Trespassing third parties

Tha Realest

DAS really does not shorten wait times tho in its current. It basically is a VQ for people who are unable to stand or be in said place for extended periods of time…. I think it is the biggest fallacy of DAS. Prime example. When i would go to HP their system literally had people go to the front and walk on a ride. Disney DAS is nothing like that.
From my perspective this is one of the biggest reasons to make sure those using DAS are truly entitled to it and it’s not being abused. Because the more that clog the LL lines, the more issues result to those who really need it.

DisneyCane

Disney is back enforcing a ban on selfie sticks and external microphones. That's one way to separate "professional" Vbloggers from guests making videos for family use.

Something I read...you don’t want the guest next to you talking into his equipment. Play music on your phone, Eagles music is a good choice. Music is checked for copyright. I've read Eagles music is picked up
I wonder if the facades in the parks are trademarked and can therefore be used to prevent monetization of videos which contain the marks. When I post concert videos on youtube, the monetization goes to the band. I assume that AI can be used to pick up on visual aspects as well as audio.

A friend of mine is an "influencer" to use the term loosely. The bulk of his "content" is shopping for deals at big box retailers. I know that Costco banned him from live streaming his "shop with me" videos for some reason (not that I've ever understood why people watch).

lewisc

That is true, but they are not disabled and are able to stand in the standby line like anybody else. Parents push kids around in a stroller so they don't have to walk all over the parks but then they park the stroller and stand in line.
They may not be able to stand but most standby queues can accommodate scooters and wheelchairs.

I was reacting to your pp
Entitled people with no morals would get a wheelchair for an able bodied person in their party just to skip lines

Touchdown

Everyone just makes assumptions when noone really knows. Its pretty easy to detect bc Genie/FP gives you a different color vs DAS and as ive stated plenty it is rare when i see others using DAS now again obviously an extremely smallll sample size but if the use was so widespread wouldnt you think it be it be more noticeable for anyone when they check in to there rides via Genie/FP. Even waiting on the line when you are next to it and at a standstill
When a ride that was not down recently is doing 95% G+ due to that line spilling out into the midway, and we have insiders stating that G+ allocation is only a minimal amount of LL, it’s being abused. There is not that many people in this country who are disabled going to WDW. It’s absurd.

Again, I can’t point to who needs this (highly appropriate accommodation) vs who is scamming it so I’m never going to accuse people in the park, but I can’t help but notice the severe drop in Express Line queues at Universal after they started their stricter verification service. I also frequented DLR during the height of that resorts abuse. There are so many horrible people in this world who think only of themselves sometimes I wish a higher power would smite all the abusers with an affliction that would no longer make them an abuser of the disability pass.

DisneyCane

They may not be able to stand but most standby queues can accommodate scooters and wheelchairs.

I was reacting to your pp
Right but my pp was referring to many years ago before many of the standby queues could accommodate them. People who weren't disabled would get a wheelchair and then skip the standby line because they were in a wheelchair (along with their party).

Tha Realest

I wonder if the facades in the parks are trademarked and can therefore be used to prevent monetization of videos which contain the marks. When I post concert videos on youtube, the monetization goes to the band. I assume that AI can be used to pick up on visual aspects as well as audio.

A friend of mine is an "influencer" to use the term loosely. The bulk of his "content" is shopping for deals at big box retailers. I know that Costco banned him from live streaming his "shop with me" videos for some reason (not that I've ever understood why people watch).
There’s a well-known live streamer that eschews certain rides or areas of the park because the music played gets flagged as a DMCA violation and it presumably demonetizes those videos

DisneyCane

When a ride that was not down recently is doing 95% G+ due to that line spilling out into the midway, and we have insiders stating that G+ allocation is only a minimal amount of LL, it’s being abused. There is not that many people in this country who are disabled going to WDW. It’s absurd.

Again, I can’t point to who needs this (highly appropriate accommodation) vs who is scamming it so I’m never going to accuse people in the park, but I can’t help but notice the severe drop in Express Line queues at Universal after they started their stricter verification service. I also frequented DLR during the height of that resorts abuse. There are so many horrible people in this world who think only of themselves sometimes I wish a higher power would smite all the abusers with an affliction that would no longer make them an abuser of the disability pass.
My aversion to ever putting a wheel of my vehicle into a handicapped parking space originated with the illogical thought that I would be punished if I did by being afflicted with a disability. I know it is ridiculous but it helped to drive home to myself how fortunate I am.

Ayla

All good and yea at times things can be taken certain ways. I just dont think there is as much widespread abuse as people feel there is. Problem is this yes im sure there is some stretch of whats allowed and its a small part but either way for every person using DAS its probably on average 3-4 people going thru said line.
I'll go with the data that actually says DAS is being abused, vs a user of the system defending it.

Splash4eva

From my perspective this is one of the biggest reasons to make sure those using DAS are truly entitled to it and it’s not being abused. Because the more that clog the LL lines, the more issues result to those who really need it.
Contrary to what people say i have seen no real difference in wait times in the FP/LL lines sans when a ride is down then opens back up and everyone is trying to get on it that normally wouldnt. Ive been using DAS for a solid 15 -20 years now & again i truly dont see any major differences.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Disney is back enforcing a ban on selfie sticks and external microphones. That's one way to separate "professional" Vbloggers from guests making videos for family use.

Something I read...you don’t want the guest next to you talking into his equipment. Play music on your phone, Eagles music is a good choice. Music is checked for copyright. I've read Eagles music is picked up
You don't even need to crank up your phone. Everybody, sing along.... "On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair...."

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Contrary to what people say i have seen no real difference in wait times in the FP/LL lines sans when a ride is down then opens back up and everyone is trying to get on it that normally wouldnt. Ive been using DAS for a solid 15 -20 years now & again i truly dont see any major differences.
Good trick as I think DAS has only been around for about 10 years 😉

Last edited:

Splash4eva

Listen Disney can easily enforce the need for DAS by implementing stricter policies. I would fully embrace that but then you will get everyone saying how dare Disney do such a thing. Here is my take. If you have a need/disability disclose it. When i do my video interview and even before in city hall. I simply tell them what my condition is. I truly dont care about privacy etc and any “laws” as to why they cant ask. So im fully transparent to my needs and concerns.

lazyboy97o

Question
Assume a person has a legitimate reason for DAS, however you want to define it. That person acting as a private guide offers his customers an advantage. I suspect Disney would have ADA issues just prohibiting DAS people as being private guides. ADA issues if you don't let them use DAS at work as a private guide.
This would be part of why Disney doesn’t want private guides. By not allowing them in the first place they don’t have to grapple with this question or others.

Buildings are not trademarks and trademarks do not grant the same sort of protections as copyrights which are at issue with music.

lewisc

I'll go with the data that actually says DAS is being abused, vs a user of the system defending it.
There is absolutely no data documenting how many guests are abusing DAS. There is anecdotal data suggesting how many G+ guests are using DAS, some rides some time of day. A DAS person may have 5 guests.

I'm sure there is abuse, but our suspicions don't translate to hard data.

Some of the DAS is under Disney's control. Wheelchair guests don’t need DAS if the queue can accommodate them. DAS for bathroom needs aren't needed IF bathrooms are available in the quueue area or if there is a system to let the guest leave and then rejoin the line.

Why is legitimate DAS use higher then some guests think is appropriate? Of course some.l schemers.

Multi generation trip. Plausible DAS need is more likely.

How many vacation destinations are as friendly to guests with either mobility issues or issues which justify DAS?

Disney attracts those guests.

I reject the unspoken opinion that the vast majority of DAS users are scammers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom