Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Toni25

I've not really been following much of the construction of the expansion, but have they started digging that massive lake yet?
Nope, they did not. But why would they rush? They still have like 2-3 years left, plus the pandemic isn't ending anytime soon, so maybe even longer than that. I don't believe we will see the park at full capacity in the next 3 years at least.

lazyboy97o

Nope, they did not. But why would they rush? They still have like 2-3 years left, plus the pandemic isn't ending anytime soon, so maybe even longer than that. I don't believe we will see the park at full capacity in the next 3 years at least.
Digging a giant hole is something you would want to start early so you can easily get all of the dirt out, help ensure you don’t have any unintended issues with the stability of nearby soil and use it for storm water management since it would likely have such a use.

cjkeating

Digging a giant hole is something you would want to start early so you can easily get all of the dirt out, help ensure you don’t have any unintended issues with the stability of nearby soil and use it for storm water management since it would likely have such a use.
Whilst I haven't seen aerials to confirm I believe at least some work on the lake has begun. A berm has been built around the WDSP expansion as well as a berm for the (eventual/maybe) 3rd park is about to begin formation with (unconfirmed) dirt from the lake plot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That looks like about one third of a theme park.
Yellow is current park boundary. Red is currently offstage. If the park is (hopefully) open this summer it will really hurt not having the Avengers area open.

9A588CFC-DD3E-4366-83BF-72E787EB740D.jpeg

cjkeating

If anything COVID-19 has helped WDSP as it will be open with lower attendance than it would of been without it whilst the Backlot is closed/Avengers Campus is built. At least the park will have the additional capacity of Cars Road Trip for the summer if the park is open.

The LMA stadium is still on the map so I wouldn't be surprised if they attempted to use it again for an outdoor show (if they open) this summer.

LondonTom

Yellow is current park boundary. Red is currently offstage. If the park is (hopefully) open this summer it will really hurt not having the Avengers area open.

View attachment 543691
It really is incredible, how they have tried to stretch the map so much compared to whats actually there.

Its too late now but Avengers Campus especially, should have really been an expansion before fixing replacing/fixing the backlot area. Its obviously better than what was there but we won't have actually gained any extra attractions. Infact, if LMA stays shut, we would actually lost 1 and half attractions (halving studio lot for the Cars paint job) maybe even 2 and half since the Marvel show in cinemagique only runs for a couple of months a year...

Toni25

The biggest mistake they made in WDSP (post placing TOT where they did) was removing Cinemagique. They had a show that could run easily and cheaply 365 days a year and replaced it with an expensive, complicated Marvel show that ran for a few months a year for two seasons.
Where there plans to put the Tower of Terror somewhere else?
I never really saw many leaked plans for WDS, besides the old MGM Studios concept arts.
I can barely even find photos on the internet of the Studios pre Tower period.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The biggest mistake they made in WDSP (post placing TOT where they did) was removing Cinemagique. They had a show that could run easily and cheaply 365 days a year and replaced it with an expensive, complicated Marvel show that ran for a few months a year for two seasons.
The marvel show is technically excellent but by god it’s a poor show to see live. Not enough happening and then too much happening and too many isolated pockets of action on the stage all at once. I’m sure it seemed great on paper but doesn’t translate well into a real stage show.

Last edited:

J4546

new aerial photos really make it look like marvel land is gonna have a narrow choke point right in the middle

Attachments

• pariss.jpg
    pariss.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 168

J4546

also google earth updated their images so you can see frozen land and new cars ride construction as well! It looks like theyre building something pretty major right beside the iron man coaster....I cant tell what it is. But its a giant rectangle will a bunch of foundation holes it looks like...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom