Trespassing third parties

lazyboy97o

Disney is notorious for not cracking down on people playing fast and loose with its rules until it becomes a problem for Disney. For whatever reason, they decided what had been going on before without issue is now causing problems.

It could be that they no longer want outside operators because it’s easier for them to control their own employees or to prevent abuses. Whatever the reason, they’re within their rights.
There’s also this false impression in the fan community that Disney is this all seeing, all knowing entity with some sort of hive mind. You’re just not going to get consistent behavior when you’re dealing with tens of thousands of people.

KeithVH

Original Poster
There’s also this false impression in the fan community that Disney is this all seeing, all knowing entity with some sort of hive mind. You’re just not going to get consistent behavior when you’re dealing with tens of thousands of people.

1699592532613.png

Lilofan

Some see an opportunity to cash in. About 10 years ago, handicapped locals in FL cashed in on an opportunity with NYC moms . Charging $1K per day they would get handicapped access to front of line in various attractions with the NYC moms and their family and friends.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Companies with brand recognition like Disney like to control the touch points they have with their guests. It’s a part of the experience.

Ceding a part of that experience to someone who more than likely does not have the experience or qualifications to represent the brand - why would Disney do that.

I have this vision of one of the tour guides in their mid-twenties telling the small group they are accompanying as the pass Cinderella’s castle “Yep. Right under the castle is Walt’s frozen head. It’s the room on the right when you enter the utilidor.”
Everyone knows it's the room on the left 🙄

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney is notorious for not cracking down on people playing fast and loose with its rules until it becomes a problem for Disney. For whatever reason, they decided what had been going on before without issue is now causing problems.

It could be that they no longer want outside operators because it’s easier for them to control their own employees or to prevent abuses. Whatever the reason, they’re within their rights.

It’s also a new year… maybe there’s a new sheriff in town calling these shots

flynnibus

Premium Member
What i am shocked about is…

1- enough people work hard enough to find these businesses and pay for them…
2 - there is enough in #1 to support so many
3- that in a world where we all hate how expensive disney has become… that people continue to spend even more for unnecessary stuff like this

Splash4eva

What i am shocked about is…

1- enough people work hard enough to find these businesses and pay for them…
2 - there is enough in #1 to support so many
3- that in a world where we all hate how expensive disney has become… that people continue to spend even more for unnecessary stuff like this
From people i know that have used this service. I work on Wall St everyone i know who has used it are friends in the business making 7 figure salaries+ worth a ton of money who do not go to Disney annually. They do not want to wait on a line and this service provided just that for them. Money was no issue to them. Here was another reason when talking with all them as well. None of them knew Disney had a “plaid” service” that would provide pretty much the same thing.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
From people i know that have used this service. I work on Wall St everyone i know who has used it are friends in the business making 7 figure salaries+ worth a ton of money who do not go to Disney annually. They do not want to wait on a line and this service provided just that for them. Money was no issue to them. Here was another reason when talking with all them as well. None of them knew Disney had a “plaid” service” that would provide pretty much the same thing.
So they can do the research to find these third party vendors yet can't figure out Disney offers the same service .

DisneyCane

Doesn't Disney offer some kind of $20k per day, do whatever you want tour for a group of 6 (I can't remember the number)? If I was making 7 figures and taking a "no expenses spared" vacation to WDW, that would be the option I'd pick.

Chip Chipperson

He has been doing it since 2010/11. His website is very clear. He was in the parks with guests at least 3 weeks a month. Disney was quite aware of what he did. He got invited to all the resort openings, special media parties for new merch or foods. Disney comped him multiple staycations to learn about new resorts or additions to resorts. He even went on a cruise or 2 on their dime.
Disney provides that to plenty of other travel agents, too. It doesn't mean Disney is aware that they are breaking their rules and are okay with it. Also, it's very possible that someone at WDW did indeed turn a blind eye to him for a while based on having worked with him previously, but managers come and go and anyone who knows they are breaking a rule can't assume that every new manager will just shrug and say, "If the last manager allowed it then it must be fine." You know how Ramon and all of these other businesses could have protected themselves? By either getting corporate approval to operate on property BEFORE starting a business based on violating the terms of admission or by sticking to doing strictly the travel agent and pre-visit planning portion of their services. There's still a market for "Disney expert" travel agents that can easily thrive within the rules.

Lilofan

And do you know how the 1% ie Wall Street go on vacation - it's not to WDW for ones I know that I partner with.

Splash4eva

So they can do the research to find these third party vendors yet can't figure out Disney offers the same service .
There was no research needed it was word of mouth from people in industry that used the same service. These guys could care less about money let alone research for a Disney trip they dont want to take…

Splash4eva

And do you know how the 1% ie Wall Street go on vacation - it's not to WDW for ones I know that I partner with.
WDW was not the only vacation they are going on… but when little johnnie and jane and your wife wants to go you simply pay to avoid everything that is bad about Disney lol. Its pretty simple

Chip Chipperson

And that's another reason why these businesses operating as travel agents (at least some were) are wrong - a good travel agent would tell their clients about the VIP Tours rather than taking advantage of their clients' lack of WDW knowledge to sell their own unauthorized service in its place. That's a disservice to their clients and is essentially poaching business from Disney.

Splash4eva

And that's another reason why these businesses operating as travel agents (at least some were) are wrong - a good travel agent would tell their clients about the VIP Tours rather than taking advantage of their clients' lack of WDW knowledge to sell their own unauthorized service in its place. That's a disservice to their clients and is essentially poaching business from Disney.
They are saving their clients money for the same service. Not saying if its right or wrong. Someone asked who was using it. I was giving personal examples of plenty i know who have

Chip Chipperson

WDW was not the only vacation they are going on… but when little johnnie and jane and your wife wants to go you simply pay to avoid everything that is bad about Disney lol. Its pretty simple
So how did this service allow them to "avoid everything that is bad about Disney" without violating the rules? Line skipping is the primary benefit of the VIP Tours. Unauthorized tour guides can't offer that without violating DAS rules. If this was during the FP+ days then the best they could do within the rules (setting aside the entire nature of the tour being a violation itself) would be to assist with FP+ selections. That's not worth hundreds of dollars per hour even if they were able to get them "bonus" selections after they used their initial 3. That's literally just a matter of telling them "When you use these 3, look to see if there are more available." It's a basic tip that anyone with Google access and 5 minutes could find.

Chip Chipperson

They are saving their clients money for the same service. Not saying if its right or wrong. Someone asked who was using it. I was giving personal examples of plenty i know who have
It's not the same service. It's a lesser service that they tried to make seem like it's the same so they could steal business away from Disney while on Disney property. Again, the only way it could offer the same benefit would be to misuse the DAS service - and nobody can realistically claim that every single one of their clients needed DAS.

Last edited:

lewisc

getting corporate approval to operate on property BEFORE starting a business based on violating the terms of admission
The private guides would have been given prior notice. Corporate permission wouldn't have been in perpetuity. No doubt it would have been subject to termination. 30 days notice?

They interpreted their actions as permitted since they didn't collect money on Disney property. Their private tours were known to Disney.

Disney decided to put a stop. That doesn’t mean the guides are criminals who got caught.

Some posters are all but saying the guides are "bad" people taking advantage of Disney's IP. Others are saying Disney is "bad" for stopping a legit service.

Both are positions are wrong. Things change. I think Disney was "mean spirited" in serving the guides as they were entering with guests.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks DAS is the only reason.

The TA are assisting guests with hotel, restaurant and ticket arrangements. Maybe their assistance should include booking plaid tours

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom