Trespassing third parties

Splash4eva

I mean, that’s three trips in a calendar year. Seems perfectly reasonable. But by the sounds of it, there are allegedly people going three or more times a month with all different people. Seems like something that could easily be distinguished.
Its something Disney can easily figure out if they wanted to… same with the resellers. They just didnt care to… Disney literally could sell the merchandise online themselves and cut out these pos resellers but hey why should they. Bad for business.

lewisc

Why are people assuming private guides using their own DAS pass for paying guests is the sole reason for Disney's policy?

Could the private guides be assisting paying guests on how to obtain questionable DAS passes? Having colleagues save parade viewing, fireworks viewing locations? Having CM friends help with things like recovery passes, when not needed? Could Disney have decided to stop allowing 3rd party tour guides competing with Disney?

I doubt there is only one reason.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
No, it would be like bringing a group to a movie theatre and helping them reserve the best movie, get the best seats, get the best snacks etc. I’m sure that personal assistants and baby sitters have done just that.
Actually, this is a good comparison, but the wrong analogy.

Lots of movie theaters have some kind of membership program that allows participants to get discounts, skip the concession line, free refills, etc. If there was somebody standing next to the counter offering ‘rewards access’ or somesuch to anyone willing to pay five bucks, constantly cutting the ‘standby’ concession line for cheap snacks and free Cokes, I expect the manager would shut that down real quick.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Why are people assuming private guides using their own DAS pass for paying guests is the sole reason for Disney's policy?

Could the private guides be assisting paying guests on how to obtain questionable DAS passes? Having colleagues save parade viewing, fireworks viewing locations? Having CM friends help with things like recovery passes, when not needed? Could Disney have decided to stop allowing 3rd party tour guides competing with Disney?

I doubt there is only one reason.

Of course there is more than one reason. But the perception is, at least on these boards, that after Disney monetized fast passes more guests are abusing the DAS system than the percentage that was before. I think that’s why the conversation always swings that way.

Splash4eva

Of course there is more than one reason. But the perception is, at least on these boards, that after Disney monetized fast passes more guests are abusing the DAS system than the percentage that was before. I think that’s why the conversation always swings that way.
This board has claimed DAS has been abused since way before Genie imo and its probably one of the reasons Disney “changed” the original way it use to work or at least how it was from when i started to use it to its current form

lewisc

Some of the current DAS holders could work with the old fast pass system and didn't see the need to get DAS. Disney was telling guests they didn't need DAS, FP is all they needed.

I'm sure there is abuse, but not as much as posters think

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Some of the current DAS holders could work with the old fast pass system and didn't see the need to get DAS. Disney was telling guests they didn't need DAS, FP is all they needed.

I'm sure their is abuse, but not as much as posters think
Abuse of services that are supposed to be in place to help people who are disabled has been a problem for a long time. That's why Disney had to change from the original system where parties with people in a wheelchair could just skip the line. Entitled people with no morals would get a wheelchair for an able bodied person in their party just to skip lines. Back in the day, sometimes I would see an obvious example of this and it would disgust me.

I won't use a handicapped parking space for 3 seconds to have more room to turn around in a parking lot because, as an able bodied person, I feel strongly that accommodations that exist to assist people with disabilities should ONLY be used to assist people with disabilities. I am blessed that neither me nor anybody who goes to WDW with me is disabled. As much as I hate the whole Genie+ and ILL system, I would never dream of trying to take advantage of DAS to shorten my wait time (since I refuse to pay to do that).

If I ever thought my autistic (pretty severely) nephew could handle a trip to WDW, I would use DAS. Anybody who interacted with him would immediately know that it was a legitimate accommodation for somebody who has a severe mental disability.

Splash4eva

Abuse of services that are supposed to be in place to help people who are disabled has been a problem for a long time. That's why Disney had to change from the original system where parties with people in a wheelchair could just skip the line. Entitled people with no morals would get a wheelchair for an able bodied person in their party just to skip lines. Back in the day, sometimes I would see an obvious example of this and it would disgust me.

I won't use a handicapped parking space for 3 seconds to have more room to turn around in a parking lot because, as an able bodied person, I feel strongly that accommodations that exist to assist people with disabilities should ONLY be used to assist people with disabilities. I am blessed that neither me nor anybody who goes to WDW with me is disabled. As much as I hate the whole Genie+ and ILL system, I would never dream of trying to take advantage of DAS to shorten my wait time (since I refuse to pay to do that).

If I ever thought my autistic (pretty severely) nephew could handle a trip to WDW, I would use DAS. Anybody who interacted with him would immediately know that it was a legitimate accommodation for somebody who has a severe mental disability.
DAS really does not shorten wait times tho in its current. It basically is a VQ for people who are unable to stand or be in said place for extended periods of time…. I think it is the biggest fallacy of DAS. Prime example. When i would go to HP their system literally had people go to the front and walk on a ride. Disney DAS is nothing like that.

Touchdown

DAS really does not shorten wait times tho in its current. It basically is a VQ for people who are unable to stand or be in said place for extended periods of time…. I think it is the biggest fallacy of DAS. Prime example. When i would go to HP their system literally had people go to the front and walk on a ride. Disney DAS is nothing like that.
Thats only if you don’t do something else while waiting for your time, which I can guarantee you abusers of DAS do not, they use it as a deluxe Genie+ and then do other attractions while waiting for their time thus increasing standby times elsewhere in addition to increasing standby times at the attraction they just DASed.

Splash4eva

Thats only if you don’t do something else while waiting for your time, which I can guarantee you abusers of DAS do not, they use it as a deluxe Genie+ and then do other attractions while waiting for their time thus increasing standby times elsewhere in addition to increasing standby times at the attraction they just DASed.
You? So im being accused of not needing DAS and abusing the system? Yes i do pay for Genie+ as well when i go because if i didnt i would basically be lingering around waiting for my DAS time to come up and do nothing but people watch. Really not a fun trip if thats all i was able to do during the course of the day.

TrainsOfDisney

Guests at WDW walk up to 10 miles a day. Some guests in wheelchairs and scooters can walk, just not Disney distances.
At the risk of my intelligence being insulted again, yes this is very tricky because there are non-visible disabilities that could definitely qualify a guest to use DAS.

Yes it’s hard not to judge, because certainly some are abusing it, but it’s not our place to worry about that.

Is there evidence that these tour guides were abusing DAS? Or just assisting with making legit DAS reservations?

Touchdown

You? So im being accused of not needing DAS and abusing the system? Yes i do pay for Genie+ as well when i go because if i didnt i would basically be lingering around waiting for my DAS time to come up and do nothing but people watch. Really not a fun trip if thats all i was able to do during the course of the day.
I’m not accusing you personally. It’s how English works and was a hypothetical sentence. Sorry you took it that way.

Splash4eva

I’m not accusing you personally. It’s how English works and was a hypothetical sentence. Sorry you took it that way.
All good and yea at times things can be taken certain ways. I just dont think there is as much widespread abuse as people feel there is. Problem is this yes im sure there is some stretch of whats allowed and its a small part but either way for every person using DAS its probably on average 3-4 people going thru said line.

Touchdown

All good and yea at times things can be taken certain ways. I just dont think there is as much widespread abuse as people feel there is. Problem is this yes im sure there is some stretch of whats allowed and its a small part but either way for every person using DAS its probably on average 3-4 people going thru said line.
You’ve clearly never stood in line at JC as boat after boat goes out with <5 people from standby for over 30 min. I think the abuse is real, but as I can’t distinguish real from fake it’s something I need to accept, I’m very glad Disney is doing everything in their power to stop the abuse.

lewisc

Is there evidence that these tour guides were abusing DAS? Or just assisting with making legit DAS reservations?
We don't have any real evidence that DAS abuse is even the main reason.

Question
Assume a person has a legitimate reason for DAS, however you want to define it. That person acting as a private guide offers his customers an advantage. I suspect Disney would have ADA issues just prohibiting DAS people as being private guides. ADA issues if you don't let them use DAS at work as a private guide.

Question

Assume some private guides assist guests in crafting their DAS interview to embellish, exaggerate and even falsify reasons for DAS.

There many non DAS ways private guides can game at cheat the system

Indy_UK

Ive read elsewhere that its become very noticeable at the parties like MNSSHP when there is no Genie+ or ILL running but ALOT more people are all of a sudden using DAS than before Genie+

Splash4eva

You’ve clearly never stood in line at JC as boat after boat goes out with <5 people from standby for over 30 min. I think the abuse is real, but as I can’t distinguish real from fake it’s something I need to accept, I’m very glad Disney is doing everything in their power to stop the abuse.
Everyone just makes assumptions when noone really knows. Its pretty easy to detect bc Genie/FP gives you a different color vs DAS and as ive stated plenty it is rare when i see others using DAS now again obviously an extremely smallll sample size but if the use was so widespread wouldnt you think it be it be more noticeable for anyone when they check in to there rides via Genie/FP. Even waiting on the line when you are next to it and at a standstill

lewisc

I just want a blanket ban of Vloggers.

Never going to happen but one can wish
Disney is back enforcing a ban on selfie sticks and external microphones. That's one way to separate "professional" Vbloggers from guests making videos for family use.

Something I read...you don’t want the guest next to you talking into his equipment. Play music on your phone, Eagles music is a good choice. Music is checked for copyright. I've read Eagles music is picked up

DisneyCane

Guests at WDW walk up to 10 miles a day. Some guests in wheelchairs and scooters can walk, just not Disney distances.
That is true, but they are not disabled and are able to stand in the standby line like anybody else. Parents push kids around in a stroller so they don't have to walk all over the parks but then they park the stroller and stand in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom