Trespassing third parties

Chip Chipperson

do gymns not allow personal trainers? I thought that was a thing but I wouldn’t know haha.
Yes, personal trainers in gyms exist - as either gym employees or through contracts with the gym that allow the trainer to operate there for a fee. Walk into LA Fitness and announce, "I'll train anyone here for $10/hour less than their trainers" and see how fast they kick you out.

TrainsOfDisney

We’re right back to the difference between having permission and not having permission. Some gyms do have personal trainers but you can’t just show up and be a personal trainer.
i would think as long as the personal trainer and the client were both members of the gym there would be no issue. But I’m not exactly the gym type haha.

TrainsOfDisney

Walk into LA Fitness and announce, "I'll train anyone here for $10/hour less than their trainers" and see how fast they kick you out.
Man… for being told countless times that I “don’t get it” you seem to not understand how these tour guides worked.

Tour guides weren’t soliciting their services inside the park.

lewisc

No, my theory hasn't changed. There is a difference between some CMs knowing what's going on and someone high enough up the food chain to stop it being aware of it and who is doing it.

As for Ramon, if he's not a travel agent as you claim, why does his website state, "We are your Disney Certified Travel Advisors, Personal Concierges and State of Florida Licensed Sellers of Travel." What an odd thing for a not-a-travel-agent to claim. That's a direct quote of the 2nd sentence on the company website's home pape
I must be missing something. I don't see that on his site

Chip Chipperson

Again not sure where there was deception lol. They didnt want to wait on any lines didnt want to book any meals during the day. They didnt. The kids. The wives. The family were happy win win. They could care less about Disney tidbits that an official tour guide may provide. Its crazy to me how you keep going that people i know & are friends with were deceived when im clearly telling you they werent & couldnt be happier with what they paid & received. Wow!!!!
Werw they told about the Disney VIP Tour? You already said they weren't, so that'sthe deception. Also, the only way to avoid any lines at all is through the Disney VIP Tour, so either the guide misled his clients or broke additional rules to deliver on that promise.

DisneyHead123

This isn’t an issue of some weird legal technicalities. Have you ever thought you could just go set up your own kiosk at the mall? That you could just offer lessons at the local skating rink? Your own fitness classes at the gym?
I don’t see physical goods and services as the same thing so I’ll disregard the kiosk example. Lessons at a skating rink or training sessions at a gym? Yeah, depending on the location I might assume that would be allowed.

Chip Chipperson

Man… for being told countless times that I “don’t get it” you seem to not understand how these tour guides worked.

I never said they were. But the only way to operate as a tour guide is to be in the park, so they literally cannot operate as they did without violating Disney's rules. As Disney's spokesperson said in the article, where the payment was collected isn't the issue. The issue was the tour itself.

lazyboy97o

i would think as long as the personal trainer and the client were both members of the gym there would be no issue. But I’m not exactly the gym type haha.
Once again, your understanding of these business relationships is incorrect. That is not how it works and gyms absolutely will and do put a stop to such practices.

That they were making sure not to take payment on property is evidence that they knew their practices were an issue.

LittleBuford

A bit of Googling tells me that LA Fitness and other gyms forbid outside trainers and even free friend-to-friend coaching, regardless of where the service was solicited.

Splash4eva

Werw they told about the Disney VIP Tour? You already said they weren't, so that'sthe deception. Also, the only way to avoid any lines at all is through the Disney VIP Tour, so either the guide misled his clients or broke additional rules to deliver on that promise.
Wow. You keep going. I dont know exactly what was done. I assure you they delivered on every promise and expectation Whether it was a stretch of the rules. An inside guy. An abuse of DAS. I dont know nor do i care nor did they care. They paid and got what they wanted. Why pay more for something and get the same results? Lol.

Chip Chipperson

It’s in the second paragraph. What I don’t see is the so called ever present promises to skip lines though
Another poster literally said that they have friends who used a guide because they didn't have to wait in any lines. The article itself also references the practice of guides abusing the DAS system. Nobody with half a brain is going to post on their website, "We guarantee zero waiting in line." Again, this is but 1 point among many for why these guides were wrong to operate the way they did.

Splash4eva

If you know them, can you ask how they skipped the lines for rides? Or were they clueless how it happened?
Clueless trust me i asked all of them. They are not Disney people. Hence why my suspicion was a few things. A use of DAS. A use if FP+. Knowing people on the inside and the one that noone talks about is this. Ive had many Multiple experiences added to my trips for various reasons. Imo some of these “guides” may have had inside people who simply added some to the parties account. It can be done many ways. Again. Not saying it was right or wrong

Splash4eva

You’re the one who kept bringing up cost not being an option. Most people who can afford a Ferrari and want one don’t tend to go for the knockoff.
But its NOT a knockoff lol. They are getting the same service they need. That is to NOT wait on any lines. Which is exactly what happened. How is this such a difficult concept to grasp?!?

lewisc

It’s in the second paragraph. What I don’t see is the so called ever present promises to skip lines though
I missed that paragraph. The site has nothing in common with the typical Disney fan now turned TA.

No line promise. We all know a knowledgeable guest (guide) can save a lot of time. What attraction to do at rope drop, at park close and during a parade. How to stack G+. Taking care of VQ.

Chip Chipperson

Wow. You keep going. I dont know exactly what was done. I assure you they delivered on every promise and expectation Whether it was a stretch of the rules. An inside guy. An abuse of DAS. I dont know nor do i care nor did they care. They paid and got what they wanted. Why pay more for something and get the same results? Lol.
I'm really not sure what your point is. That you friends enjoyed themselves? Great! Nobody disputes that. That doesn't justify the unauthorized tour guides, though. First you said mo ey was no object. Now you switch to "why pay more?" All I've gotten from your posts is "the ends justifies the means."

flynnibus

Premium Member
How they heard about the guide is irrelevant to the subject. Loyalty and trust may exist, but they were "earned" through deception. Deception isn't justified just because a satisfied customer didn’t know they were deceived. If they were happy with this guide, imagine what they would have felt about a true VIP Tour had they known about it.
Let it go…. o/‘

Referals are a powerful thing… especially for those who pride themselves for how busy and successful you are. When your world is built around who and what you know… information and trust take on inflated values

TrainsOfDisney

Lessons at a skating rink or training sessions at a gym? Yeah, depending on the location I might assume that would be allowed.
Same.
You’re the one who kept bringing up cost not being an option. Most people who can afford a Ferrari and want one don’t tend to go for the knockoff.
These weren’t knock-offs, they were kinda a different product (depending on the company and the clients desires).

A guest relations tour guide isn’t going to guide you around universal, or make arrangements for you to see the Titanic Exhibit on I-drive.

This was often total travel planning with tour guide thrown in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom