Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

IMDREW

It could serve as inspiration for future expansion.
Maybe what we get for studios now isn't as bombastic, but they can expand later on...plus who knows what the main park might get one day. For some reason I feel hopeful, they have to know you can't attract crowds without spectacular additions.
Lets hope so! :)

LondonTom

It could serve as inspiration for future expansion.
Maybe what we get for studios now isn't as bombastic, but they can expand later on...plus who knows what the main park might get one day. For some reason I feel hopeful, they have to know you can't attract crowds without spectacular additions.
Its only been since what? 2006 (Buzz?) thats its got something actually new outside of parades/shows 😂

I can't see anything on the Fantasy Springs level or even new for a good few years, especially now in recovery mode.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Its only been since what? 2006 (Buzz?) thats its got something actually new outside of parades/shows 😂

I can't see anything on the Fantasy Springs level or even new for a good few years, especially now in recovery mode.
The park consistently battles for best castle park. But it still needs fleshing out.

The problem is the one next door needs it more.

Markiewong

The Fantasy Springs budget is a "tiny bit" (80 million euros is nothing for Disney) smaller than what they are investing in Paris. I know that the Studios expansion is only part of the budget.. but I am hopeful we will see some good stuff coming to Paris in the upcoming decade.

Toni25

The Fantasy Springs budget is a "tiny bit" (80 million euros is nothing for Disney) smaller than what they are investing in Paris. I know that the Studios expansion is only part of the budget.. but I am hopeful we will see some good stuff coming to Paris in the upcoming decade.
What are you talking about? 🤣 🤣 they can't even make a themed ice cream truck with 80 million.
Fantasy Springs cost 2,5 BILLION dollars.

What's baffling is that Paris got the same amount...I wonder if the Village expansion was included in that budget?
Are construction prices much higher in Europe? Cuz if the budget is solely for the studios, we seem to get A LOT less considering they copy paste the spider man attraction, Frozen & rethemed an existing coaster...

fradz

What are you talking about? 🤣 🤣 they can't even make a themed ice cream truck with 80 million.

What's baffling is that Paris got the same amount...I wonder if the Village expansion was included in that budget?
Are construction prices much higher in Europe? Cuz if the budget is solely for the studios, we seem to get A LOT less considering they copy paste the spider man attraction, Frozen & rethemed an existing coaster...
In summmer 2018, I stated here that yeah, I had heard that the Disney Village expansion (unofficially teased at that time) was included in the 2.5b€ budget. No idea now but I would assume that still yes

Markiewong

250 billion YEN translates into 1.92 billion EUR (at this moment). Basically the same amount between both expansions looking at how Disney is spending money. Its 2 billion euros that they are investing, not dollars.

But note that Disney specifically mentioned "investing 2 billion euros into Disneyland Paris", based on the wording I assume that DHL & Village renovation and the rumoured expansion for Parc Disneyland are all included in that prices.

SweetDuffy101

250 billion YEN translates into 1.92 billion EUR (at this moment). Basically the same amount between both expansions looking at how Disney is spending money. Its 2 billion euros that they are investing, not dollars.

But note that Disney specifically mentioned "investing 2 billion euros into Disneyland Paris", based on the wording I assume that DHL & Village renovation and the rumoured expansion for Parc Disneyland are all included in that prices.
The reason on why Tokyo Budgets are so High.
1) Research & Development all covered by OLC.
2) Exclusivity contracts on What they build in Tokyo.
3) Every structure in Japan needs to be built with proper earthquake support that would handle a magnitude 7.0 earthquake.
4) Besides the ones i mentioned It is also not cheap to build an all original land with original Attractions plus a Deluxe and Luxury Hotel.

G.L.A.D.I.O

In summmer 2018, I stated here that yeah, I had heard that the Disney Village expansion (unofficially teased at that time) was included in the 2.5b€ budget. No idea now but I would assume that still yes
Désolé mais le DV ne fait pas partie des 2 milliards, c'est :
-225 million euros to build Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S
-225 million euros to renovate the existing infrastructures
-500 million euros to build Arendelle and the third land.
-1B to buy the lands, the attractions vehicles, and all the technical systems.

C'est pour ça que le DV traîne des pieds...

LondonTom

The park consistently battles for best castle park. But it still needs fleshing out.

The problem is the one next door needs it more.
Agreed, its beautiful park and the entertainment especially the seasonal shows on offer is brilliant (even if M&G's could be out a little later intoday) but as soon as one or two rides are down or going for refurb you really notice how little there is to do there attractions.

Putting something worthwhile in the Imagination Institute theater (and on theme) rather than half baked Philarmagic and running Lion King all year would be a great start for now until they have fixed the studios.

fradz

Désolé mais le DV ne fait pas partie des 2 milliards, c'est :
-225 million euros to build Avengers C.A.M.P.U.S
-225 million euros to renovate the existing infrastructures
-500 million euros to build Arendelle and the third land.
-1B to buy the lands, the attractions vehicles, and all the technical systems.

C'est pour ça que le DV traîne des pieds...
Intéressant, j'avais pas retenu du tout une division de ce type à l'époque. Je peux te demander d'où tu tires cette info?

(Let's keep this in English. I said: Interesting, I hadn't that kind of split in mind at all at the time -August '18-. Where did you get that info?)

BasiltheBatLord

Sorry I haven't been following this at all, can someone update me on the status? Is this still coming in the next few years or has it been delayed/scaled back cause of Corona?

Markiewong

Sorry I haven't been following this at all, can someone update me on the status? Is this still coming in the next few years or has it been delayed/scaled back cause of Corona?
Avenger Campus delayed from 2021 to 2022.
Arendelle World of Frozen is 2023/2024.
Third land seems to be under reconsideration, Star Wars hasn’t been mentioned lately. Originally planned for 2025, I expect this to be bumped to 2026.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom