Trespassing third parties

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The types of unauthorized tours that are offered are not just ones that would involve utilizing DAS. People have offered things like history tours where they walk you around and tell you stories about the park and company.

I mean, that would by cool, ngl.

I know Disney offers some behind the scenes tours, but presumably these history tours wouldn’t be sneaking backstage. I know the VIP tours offer history, and behind the scenes, so maybe this would be considered a pirate of that?

I’d love a tour about things like alligator management or and All access pass to be there overnight when they remove the fall decorations and put up the Christmas ones.

Chip Chipperson

Genie and Lightning lane?
So they're charging hundreds of dollars per hour to provide their clients with Disney's service that literally costs $25-$35 per day AND claiming that it's a service they're providing that somehow gives a benefit other guests don't have??? I guess if, "They're not abusing DAS, they're merely defrauding people," is a defense then they're in the clear.

lewisc

A Vblogger is compensated via YouTube ad revenue. Is he using his AP for commercial purposes?

Len, and his colleagues use their APs for research used for touring plans.site. Is that commercial use?

Tons of websites have articles reviewing restaurants, park events, attractions etc. Their websites produce ad revenue. Is that commercial use?

The private guides thought they were OK since they weren't collecting money on Disney property. Although that's commercial use I understand the guides "giving themselves" the benefit of the doubt.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Genie and Lightning lane?

So they're charging hundreds of dollars per hour to provide their clients with Disney's service that literally costs $25-$35 per day AND claiming that it's a service they're providing that somehow gives a benefit other guests don't have??? I guess if, "They're not abusing DAS, they're merely defrauding people," is a defense then they're in the clear.

I mean,…. G+ and LL are ridiculously complicated and confusing. I haven’t been to the parks since they were enacted and It’s hard figuring out how it fits us best for an upcoming trip. Plus the whole being up early to get LL and whatever. I don’t bite, i can see it being a value to someone to pay somebody else to make those reservations and Just tell them how to tour the park. Like how Disney authorized travel agents do it.

But based on trip reports and other forum posts, i have a hard time believing that you can skip all lines on a busy park day using G+ and LL alone. But like i said, i haven’t used them yet so idk.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
A Vblogger is compensated via YouTube ad revenue. Is he using his AP for commercial purposes?

Len, and his colleagues use their APs for research used for touring plans.site. Is that commercial use?

Tons of websites have articles reviewing restaurants, park events, attractions etc. Their websites produce ad revenue. Is that commercial use?

The private guides thought they were OK since they weren't collecting money on Disney property. Although that's commercial use I understand the guides "giving themselves" the benefit of the doubt.

I mean, it’sa truly valid point. At the end of the day the Mouse decides. It doesn’t matter what we think what counts and what doesn’t

TrainsOfDisney

So they're charging hundreds of dollars per hour to provide their clients with Disney's service that literally costs $25-$35 per day AND claiming that it's a service they're providing that somehow gives a benefit other guests don't have???
Yes. The benefit is - they get all the reservations (genie+, lightning lane, dining, etc.) taken care of and guided through the park so they get to do everything they want without having to do any planning.

that’s what tour guides do.

Tom P.

Personally, I think it would be better if Disney did enforce the rules against the professional vloggers and kick them out of the parks. But that's just me.

Bottom line, though, is that we're talking about private property owned and run by a private business. Disney can decide what activity they want to allow and what they don't. And if you don't follow the rules, you can get kicked out. If Disney wants to allow vloggers but not private tour guides, no reason they can't.

Splash4eva

Ill say this as
You truly dont understand that people who have money have zero interest or desire to deal with what goes into a Disney trip does. They all defer to me and when i explain it to them its like you have to be kidding me…we take it for granted but for a 1st timer or someone who hasnt gone in awhile its ridiculous.

Chip Chipperson

I mean,…. G+ and LL are ridiculously complicated and confusing. I haven’t been to the parks since they were enacted and It’s hard figuring out how it fits us best for an upcoming trip. Plus the whole being up early to get LL and whatever. I don’t bite, i can see it being a value to someone to pay somebody else to make those reservations and Just tell them how to tour the park. Like how Disney authorized travel agents do it.

But based on trip reports and other forum posts, i have a hard time believing that you can skip all lines on a busy park day using G+ and LL alone. But like i said, i haven’t used them yet so idk.

These guides could simply have provided a user guide for how to use G+ and LL and answer any questions their clients had. No need to charge hundreds of dollars per hour to make G+ usable. There are plenty of free resources- and paid resources that are much less expensive.

Also, these guides say they have been operating for 10+ years, so they were doing this during the FP+ era, too, so the "G+ is complicated" argument didn't exist when they started doing this.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hey, that was supposed to be kept between us! 😜

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Chip Chipperson

Ill say this as

You truly dont understand that people who have money have zero interest or desire to deal with what goes into a Disney trip does. They all defer to me and when i explain it to them its like you have to be kidding me…we take it for granted but for a 1st timer or someone who hasnt gone in awhile its ridiculous.
No, I understand perfectly. I know plenty of people who ask me for help with their trip planning or expect my wife and I to handle all aspects of planning for a group trip. The issue that you are seemingly missing is that a legitimate travel agent would arrange for a Disney VIP Tour for their clients rather than charging them to provide a half-assed version themselves. But thanks for assuming that A. I have no money and B. I couldn't possibly understand the mindset of those who do have money when it comes to planning a vacation. I guess only Wall Street people can understand why someone would try to justify deceiving clients for their own benefit - and make no mistake, that exactly what went on here based on the experiences of your colleagues that you shared earlier.

lazyboy97o

It does not mean that Disney knew he was acting as a tour guide to undercut their VIP Tour business.
Jumping off of this because it’s a phrase that’s been used regularly. Disney doesn’t really know anything because Disney isn’t a sentient being capable of thought. People who work for Disney knew but that doesn’t necessarily make it official policy.

Outside of certain circumstances, I imagine authority to ban people from Walt Disney World is not very widespread. Since this has a legal component, it seems appropriate to assume that you’d also want concurrence from at least someone on the legal team with similar authority. So it’s not so much whether someone at Disney knew but if the right someone at Disney knew. It also seems doubtful that this is someone’s full time job so it makes sense that not only would the right people have to know but there would have to be enough of an issue to undertake the task ahead of others.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
No, I understand perfectly. I know plenty of people who ask me for help with their trip planning or expect my wife and I to handle all aspects of planning for a group trip. The issue that you are seemingly missing is that a legitimate travel agent would arrange for a Disney VIP Tour for their clients rather than charging them to provide a half-assed version themselves. But thanks for assuming that A. I have no money and B. I couldn't possibly understand the mindset of those who do have money when it comes to planning a vacation. I guess only Wall Street people can understand why someone would try to justify deceiving clients for their own benefit - and make no mistake, that exactly what went on here based on the experiences of your colleagues that you shared earlier.

I think for me this is it. Someone above board would have told the clients about the Disney VIP tours, especially if “money was no object”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom