Trespassing third parties

lazyboy97o

I’ve worked 3rd party for Disney (not food though - thankfully) - yes I’m aware. I wouldn’t call all the tour operators that buy group tickets 3rd party though.
How are they not a third party?

So which types of business should be allowed to just set up shop at Walt Disney World without Disney’s permission? We’ve got tours and food service, what else? Any that should not be allowed?

I also think it’s unfair to Disney to not warn these people before trespassing them - unless they were abusing systems which there has been no evidence of in these cases.
They were abusing their admission to engage in commercial activity which is prohibited.

LittleBuford

Like all things english... its very broken and there are multiple uses.

Trespassed can simply be the past tense of the verb of 'trespass' which is to commit the offense of 'trespassing'

But it is also used as a verb to refer to the act of being served or removed for 'trespassing'
The intended meaning is very clear, and I’m not criticising it. It just sounds strange to me—a bit like if you heard someone say “The home-invader was invaded off the property.”

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I’m pretty sure Disney can’t just ask someone to leave for no reason. The “commercial activity” thing is a bit of a stretch

Yes, they can. It's their property, they make the rules about what activity is acceptable on THEIR property...as long as they aren't violating existing federal or state laws.

Just as this site can ban you for violating ITS T&R.

LAKid53

Premium Member
How are they not a third party?

So which types of business should be allowed to just set up shop at Walt Disney World without Disney’s permission? We’ve got tours and food service, what else? Any that should not be allowed?

They were abusing their admission to engage in commercial activity which is prohibited.

And posted on Disney's website.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Since my home is not a business that is open for the public to enjoy, I can’t see how it’s possibly the same thing.

I’d be interested to talk to a lawyer about this though, sounds like an interesting law and one I don’t necessarily agree with.

Either way, in this case the cause give is “commercial activity” which does set a dangerous standard if they want to go after anyone who profits off a visit to Disney in any way.

Any private business that provides a public service can trespass a customer if that customer violates the company's rules.

The MINUTE you're asked to leave the property and refuse to do so, you're trespassing.

LAKid53

Premium Member
As a Girl Scout troop leader whose staring down cookie season- there is a LOT of paperwork involved and a long ‘conduct’ form the troops have to sign and follow or can have severe repercussions.

We wouldn’t dare just setting up a booth on a whim

Been there, done that. The LAST thing you want is the store manager calling the Council office.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Tour groups aren’t 3 rd party, they just make group reservations and lead the group around. The only difference is they are booking 10 or more tickets through group sales.

It's more than bulk buying of tickets. These groups are working WITH Disney on those transactions, and in many cases Disney in turn is providing staff to groups.

These groups (like Schools, Internationals, etc) are working with Disney authorized agents and within policies.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That’s where this gets a little strange though. Tour groups do have “group leaders” or “tour guides” or whatever you want to call them that basically do the same thing and they work directly with Disney and disney gives them group rates.

There are also travel agents that work directly with disney and they even get a commission.

It’s weird that Disney is choosing to fight this.

My Disney authorized TA isn't charging me for her services nor is she charging me a fee and "guiding" me through the parks.

See the difference?

TrainsOfDisney

Large tour groups, such as our South American neighbors, are organized via Disney Travel and have CMs guiding the group. I've seen them.
There seems to be an obsession with South American tour groups. I’ve also seen many groups being guided by their own leaders and no Disney guide in site. This is so common that Disney even based the entire Flights of Wonder show on this premise.
As our Disney bloggers and live streamers.

Purduevian

There seems to be an obsession with South American tour groups. I’ve also seen many groups being guided by their own leaders and no Disney guide in site. This is so common that Disney even based the entire Flights of Wonder show on this premise.

As our Disney bloggers and live streamers.
Correct. However, Disney can decided when and how to enforce rules on their own property. My guess is they love the bloggers/ live streamers as it is basically "free" advertisement.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The intended meaning is very clear, and I’m not criticising it. It just sounds strange to me—a bit like if you heard someone say “The home-invader was invaded off the property.”

Theres English and then theres proscriptive legal language with English words meaning very specific actions...sometimes they even agree that they mean the same thing.

TrainsOfDisney

Or perhaps you should consider that it's gotten to the point of affecting OTHER guests' experiences and Disney is cracking down on those individuals CMs see and report.
The teenager making fun of the CM’s disability affected my experience and was against the rules of the park (treating CM’s with respect) and yet no security was called.

Only private tour guide I’ve ever seen wanted to make sure their group saw the pirate band play in NOL - seemed like they were doing a great job pointing out the hidden parts of Disney and not effecting anyone’s visit.

Has your visit ever been impacted by a private tour guide?

LAKid53

Premium Member
The teenager making fun of the CM’s disability affected my experience and was against the rules of the park (treating CM’s with respect) and yet no security was called.

Only private tour guide I’ve ever seen wanted to make sure their group saw the pirate band play in NOL - seemed like they were doing a great job pointing out the hidden parts of Disney and not effecting anyone’s visit.

Has your visit ever been impacted by a private tour guide?

If the privately guided tour leader is violating express access to rides, yes. Or holding seats at shows. Or "reserving" viewing space for a parade, fireworks, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom