Trespassing third parties

Fido Chuckwagon

Everyone is allowed to use the Stand-By line to ride Rise of the Resistance as many times as they desire. A disabled person using DAS is not able to do any more rides than someone actually in the queue.
This argument always continues to be ridiculous. Even a non-disabled person isn't going to be able to handle waiting in a 3 hour line 4 times in a day, and, as continues to be pointed out, those DAS users then enter other attractions while waiting increasing those wait times as well. Given the huge number of DAS users we know are flooding the system based on Len Testa's analysis of Haunted Mansion upthread, the flood of DAS users is absolutely contributing to that wait being 3 hours long. Capping DAS to one ride on each e-ticket attraction per day using DAS is a completely reasonable accomodation. So is preventing a DAS user from entering another attraction with a line while they are waiting for their return time.

lazyboy97o

Never said it does but i will say this. You will NEVER ever make everyone happy and NEVeR create something that works for everyone. So you need to use common sense and do whats best for business and the majority
No, there is a level of personal tailoring required of accommodations so long as they remain reasonable.

Tha Realest

People wanna complain about DAS then when you come up with viable solutions people still complain and say its unfair and possible illegal. See the trend lets just complain and keep going and going…. There is and ALWAYS will be one answer to solve this all. Disney needs to add capacity. Add entertainment Add more things to do. Its that simple!
I think we all agree.

And, it’s telling this crackdown didn’t start to happen until 1) they started monetizing their “skip the line” methods, and 2) those tours undercut their own VIP tour offerings in a big way.

Indy_UK

This argument always continues to be ridiculous. Even a non-disabled person isn't going to be able to handle waiting in a 3 hour line 4 times in a day, and, as continues to be pointed out, those DAS users then enter other attractions while waiting increasing those wait times as well. Given the huge number of DAS users we know are flooding the system based on Len Testa's analysis of Haunted Mansion upthread, the flood of DAS users is absolutely contributing to that wait being 3 hours long. Capping DAS to one ride on each e-ticket attraction per day using DAS is a completely reasonable accomodation. So is preventing a DAS user from entering another attraction with a line while they are waiting for their return time.

Im sure it's been discussed already but why can't Disney follow universal and ask for proof of eligibility of DAS. Those who are legitimate will have no concern providing that including our family.

TrainsOfDisney

You are again conflating authorized and unauthorized activity.
Are Uber drivers authorized?
the flood of DAS users is absolutely contributing to that wait being 3 hours long.

Even a non-disabled person isn't going to be able to handle waiting in a 3 hour line 4 times in a day
When was the line 3 hours long? It was 70 minutes on my last visit and it’s currently at 125.

And a non-disabled guest could certainly wait for multiple e-tickets. When cars land first opened I waited in a 2 hour line back to back.

flynnibus

Premium Member
And, it’s telling this crackdown didn’t start to happen until 1) they started monetizing their “skip the line” methods, and 2) those tours undercut their own VIP tour offerings in a big way.
They've cracked down on abuse before (leading to changes in the system) and they've cracked down on tours in the parks before too. So no... I don't buy what you're selling.

seabreezept813

The cap makes sense to me. But with the exception of Hollywood Studios, which has so few working rides, I wonder how many DAS users are repeating E-tickets. It would be hard to fit that into a day. I do think a return to FP+ or a similar system would alleviate the DAS increase more than limiting rides. For people with anxiety, stomach disorders, and other sensory sensitivities etc. having preplanned attractions might make DAS unnecessary.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Im a DAS user and im guilty of definitely going on rides multiple times not that you cant but imo limiting DAS users to 1 ride per day would be fair and not really cause any issues and ruffle feathers and my guess definitely ease some of the pain. Most times i do not have to because i buy Genie as well but on occassion we will

I remember reading in the law suit that one of the main issues with DAS was that persons/children with severe autism couldn’t easily ride a ride repeatedly. There’s a hyperfixation aspect of some disabilities where limiting to one ride per attraction per day would be really limiting for their park experience.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Im sure it's been discussed already but why can't Disney follow universal and ask for proof of eligibility of DAS. Those who are legitimate will have no concern providing that including our family.

I think it's reasonable, and Disney does this at Disneyland Paris. The argument against is that the nature of making one "prove" disability is a burden on the people who need the accomodation. But like you said, it's done at Universal and other areas, like requiring a physician certification for a handicap parking placard. That said, Disney hasn't implemented likely because it'd be another cost center. Even if paying a third-party it's still a cost.

TrainsOfDisney

Because it's not rogue activity - but activity the company has authorized within constraints they control.
Which is exactly what the guides in the article are requesting from Disney. A way to work with them so they can still provide this service.

The Uber example shows that Disney is fine with allowing commercial activity on their property.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Which is exactly what the guides in the article are requesting from Disney. A way to work with them so they can still provide this service.

Key word... REQUESTING - as in future tense.. as in... NOT AS EXISITING TODAY

So can you connect the dots yet why your endless what-about-isms are completely off base?

Yes, we know Disney knows how to cooperate with people, including commercial activities... its you that seems to not realize the difference between arranged and rogues.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
But then aren't you running into the same issue then as to whether someone actually needs DAS?

My family may book Slinky at 120 minutes but then my son who has ADHD, Autism, ODD and cannot wait in lines, can't then go and join Midway Mania or Smugglers Run at 45 minutes each. He won't last 5 minutes before the struggles start.

I think this is always the crux of the DAS conversation.

If you don’t need DAS but you get it anyway, you could take that 120 minutes and Go on other high ticket rides or watch fireworks or eat in the castle. You could DAS SDD and make your way around half the park on your way to that ride, with a LL for JC then hop in standby for pirates and HM and maybe even squeeze in a ride on Pan and then get over to SDD and walk right on.

If you NEED DAS you can still ride other rides or go eat, but you’re looking at things with really short wait times like IaSW or CoP or under the sea. You aren’t going to manage waiting in a long line for another big ticket ride while in that 120 minutes wait period. Because you need DAS to avoid those long lines.

TrainsOfDisney

Key word... REQUESTING - as in future tense.. as in... NOT AS EXISITING TODAY

So can you connect the dots yet why your endless what-about-isms are completely off base?

Yes, we know Disney knows how to cooperate with people, including commercial activities... its you that seems to not realize the difference between arranged and rogues.
It’s honestly amazing how worked up you get when someone mentions a different point of view. You’re on a Disney fan site acting like you’re a college law professor or something that is “schooling” me. I’m just pointing out some ideas here.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

I think it's reasonable, and Disney does this at Disneyland Paris. The argument against is that the nature of making one "prove" disability is a burden on the people who need the accomodation. But like you said, it's done at Universal and other areas, like requiring a physician certification for a handicap parking placard. That said, Disney hasn't implemented likely because it'd be another cost center. Even if paying a third-party it's still a cost.

Most of us with disabilities are suggesting this step, lol. Not just that we don’t mind it, but we want to provide the information. Obviously it wouldn’t be easy for everyone, but I could bring doctors notes and Brain scans and disability paperwork, whatever.

DAS is so valuable to most of us who need it that we want Disney to crack down on scammers because we don’t want the program to go away.

erasure fan1

Yes, that's exactly what should happen. It won't eliminate the problem of abuse, but it would cut down on it a fair amount I believe.
The argument against is that the nature of making one "prove" disability is a burden on the people who need the accomodation.
True, but I don't know of any people who need it who would have a problem proving it. My wife needed it this summer and might need it forever. She is all for the have to prove it approach. I find that most people who need these type of accommodations, are not happy with others abusing it. So therefore have no problems with providing proof they do in fact need it.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Stroller and ECV rentals from third parties is another example of commercial activity on property that Dosney once allowed but now restricts. Disney used to allow businesses other than Scooterbug to drop off and pick up without meeting company rep (like Kingdom Strollers, etc). Then Disney figured out how to monetie it. Scooterbug negotiated and presumably pays for right to be the only company allowed to work directly with bell services. All this despite Disney having Strollers and ECVs in its parks that are effectively competition.

Disney hasn't banned pretravek help from outside the park, only in park services. A third party company could negotiate to be the exclusive provider of park sitter services, which is basically what the guides are claiming they do on park days walking guests around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom