Trespassing third parties

lewisc

The rules say the following is prohibited -
  • The sale of goods or services, or the display of goods or services, unless prior written approval has been obtained.
Does Uber / Uber drivers have prior written approval? Maybe the company does! Definitely could be. I don’t know.
There are designated ride share locations. Disney has appropriate signage. A rational person would conclude ride share has approval.

MCO airport has a Vehicle for Hire list on their website. The list is of car service companies authorized to pick up pax with a prior reservation.

Does Disney have a list of private guides authorized to offer tours on property? I don't know of any such list.

TrainsOfDisney

When people refuse facts and consistently make up their own - that is not 'different points of view'. It's people oblivious to their surroundings.
We don’t actually have that many facts.

Fact - Disney allowed these guides to work for 10+ years.

Fact - it’s technically against the written rules.

Fact - disney has the right to trespass them for violating the rules.

Anything else?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Does Uber / Uber drivers have prior written approval? Maybe the company does! Definitely could be. I don’t know.

You keep looking for uniformity when there is zero requirement for it. The only uniformity you need to grasp is Disney gets to control what activity happens ON THEIR PROPERTY. How they chose to enforce it, to what degree, and with who, is not going to be uniform... nor does it have to be in any way. So you can stop with the 'what about..' you keep bringing up these challenges as if the premise of Disney having the say is in question. It's not. Get over it.

Topics like roads and transportation companies are far tricker than someone actually operating inside your venue. Disney wants their property to be accessible to reach and they don't control how guests desire to reach their property. But they do want to balance that access with exclusivity's value and disruption to their own services. That's why venues like Disney control where those ride shares do things like pickups and drop-offs.. and try to regulate where they loiter.

It make zero sense for Disney to try to ban 3rd party transportation from their public and private roads - but it does make sense to keep them at arms length in terms of access and footprint with regards to their venues.

Venues work with 3rd party operators (like Uber) to setup operating procedures for their site - this is to prevent conflicts and escalations where venues try to fight the ride shares and block any access. They collaborate on procedures and then the operators get their participants to play by the agreed upon rules or risk their own participation with the vendor.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We don’t actually have that many facts.

Fact - Disney allowed these guides to work for 10+ years.

Fact - it’s technically against the written rules.

Fact - disney has the right to trespass them for violating the rules.

Anything else?
The private property owner can decide on their own what activities they allow on their property. Full Stop. They don't have to be consistent between services. They don't have to apply to 'social norms'.

And you certainly seem to have a problem understanding existing relationship and how they got there.

Isamar

Given how hesitant Disney can be about enforcing rules they likely were building a case. This is also likely part of why they did this at the park entrance with clients present because that means they were caught in the act. They were dealing with the unauthorized activity right then and there as it was occurring, they weren’t sending deputies to someone’s house after the fact (Imagine those headlines!). Doing multiple in quick succession also helps avoid things like claims of discrimination.

It also allows them to effect personal service of a trespass notice.

phillip9698

What’s absurd?

Uber drivers are operating a commercial business on Disney property.

It’s fine if Disney wants to allow them and not tour guides, that’s their choice. I’m just pointing it out.

Here is an easy way to tell if your business is authorized on property. When the company puts up a sign essentially saying “conduct your business here” it’s safe to say you have permission to operate your business there.

Nothing about the rideshare permission is confusing.

lazyboy97o

Here is an easy way to tell if your business is authorized on property. When the company puts up a sign essentially saying “conduct your business here” it’s safe to say you have permission to operate your business there.

Nothing about the rideshare permission is confusing.
If they didn’t want people giving tours of the parks then why did they build the parks?

MagicRat

This place gets more and more insane, so by Disney not putting chip readers on the coffee, ice tea and hot chocolate machines at the resort, is it implied that I can access it for free?

The company can choose how it wants to enforce its policies. It doesn’t matter that people were able to get away with it for years or not. It’s over now for the fake tour guides and I hope they don’t get to come back!

Drdcm

I just wonder why they were allowed to operate for so long. I don’t think they should be allowed to operate. I understand Disney can make this decision without warning and for whatever reason. Why now though?

Drdcm

This place gets more and more insane, so by Disney not putting chip readers on the coffee, ice tea and hot chocolate machines at the resort, is it implied that I can access it for free?

The company can choose how it wants to enforce its policies. It doesn’t matter that people were able to get away with it for years or not. It’s over now for the fake tour guides and I hope they don’t get to come back!
You wouldn’t steal a car would you? Then why would you steal your tour customers from the plaids? 😉

lewisc

I hope poster set their cruise control to the speed limit. You wouldn't want to inadvertently speed.

Mike Hewell (Tour Guide Mike) started running private VIP tours since 1999.
Years ago Mike also ran.a website. Banner Ads. I have no idea if he, and other guides, had explicit permission or implied permission from Disney.

It doesn't matter which. Disney is not currently allowing them to operate.

JMO Disney might introduce a "plaid light" program. Disney might allow some tour guides to meet qualifications, including insurance, and operate. Probably subject to fees.

Drdcm

Something must be lost in translation, the third parties have no right to be there or even complain by stating they were there in the past. I like all kinds of plaids though,
It was a joke. Referencing the old ads to shame people for torrenting. We are in agreement that they have no right to do what they were doing.

Because you mentioned stealing drinks

lentesta

Premium Member
You guys are brilliant and I love what you do, so pardon the delayed response, but if this is the case, what percentage of guests each day have DAS?

I feel like I’m missing something key, because I trust you, but I also just don’t see how this is possible. What am I overlooking?

My perspective is that of someone who has traveled extensively with a guest who needs a wheelchair (could not walk a step without it) but has never received or formally applied for a DAS because cast members told us we weren’t eligible.

Disney has previously said in court that 3% of guests used the old Guest Assistance Cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom