Trespassing third parties

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Mouse House and Rules on Private Property

While 1A prohibits government punishment for exercising religious freedom, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act prohibits an employer from discriminating against candidates and employees exercising that right. However, just like the ADA, there's a "reasonable accommodations" test.

Back to the subject at hand...

Disney has a right to set rules for guest behavior on its property. Violate those rules, you can be asked to leave and be prohibited from returning, either for a specific period of time or permanently.

Just because TDO hasn't always enforced the ban on unauthorized 3rd party commercial activity on property doesn't prohibit TDO from enforcing it now or in the future.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Because the first amendment doesn't apply to your place of employment, which is privately owned. Even if it is open to the public, like Downtown Disney, your employer can quite legally restrict your speech while you are employed there.

No, but Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act does.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
We've been counting the number of guests entering both the standby line and the Lightning Lane, per hour, at key attractions.

We've seen instances where the number of guests entering the LL is:
  • Equal to or greater than the number entering the standby line
  • More than half of the attraction's hourly capacity
For example, at Haunted Mansion we counted roughly 1,750 guests entering the LL line in one hour, and slightly less than that entering the standby line. None of them - zero - appeared to be VIP tours.

We also think that the number of G+ reservations sold by Disney for HM is not more than 300 per hour.

So there's ~1,450 guests that are somehow using the LL line. None of them were VIP tours.

Some of them could reasonably be rider swap. But HM isn't a roller coaster and there's no height limit, so I'd expect that rider swap number to be super low.

When you say 300 per hour, does that mean every true "hour" timeblock, as in an attraction has 300 from 9-10, 10 - 11, etc. or are the 300 per hour timeblock in G+, meaning there are 300 from 9:00 - 10:00 and then another 300 for 9:05 - 10:05, etc? I'm assuming you mean the actual hour block, meaning a day of 8-10 is roughly 4200 LL's, correct?

If 1,750 people entered within an hour and there's roughly 4,200 LL per day, no way that 42% came through in the random hour that Len's team picked. Clearly there's some abuse of DAS if that many people are filling the LL.

lentesta

Premium Member
When you say 300 per hour, does that mean every true "hour" timeblock, as in an attraction has 300 from 9-10, 10 - 11, etc. or are the 300 per hour timeblock in G+, meaning there are 300 from 9:00 - 10:00 and then another 300 for 9:05 - 10:05, etc? I'm assuming you mean the actual hour block, meaning a day of 8-10 is roughly 4200 LL's, correct?

If 1,750 people entered within an hour and there's roughly 4,200 LL per day, no way that 42% came through in the random hour that Len's team picked. Clearly there's some abuse of DAS if that many people are filling the LL.

It's ~300 per hour - technically a max of 24 G+ reservations given out every 5 minutes, which is 288 per hour. 300 is a round number that's sometimes easier to work with.

Splash4eva

It's ~300 per hour - technically a max of 24 G+ reservations given out every 5 minutes, which is 288 per hour. 300 is a round number that's sometimes easier to work with.
If there is someone there counting its pretty easy to see who has DAS as ive stated bc its a different color then a CM approves you thru…

lentesta

Premium Member
Thank you for all you do to gather this information. I am curious if you will reveal why you think there are ~300 G+ per hour?

I mean, the community of "third-party software developers for Disney park stuff" is relatively small. I've been around for a while, so I try to be a (reasonably) good steward of that group. You meet people and have interesting conversations.

I don't expect to be an extreme number, but don't golden oak and club 33 get any time LL to attractions outside of the G+ system?

My lawyer says I don't remember.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I mean, the community of "third-party software developers for Disney park stuff" is relatively small. I've been around for a while, so I try to be a (reasonably) good steward of that group. You meet people and have interesting conversations.

Kudos to your team for standing out in the heat of Florida counting the number of guests utilizing ILL in a 60 minute period. 👏

My lawyer says I don't remember.

Wise lawyer. 😉

lewisc

I went to the website for. Theme Park Concierges one of the company's served. Looks like business as usually. Are they going to wait until each guide is personally served?

Tha Realest

One solution: cap both the number of people that can be in a DAS “party,” and also limit how many times a calendar year said user can change party members.

Splash4eva

One solution: cap both the number of people that can be in a DAS “party,” and also limit how many times a calendar year said user can change party members.
DAS is capped out. You can only add 5 other people to your party when booking. At least thats my understanding of it when using. Ive never had more than 5 total so i dont know what people who have legit larger families do in cases like this.

lewisc

Many parts of the world tour guides are tested and licensed. Disney could set up a system to approve a few vendors. They would be subject to rules. They would have to pay $$$ Disney could expand their tour department.

I've stayed at resorts and taken third party tours. I had to leave the resort property for pickup and drop off.

A few years ago almost any vendor could drop off scooters and strollers at bell services. It's now limited to one compamy.

The third party tours are either smoke and mirrors or are engaging in behavior which is at the expense of other guests.

Joel

When they place a family in with me in the Skyliner, I start giving them a guided tour of WDW pointing out landmarks, giving advice on how to use Genie+, what the best restaurants are, debunking their misunderstandings, and so on.

I do charge them a small fee. And some do pay in order for me to stop.

itstrue.jpg

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I don't expect to be an extreme number, but don't golden oak and club 33 get any time LL to attractions outside of the G+ system?

Yes, and while the number available per day is ridiculous it's still relatively a drop in the bucket. These are generally folks that love the parks but aren't out there all day burning through their allotment. Like, if you're Charlie and you dreamed of owning the chocolate factory to eat chocolate all day every day and one day you do own it, but then when it's s soo readily available you don't actually gorge yourself daily just because you can but instead you limit yourself to way less than people think *because* your access is so readily available.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
And what if you or I want to go to Disney with different family members or groups of friends?

Let’s say Amy goes once a year with her immediate family in late May. Then they go in August with various aunties, cousins and her parents. And she has a girls getaway in February with a group of friends - of whom 2 or 3 are regulars and others join some years.

Does she have to wade through 30 people to select her group every time she books a G+ ride?

I mean, that’s three trips in a calendar year. Seems perfectly reasonable. But by the sounds of it, there are allegedly people going three or more times a month with all different people. Seems like something that could easily be distinguished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom