Trespassing third parties

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I really don’t know what you’re hoping to achieve in this thread, but I’m not playing.
harry potter GIF

Marionnette

Disney isn't using logic to support their decision to ban the tour guides so arguing logic is useless. They don't want them anymore for reasons we'll never know.
If the yahoo article linked in the first post is to be believed, a Disney spokesperson specifically cited an uptick in DAS abuse. The article made it sound as if there is a connection between the 3rd-party tour guide banning and DAS abuse. Even the tour guides who were interviewed said that not all of their competitors act in an ethical manner.

lewisc

I’m not seeing how the ban isn’t logical, though. It seems entirely consistent with Disney’s broader in-park policies, even if it hasn’t been evenly enforced in the past.
The, "possible logic" issue. The ban applies to all private tour guides. Some help guests scam the system. A small number appear to handle high value guests.

LittleBuford

The, "possible logic" issue. The ban applies to all private tour guides. Some help guests scam the system. A small number appear to handle high value guests.
What I’m trying to say is that it doesn’t seem at all illogical to me that Disney would ban (or at least have a rule against) private tour guides from operating within their parks. On the contrary, it seems entirely expected.

lewisc

If the yahoo article linked in the first post is to be believed, a Disney spokesperson specifically cited an uptick in DAS abuse. The article made it sound as if there is a connection between the 3rd-party tour guide banning and DAS abuse. Even the tour guides who were interviewed said that not all of their competitors act in an ethical manner.
The connection is implied. The statement regarding DAS abuse is generic and does not specifically apply to private tours

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I have just heard back from the second person I reached out to regarding this. The first is high up in WDW security. The second is a captain at Orange County SO who is a shift commander for the detail at WDW. They both told me the same story and it had nothing to do with abuse of DAS. I can't go into great detail but there is a threatened law suit that has caused the change.

Chi84

Premium Member
I have just heard back from the second person I reached out to regarding this. The first is high up in WDW security. The second is a captain at Orange County SO who is a shift commander for the detail at WDW. They both told me the same story and it had nothing to do with abuse of DAS. I can't go into great detail but there is a threatened law suit that has caused the change.
That actually makes the most sense. Disney shouldn’t have to be responsible for the actions of people over whom it has no control, whatever those actions might be.

EeyoreFan#24

They want people driving guests onto and around the property. They don't want people giving tours anymore for reasons they are highly unlikely to reveal. Permission isn't the key; the only key is that it's Disney's property to do with as they see fit. They can be as inconsistent as they like.

To build on that, they also have the ability to do it on their timeline. I doubt they have the capacity to tackle every revenue draining or competing business before lunch and then set up their own stuff after lunch and be done.

It’s very possible(no evidence though) they are dealing with the tour guide thing now and just working with Uber/lift and other industries until their business plan targets it in a year or two. Or they could be very happy not being in that business at all.

My point is there seems to be a concept of “all or nothing” in some discussions but it’s rarely that simple.

lazyboy97o

Uber and Lyft also take money away from a Disney service (Minnie Van) and from an approved Disney service (Mears).

If permission is the key, only Mears and Minnie Vans have permission.
Once again you are making statements that are factually incorrect. You have already been informed that MinnieVans are a partnership with Lyft. You have already been informed that Uber and Lyft have permission to operate which is why there are even designated spaces. You have been informed of how those permissions differ. There is a word for saying things you know are not true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom