Trespassing third parties

TrainsOfDisney

I think the difference is those are groups traveling with chaperones more than someone outright purchasing a third party version of a VIP tour guide.
That’s where this gets a little strange though. Tour groups do have “group leaders” or “tour guides” or whatever you want to call them that basically do the same thing and they work directly with Disney and disney gives them group rates.

There are also travel agents that work directly with disney and they even get a commission.

It’s weird that Disney is choosing to fight this.

Purduevian

That’s where this gets a little strange though. Tour groups do have “group leaders” or “tour guides” or whatever you want to call them that basically do the same thing and they work directly with Disney and disney gives them group rates.

There are also travel agents that work directly with disney and they even get a commission.

Disney must see a profit in fighting this, and I only see 3 possible reasons
1) They believe it is cutting into their own tours/tour guides
2) DAS abuse leading to lower guest satisfactory
3) G+ repeated power use, leading to less G+ availability for other paying guests
4) They plan to launch their own non-VIP tour guides

The tour groups and travel agents don't fit into any of these scenarios.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Could be an image thing as well. While you may not outwardly represent yourself as an "official spokesperson" for Disney, if another guest sees someone giving a group a tour around the park, they may assume the tour guide is an official tour guide for Disney and then anything the guide says may be held to scrutiny. Similar to why they are cautious about letting adults wear costumes in the park during non-Halloween times.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Could be an image thing as well. While you may not outwardly represent yourself as an "official spokesperson" for Disney, if another guest sees someone giving a group a tour around the park, they may assume the tour guide is an official tour guide for Disney and then anything the guide says may be held to scrutiny. Similar to why they are cautious about letting adults where costumes in the park during non-Halloween times.
I’ve never gone to Disney with a friend and not instantly become a tour guide. I guess I’m next on the list!!!! Haha

castlecake2.0

Disney must see a profit in fighting this, and I only see 3 possible reasons
1) They believe it is cutting into their own tours/tour guides
2) DAS abuse leading to lower guest satisfactory
3) G+ repeated power use, leading to less G+ availability for other paying guests
4) They plan to launch their own non-VIP tour guides

The tour groups and travel agents don't fit into any of these scenarios.
My guess is 2 and 3. Now that lightning lane is a paid experience the GSAT scores are more closely monitored and ops are looking for ways to weed out people who shouldn’t be using it.

Purduevian

Yes they do. There are tour group leaders and travel agents that make reservations.
Your right, there probably are some that are power using G+ for their clients. Standby skipper is probably also something they are looking to crack down on. This may just be the first (and easier) step to cracking down on 3rd party day of planning.

phillip9698

Its not strange at all.

On one had you have the foreign groups such as visitors from South America. They work with Disney to purchase a group rate to get into the park and resorts, but obviously may not speak the language so they need some help navigating the park, food, lodging, transportation, etc... Disney sees that allowing them to have a chaperone to guide them through the park will allow for thousands of tickets and hundreds of rooms to be booked. And Disney knows they arent going to pay 900 dollars an hour for each 10 people that visit the parks for a week. So they allow a chaperone. Its in Disney's best interest to do this.

On the other hand you have a private guide taking small groups of clients who may not be staying on site and are undercutting the price for a similar service Disney offers. They also sell skip the line services by abusing DAS, potentially souring the experience of other guests.

Its not hard to see the difference.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can see both sides though. But enforcement can't just be so arbitrary all of a sudden, can it?

This argument of "well they never stopped me before..." is a horrible one. It's like the people that say "well there wasn't a sign saying I COULDN'T just take this thing that didn't belong to me".

People bemoan enforcement as nitpicky... then if a company doesn't enforce something strictly, people abuse the freedom until the company has to enforce again.. and then people complain about being targeted. Meanwhile, they generally fail to accept the initial truth of what they were doing they know was against the rules to start with. "lack of enforcement" doesn't equate to "allowed".

See Line Jumping, etc.

TrainsOfDisney

Its not strange at all.

Its not hard to see the difference.
Haven’t had a lot of interactions with you but are you attempting to insult my intelligence? It could definitely come across that way and I don’t appreciate it.

I’m not talking about “foreign groups” exclusively - lots of tour companies offer packages for all sorts of groups. This includes groups with special needs, groups of people that love gardening or marine life, groups of seniors, groups that just like to travel in groups haha.

So if you have groups of 10 or more you can be a “tour guide” but if it’s a smaller group you get trespassed by police?

DisneyCane

I’m pretty sure Disney can’t just ask someone to leave for no reason.

Actually they can, just like you can from your private home. Provided you aren’t discriminating a protected class and going about this in a legal way (using trespass legal notifications) they absolutely can.

The Florida Statute:

810.09 Trespass on property other than structure or conveyance.—
(1)(a) A person who, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters upon or remains in any property other than a structure or conveyance:
1. As to which notice against entering or remaining is given, either by actual communication to the offender or by posting, fencing, or cultivation as described in s. 810.011;

From Disney's Ticket Terms and Conditions

Disney shall have the right to cancel any ticket or tickets or any feature or features of any ticket or tickets at any time and for any reason and provide a refund.

Therefore, by exercising their right to cancel a ticket, the ticketholder is no longer "authorized, licensed, or invited" and can be asked to leave under the Trespass statute.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Navigating any public space with a disability is often a big challenge. I can see why they would want to pay for help.
So much so they are going to pay $1000+ a day for that "help"? Nah... these people are looking for more than just tips and a pointer or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom