Trespassing third parties

TrainsOfDisney

If someone told you 2 + 2 = 4, you would try to cite some obscure glitch in the matrix why it doesn't. TNC's are rideshare like Uber / Lyft. TNCs have nothing to do with taxis.
I just asked for clarification.

So WDW has the authority to tell taxi companies they can’t operate but not rideshare?

CAV

That is why they can drive the main roads erc. That is not why they are allowed at your hotel, at the TTC, or in their designated spots at the other theme parks. ( those are private property - not reedy creek properties)
They are not allowed at hotels? Since when? I have been picked up and dropped off at hotels in Ubers many times.

CAV

I think there’s a distinction there. The law may say they can drive all around RCID (public) property, but WDW property is private property. They may have a legal ability to be there up until they cross the entry gate/property line. Then it’s up to Disney. It may make a difference between the public garages and the Disney bus loops. However, Disney has chosen to work with them so they are allowed.
You didn't read the statute, did you? Then Senator Brandes, when the law was elected, main interest was creating legislation that protected this new business segment and the consumer. The main lobbyist against it was taxi and shuttle companies.

CAV

I think there’s a distinction there. The law may say they can drive all around RCID (public) property, but WDW property is private property. They may have a legal ability to be there up until they cross the entry gate/property line. Then it’s up to Disney. It may make a difference between the public garages and the Disney bus loops. However, Disney has chosen to work with them so they are allowed.
And by the way, I am not an Uber driver. I just work at segment of the economy cited in the legislation and am responsible for enforcement. And yes, as long as the entity allows the Uber to operate, it can reasonably name pickup and dropoff locations.

lewisc

You didn't read the statute, did you? Then Senator Brandes, when the law was elected, main interest was creating legislation that protected this new business segment and the consumer. The main lobbyist against it was taxi and shuttle companies.
The law applies to government and government type entities. It certainly doesn't apply to private companies.

The law says only airports and seaports can charge extra. Uber pickups at Universal are at the top level of a garage. Fares are $4 extra.

EeyoreFan#24

I did. I’m not disputing the state is trying to protect those businesses. I’m disputing that I read it as it only applies to government agencies and doesn’t preempt private property rights.

And by the way, I am not an Uber driver. I just work at segment of the economy cited in the legislation and am responsible for enforcement. And yes, as long as the entity allows the Uber to operate, it can reasonably name pickup and dropoff locations.

I’m genuinely confused by your response. Does Disney chose to allow the entity access to their property or are they mandated by the state in your opinion?

flynnibus

Premium Member
They are not allowed at hotels? Since when? I have been picked up and dropped off at hotels in Ubers many times.
That’s not what i said. I said the law cited is not why they are allowed to - the reason they are allowed at the hotels is because disney chooses to allow it.

The cited law is the state’s attempt at regulating the industry and it put up barriers to ensure only the state legislation is the one to regulate it - barring other local gov entities from doing their own variations.

None of that applies to the private disney property in terms of requiring or barring access.

CAV

The law applies to government and government type entities. It certainly doesn't apply to private companies.

The law says only airports and seaports can charge extra. Uber pickups at Universal are at the top level of a garage. Fares are $4 extra.
You read what you wanted and ignored the rest. Reedy Creek Improvement District is a local government.

CAV

I did. I’m not disputing the state is trying to protect those businesses. I’m disputing that I read it as it only applies to government agencies and doesn’t preempt private property rights.

I’m genuinely confused by your response. Does Disney chose to allow the entity access to their property or are they mandated by the state in your opinion?
You are not confused. You are willfully difficult.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom