Trespassing third parties

TrainsOfDisney

If someone just set up a kiosk to sell goods at Disney Springs, would you think it was cold to have them booted? What about someone selling drinks in a park? At what other businesses would it be acceptable for others to just set up their own business?
That’s not at all the same thing. If someone hired a personal assistant to help them when shopped by at Disney Springs should the personal assistant be trespassed? That’s much closer to what we are talking about.

DisneyHead123

If someone just set up a kiosk to sell goods at Disney Springs, would you think it was cold to have them booted? What about someone selling drinks in a park? At what other businesses would it be acceptable for others to just set up their own business?
Selling physical goods and selling services are somewhat distinct. Lots of people sell services in the Disney bubble.

lewisc

That’s not at all the same thing. If someone hired a personal assistant to help them when shopped by at Disney Springs should the personal assistant be trespassed? That’s much closer to what we are talking about.
Probably not today. Maybe if Disney offered a similar service. Maybe if some of the private shoppers were bribing CMs to set aside hot merchandise.

Section106

Maybe something happened with a third party guide that has resulted in legal action against Disney that we don't know about yet?

Maybe Disney's legal team reviewed the tacit allowance of third party guides and decided that it needed to be clarified to avoid any future entanglements?

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
He has been doing it since 2010/11. His website is very clear. He was in the parks with guests at least 3 weeks a month. Disney was quite aware of what he did. He got invited to all the resort openings, special media parties for new merch or foods. Disney comped him multiple staycations to learn about new resorts or additions to resorts. He even went on a cruise or 2 on their dime.

The thing is, Disney back then had decided they had some benefit from him. Disney today decided whatever risk they’re mitigating outweighs that benefit. Things change.

When i started my job we were not allowed to wear jeans. Then for a couple years they allowed dark dress jeans. Then to raise money for United Way, they said we could only wear jeans on Fridays and only if we donated a dollar to the fundraising efforts. Then a couple years later we were allowed to wear whatever jeans we wanted as long as they didn’t have holes in them. Then Covid hit and everyone stopped wearing pants entirely 😂 Things change.

If you build your business on an exception to a rule, you have to know that whatever allowances you are receiving can be taken away at the drop of a hat if someone decides the rules need to be enforced.

DisneyHead123

It’s all commercial activity at another business without their prior approval.
If you’re a lawyer, maybe (I don’t claim to know). If you’re viewing this only as a human being and Disney fan, selling merchandise at Disney Springs vs selling personal shopping services are fairly different. I’m not talking about what legal rights Disney has, I’m talking about my personal opinion of banning people for life for offering Disney tours. As I said, I’d need more context. Were these people warned first? Were they doing unsavory things? Etc.

TrainsOfDisney

If you’re a lawyer, maybe (I don’t claim to know). If you’re viewing this only as a human being and Disney fan, selling merchandise at Disney Springs vs selling personal shopping services are fairly different.
Also if you’re a lawyer. It’s extremely obvious that these are 2 different things and are not comparable.

lazyboy97o

If you’re a lawyer, maybe (I don’t claim to know). If you’re viewing this only as a human being and Disney fan, selling merchandise at Disney Springs vs selling personal shopping services are fairly different. I’m not talking about what legal rights Disney has, I’m talking about my personal opinion of banning people for life for offering Disney tours. As I said, I’d need more context. Were these people warned first? Were they doing unsavory things? Etc.
What other businesses do you think should socially have to allow unaffiliated, unauthorized third parties to freely use their facilities?

lazyboy97o

That had nothing to do with the question I was replying to.
Yes it does. It has everything to do with everything you keep answering and either intentionally ignoring or somehow completely missing. DoorDash doesn’t send people to any business, the businesses sign up.

DisneyHead123

What other businesses do you think should socially have to allow unaffiliated, unauthorized third parties to freely use their facilities?
As I said (more than once at this point), I’m not talking about what anyone should “have to” do. I am talking about my opinion as a Disney fan. Compelling a company to do something and having a personal opinion are two entirely different things.

My right to say “Hey, that was a jerk move. Seriously?!” is not a matter of US law. It’s a matter of me being allowed to, well, have an opinion. And as I’ve said (repeatedly) I would need more context to know if I think Disney was being “cruel in the name of profit” here.

lazyboy97o

As I said (more than once at this point), I’m not talking about what anyone should “have to” do. I am talking about my opinion as a Disney fan. Compelling a company to do something and having a personal opinion are two entirely different things.

My right to say “Hey, that was a jerk move. Seriously?!” is not a matter of US law. It’s a matter of me being allowed to, well, have an opinion. And as I’ve said (repeatedly) I would need more context to know if I think Disney was being “cruel in the name of profit” here.
You either have a consistent view or you don’t.

DisneyHead123

You either have a consistent view or you don’t.
If by not “consistent” you mean that my personal opinion is not entirely aligned with United States tort law to the extent that I would never consider someone a jerk so long as they aligned with US legal standards - um, sure, you got me. I might at times think something is legal but still a jerk move. I’ll put my philosophy degree on hold for my lack of consistency. Are we done here?

lazyboy97o

If by not “consistent” you mean that my personal opinion is not entirely aligned with United States tort law to the extent that I would never consider someone a jerk so long as they aligned with US legal standards - um, sure, you got me. I might at times think something is legal but still a jerk move. I’ll put my philosophy degree on hold for my lack of consistency. Are we done here?
I didn’t ask about the law. I asked what other types of businesses would be jerks for not allowing others to freely set up shop on their premises.

DisneyHead123

I didn’t ask about the law. I asked what other types of businesses would be jerks for not allowing others to freely set up shop on their premises.
As I said (more than once), my issue is not so much with Disney not allowing whatever services. There may well be liability issues with that. Given that the service providers in question appear to be lifelong Disney super fans, however, I certainly hope that they gave them ample warning and the chance to voluntarily change before humiliating them and banning them for life.

Chi84

Premium Member
Disney is notorious for not cracking down on people playing fast and loose with its rules until it becomes a problem for Disney. For whatever reason, they decided what had been going on before without issue is now causing problems.

It could be that they no longer want outside operators because it’s easier for them to control their own employees or to prevent abuses. Whatever the reason, they’re within their rights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom