Trespassing third parties

lentesta

Premium Member
It’s different because clients are paying their guides around $150-$200 an hour. By their own admission they’re undercutting Disney’s VIP Tours. And in some cases blatantly claiming on websites that they can skip lines etc.

It is not at all the same as publishing an Unofficial Guide to WDW each year and providing the option to create a personalised touring plan for around $20 a year.

Disney have obviously decided they don’t want people profiting by offering guided tours at a quarter of the cost of their own official guides and have taken action. They must have identified companies they are targeting if they are pulling people out of line to trespass them, they obviously know the guides - suggesting they’ve been gathering information for a while now. Whether or not these guides have abused thenDAS system before or made false claims about what they can do, I don’t know. But they’re still profiting by acting as guides.

Yeah, this is the important part. It's a third party, walking on to private property, to sell a similar service at a lower rate.

Setting aside any safety or liability issues, it's like trying to run your own movie theater inside your local Cinemark.

lentesta

Premium Member
I’m wildly skeptical that enough guests are using DAS to significantly back-up lightning lanes. What proportion of guests each day use DAS?

We've been counting the number of guests entering both the standby line and the Lightning Lane, per hour, at key attractions.

We've seen instances where the number of guests entering the LL is:
  • Equal to or greater than the number entering the standby line
  • More than half of the attraction's hourly capacity
For example, at Haunted Mansion we counted roughly 1,750 guests entering the LL line in one hour, and slightly less than that entering the standby line. None of them - zero - appeared to be VIP tours.

We also think that the number of G+ reservations sold by Disney for HM is not more than 300 per hour.

So there's ~1,450 guests that are somehow using the LL line. None of them were VIP tours.

Some of them could reasonably be rider swap. But HM isn't a roller coaster and there's no height limit, so I'd expect that rider swap number to be super low.

TrainsOfDisney

it's like trying to run your own movie theater inside your local Cinemark.
No, it would be like bringing a group to a movie theatre and helping them reserve the best movie, get the best seats, get the best snacks etc. I’m sure that personal assistants and baby sitters have done just that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When they place a family in with me in the Skyliner, I start giving them a guided tour of WDW pointing out landmarks, giving advice on how to use Genie+, what the best restaurants are, debunking their misunderstandings, and so on.

I do charge them a small fee. And some do pay in order for me to stop.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
We've been counting the number of guests entering both the standby line and the Lightning Lane, per hour, at key attractions.

For example, at Haunted Mansion we counted roughly 1,750 guests entering the LL line in one hour, and slightly less than that entering the standby line. None of them - zero - appeared to be VIP tours.

We also think that the number of G+ reservations sold by Disney for HM is not more than 300 per hour.

So there's ~1,450 guests that are somehow using the LL line. None of them were VIP tours.

Some of them could reasonably be rider swap. But HM isn't a roller coaster and there's no height limit, so I'd expect that rider swap number to be super low.

Can you get your peeps to keep an eye on LLs during special events in which DAS is the only use of LLs? (as mentione by...)

One need only watch the LL during a MNSSHP or MVMCP to see just how many guests are using DAS since there’s no Genie, tours, or make-up LLs during a party. I was astonished at the number of people in the Space Mtn LL at a party.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Correct. However, Disney can decided when and how to enforce rules on their own property. My guess is they love the bloggers/ live streamers as it is basically "free" advertisement.

Not the same and, based on the internet, Disney is stopping guests from bringing in selfie sticks and microphones. Disney is.going after bloggers and streamers

As a further slap of vloggers, Disney just posted a complete walkthru of the revamped Adventureland Tree inspired by Swiss Family Robinson. This included a close up of all the tableaus that are cordoned off by netting. No vlogger's walkthru could be that good when it opens this week. No scoops. Less views.

And also... Don't forget Disney has slapped down professional photographers who were being paid for photo shoots in the park. Another example of unauthorized 3rd party vendors being kicked out.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@lentesta wouldn't set up his stall on Main St. He’d know that few people would want to stop on their way in or out of MK.
He’d look at his stats on footfall and set up somewhere like outside the Tangled bathrooms where people naturally slow down and linger. 😉

Good point.

So we can expect to see a @lentesta Tangled Kiosk in our future? 😄

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, this is the important part. It's a third party, walking on to private property, to sell a similar service at a lower rate.

Setting aside any safety or liability issues, it's like trying to run your own movie theater inside your local Cinemark.

I dunno. Depends on the price of candy, popcorn and sodas ... 😉

Purduevian

Thank you for all you do to gather this information. I am curious if you will reveal why you think there are ~300 G+ per hour?

I don't expect to be an extreme number, but don't golden oak and club 33 get any time LL to attractions outside of the G+ system?

LAKid53

Premium Member
When they place a family in with me in the Skyliner, I start giving them a guided tour of WDW pointing out landmarks, giving advice on how to use Genie+, what the best restaurants are, debunking their misunderstandings, and so on.

I do charge them a small fee. And some do pay in order for me to stop.

Quality krill? Or just sockeye salmon...

AEfx

I know there is some legal reason that the Jehovas Witness can have a table at Downtown Disney because it is “open to the public” - again, I’d love to chat with a lawyer and actually understand all of this.

You don't need a lawyer, it's pretty easy to understand.

Downtown Disney is privately owned but open to the public, meaning that anyone in the public can freely enter. Private property that operates like that is legally defined as public space and bound differently than private property that is gated and you must pay to enter. In the latter case, you are bound by whatever the terms of your admission purchase are, whereas they cannot set terms and conditions for you to enter property which is publicly open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom