Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

wdrive

also google earth updated their images so you can see frozen land and new cars ride construction as well! It looks like theyre building something pretty major right beside the iron man coaster....I cant tell what it is. But its a giant rectangle will a bunch of foundation holes it looks like...

The meet and greet building?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
also google earth updated their images so you can see frozen land and new cars ride construction as well! It looks like theyre building something pretty major right beside the iron man coaster....I cant tell what it is. But its a giant rectangle will a bunch of foundation holes it looks like...
The coaster exterior queue?

cjkeating

The meet and greet building?

The coaster exterior queue?
Behind the Iron Man queue, entertainment/cast accommodation I believe.

Movielover

Arma.jpg

I hope the Armageddon Rover makes it out okay, along with all the other film cars that were there including the Horizon's ship.

*Edit. Found them, I hope they don't pull a Florida and leave them out there like that to rot.

cars.jpg

Last edited:

Indy_UK

Playing devils advocate here but is Avengers Campus likely to be open next April for the 30th?

I'll be honest, I completely overlooked the 30th coming up and I really want to make sure my son experiences it. April may be a bit ambitious but maybe next October for Halloween?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Playing devils advocate here but is Avengers Campus likely to be open next April for the 30th?

I'll be honest, I completely overlooked the 30th coming up and I really want to make sure my son experiences it. April may be a bit ambitious but maybe next October for Halloween?
You’d hope and imagine so.

Toni25

Some concepts for the Cars Tour.

disneycars.jpg

Umm....it's pretty interesting I guess?? 🥴
Let's face it, it'll be short and probably...mediocre. Not the best Disney ride.
At least I think the concept is interesting, a "museum" type tour of wacky, silly stuff from the Cars univers, like a Guiness Record book type expo.
More photos here:

LondonTom

I actually think the ride could become be better now. In the past it was basically a very long intro and outro CC. Now they just cut the bs and left the one good thing 😂
The Reign of Fire section wasn't to bad and its basically cut that out for a couple more prop sections to look at?

IMDREW

Apples and oranges... An extension to the best theme park in the world VS the worst Disney park in the world...
Don't agree exactly. I think a land like Fantasy Springs would do wonders for WDS. More than the half-frozen and half-star wars lands with lots of empty space between were getting. I understand budgets are likely way out of line with each other. And then you've still got the OLC situation which greatly improves Tokyo. But they are still the same designers/design company, both began with a blank slate and both had the opportunity to make something great. I don't think it's fair to just say TDS is great so the expansion is great. And WDS is bad so the expansion is bad. Why can't WDS expansion be great as well? To me, WDS' plans feel too easy and lazy. Let's drop this here, and this right here. Without any cohesion or further placemaking.

I of course don't know anything about what they've got planned out of that one concept art they gave out. But I haven't felt like there's much more they're not showing there that would improve it.

Don't get me wrong though, I am thrilled WDS is getting so much! DLP is my home resort and things are really looking up. I just wish it would be... better.

fradz

Don't agree exactly. I think a land like Fantasy Springs would do wonders for WDS. More than the half-frozen and half-star wars lands with lots of empty space between were getting. I understand budgets are likely way out of line with each other. And then you've still got the OLC situation which greatly improves Tokyo. But they are still the same designers/design company, both began with a blank slate and both had the opportunity to make something great. I don't think it's fair to just say TDS is great so the expansion is great. And WDS is bad so the expansion is bad. Why can't WDS expansion be great as well? To me, WDS' plans feel too easy and lazy. Let's drop this here, and this right here. Without any cohesion or further placemaking.

I of course don't know anything about what they've got planned out of that one concept art they gave out. But I haven't felt like there's much more they're not showing there that would improve it.

Don't get me wrong though, I am thrilled WDS is getting so much! DLP is my home resort and things are really looking up. I just wish it would be... better.
I 100% agree with you, my sentence was more about "we got there for a reason, manage your expectations" rather than finding them an excuse. And by them I do mean the finance people. As you said, the creative portfolios available to both parks are the same, but one park is a jaw dropper and another I am actively trying to not look at the entire left side of the park when I visit.

I think what's more disappointing is knowing what we could have versus what we are having.

IMDREW

I 100% agree with you, my sentence was more about "we got there for a reason, manage your expectations" rather than finding them an excuse. And by them I do mean the finance people. As you said, the creative portfolios available to both parks are the same, but one park is a jaw dropper and another I am actively trying to not look at the entire left side of the park when I visit.

I think what's more disappointing is knowing what we could have versus what we are having.
Exactly :)

Toni25

After seeing the model and designs for Tokyos Fantasy Springs Im not so excited anymore for WDS 2. :(
It could serve as inspiration for future expansion.
Maybe what we get for studios now isn't as bombastic, but they can expand later on...plus who knows what the main park might get one day. For some reason I feel hopeful, they have to know you can't attract crowds without spectacular additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom