. These people have someone who is in charge of handling these preparations and guiding them through the process.

B) I am a tour guide who will give anyone a private tour without Disney's approval as long as they pay me $300 an hour, oh by the way let me remind you thats a 33% discount from the rate Disney charges for tours and I also abuse the handicapped system to allow you to skip the lines.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Yes if? Are you unaware that there are third parties selling food at Walt Disney World right now?
I’ve worked 3rd party for Disney (not food though - thankfully) - yes I’m aware. I wouldn’t call all the tour operators that buy group tickets 3rd party though.
I'm assuming you're arguing in bad faith, as surely no one can be this obtuse to not understand the difference between someone offering a service after it was approved by the company versus someone trying to sell it without approval
I never said there was no difference. I said it gets a little tricky.

I also think it’s unfair to Disney to not warn these people before trespassing them - unless they were abusing systems which there has been no evidence of in these cases.

Splash4eva

Disagree, it's not b. Disney has plenty of smart people working for it (may not be the most creative folks, but they're smart). The business justification outweighed the optics, and I bet Disney's PR team also knew most of the gen pop WON'T take the side of the person running an unlicensed business on their property.
They knew MOST of the Gen Pop did not want Splash to go but here we are mourning one of their best attractions… but i digress ;)

TrainsOfDisney

Many are located in Disney Springs. I'm eating lunch at one on Thursday.

Also 3rd party retailers.
Oh yeah, balloon sales are 3rd party - but that’s completely missing the point.

Tour groups aren’t 3 rd party, they just make group reservations and lead the group around. The only difference is they are booking 10 or more tickets through group sales.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My guess: TDO will come up with a "Third-Party Tourguide License" for $X,XXX a year.

Which isn't a bad idea. Just like Disney authorized travel agents.

But I bet that license will state a minimum per hour fee so as to not undercut Disney's own VIP tours.

AEfx

Do you honestly not see the difference between

A) A group rate has been established with Disney to support hundreds if not thousands of people who would like to visit the resorts, parks, and restaurants. These people have someone who is in charge of handling these preparations and guiding them through the process.

B) I am a tour guide who will give anyone a private tour without Disney's approval as long as they pay me $300 an hour, oh by the way let me remind you thats a 33% discount from the rate Disney charges and I also abuse the handicapped system to allow you to skip the lines.

That's just it - no matter which way you slice it, this was a shady shadow business to begin with, and the people doing it full well knew it. They may have deluded themselves into thinking otherwise, but it's no different than any other shady business you get away with for a time.

Eventually, the jig is up, so hopefully instead of blowing these massive profits they were making on stupid things they really couldn't long-term afford, they stocked away the cash to weather the storm until they find legitimate work. Unfortunately for them, in my experience with people who have "ventures" like this - they often aren't that forward thinking and are going to be selling off the boats and expensive cars they bought for a lot less than they paid for them.

In the end, what seems to have gotten them was the "worse" of the bad apples who pushed this too far, charged way too much and got so bold as to advertise the "discount" they were offering versus Disney's official service. They got cocky. Some of these guys were making thousands of bucks a day with zero overhead and nothing but their time.

When you see how many were doing it, how much they were charging, and often they were doing it - some of these guys were easily making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year each - anyone who expected activity that was potentially costing Disney millions in potential income a year that to continue indefinitely right under the mouse's nose was kidding themselves.

Splash4eva

Are you charging them a per hour fee? Are you physically guiding them through a park?

That's the difference.
There has to be more to why they are being trespassed tho right? Then simply charging a fee imo because in theory cant they simply change wording and say i work on tips or some vague language? There has to be a reason why they doing this now. Possible they looking as others have said/joked providing thie themselves or charging a fee for permission

LAKid53

Premium Member
Oh yeah, balloon sales are 3rd party - but that’s completely missing the point.

Tour groups aren’t 3 rd party, they just make group reservations and lead the group around. The only difference is they are booking 10 or more tickets through group sales.

Large tour groups, such as our South American neighbors, are organized via Disney Travel and have CMs guiding the group. I've seen them.

However, these are 3rd parties that aren't authorized by Disney, are charging a fee for their service and guide their clients through the parks.

No business would welcome an unauthorized third party profiting from its business.

We're not talking about what @lentesta provides via Touring Plans and his unofficial guides.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes but TP does their commerce off site, which is a form of free speech. The tour guides are doing their commerce on Disney’s property. It’s like someone walking into Walmart and opening a stand to sell food. TP is out on the street in a public space selling their wares.

Although Len setting up a kiosk on Main Street wouldn't be a bad idea.

I kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom