Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Lintemuthstudios

It's spelled D I S A S T E R
But maybe chaos is your Aesthetic?

I really don't see any issue with having different lands next to each other. Epic Universe in Orlando is going to be the same way, and that looks to work out just fine.

I don't need everything to have a central theme. I just want great lands with great rides, cohesion be damned. And Frozen/Star Wars/Zootopia or Pandora is where the money is at. That might not be the greatest for the fans, but Paris really needs a kick to get it going. It's..... not great right now, to say the least.

And again, if we really want to do the cohesion talk, then princess's seem like more of Disneyland's thing. Tangled and Frozen should be over there, and Runaway Railway (whenever that comes over) should be over here.

Toni25

I really don't see any issue with having different lands next to each other. Epic Universe in Orlando is going to be the same way, and that looks to work out just fine.

I don't need everything to have a central theme. I just want great lands with great rides, cohesion be damned. And Frozen/Star Wars/Zootopia or Pandora is where the money is at. That might not be the greatest for the fans, but Paris really needs a kick to get it going. It's..... not great right now, to say the least.

And again, if we really want to do the cohesion talk, then princess's seem like more of Disneyland's thing. Tangled and Frozen should be over there, and Runaway Railway (whenever that comes over) should be over here.
So focusing on what we agree on, I would have preferred for Frozen to be in the Main Park and have any other land be it Cars/Zootopia, whatever, in the studios. But it's not. It will feel out of place...and I am the kind of person that likes focusing on details and cohesion.
If they make the studios more "extreme" so to the speak, a more "mature" alternative to the main park...why put Frozen there?

I am also PRAYING they put Mickey&Minnie Railway in the Studios. I have stated this before.

Lintemuthstudios

So focusing on what we agree on, I would have preferred for Frozen to be in the Main Park and have any other land be it Cars/Zootopia, whatever, in the studios. But it's not. It will feel out of place...and I am the kind of person that likes focusing on details and cohesion.
If they make the studios more "extreme" so to the speak, a more "mature" alternative to the main park...why put Frozen there?

I am also PRAYING they put Mickey&Minnie Railway in the Studios. I have stated this before.

My guess? They just copy-pasted lands/rides from the other parks to finally give Studios something worth visiting for. The only land that seems built for this park is Avengers Campus, and that actually got cloned to another park!

I've never been to WDS, but from the videos I've seen the park looks bad. Really bad. They're going for the quick fix here, and only time will tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

DDLand

Pandora and Cars land were considered first and then replaced with Star Wars and Frozen certainly to be more appealing for families. They are still candidates n*1 and 2 for phase 2 (post 2025).
Zootopia has be designed with one and only ride. The new Worlds of WDS show the same configuration... maybe R and D have been shared between SDL and DLP...

Now we must cross our fingers for the official announcement of the glowing Gardens and the Broadway inspired placemaking of the main entry.🤞
Oh, you’ve got me interested. This is the very first I’ve heard about an entrance redesign. I’m of the mindset that a proper entrance redesign would be fantastic. The Broadway placemaking is interesting for two reasons...
1) How does New York City make sense at the park? The Hollywood setting of Hollywood Studios and Walt Disney inspired Buena Vista Street both fit perfectly. How does a New York or Broadway Street fit with Walt Disney Studios?
2) This is interesting... But a Broadway St. could actually harken back to @Eddie Sotto ‘s original Main Street USA concept for Parc Disneyland. What time period would this New York City be set? American Waterfront in TDS is perhaps my favorite land at any theme park. A similar product would be great!

Robbiem

Oh, you’ve got me interested. This is the very first I’ve heard about an entrance redesign. I’m of the mindset that a proper entrance redesign would be fantastic. The Broadway placemaking is interesting for two reasons...
1) How does New York City make sense at the park? The Hollywood setting of Hollywood Studios and Walt Disney inspired Buena Vista Street both fit perfectly. How does a New York or Broadway Street fit with Walt Disney Studios?
2) This is interesting... But a Broadway St. could actually harken back to @Eddie Sotto ‘s original Main Street USA concept for Parc Disneyland. What time period would this New York City be set? American Waterfront in TDS is perhaps my favorite land at any theme park. A similar product would be great!
I agree I’m not sure how Broadway equates with Hollywood. The entrance plaza is nice but studio one would go a long way to improving the park It would be a massive undertaking especially with the park open . Realistically they aren’t going to demolish the building but making the interior more realistic would be a big improvement- perhaps they could do something like the forum or miracle mile in vegas with indoor outdoor facades. Or go completely the other way and make a toontown street with smiling sun etc

The Grand Inquisitor

The sequel has been delayed by yet another year (2022) so I'd understand if Disney holds back a little with building clones around the world. That said, it's one of my favorite movies of all time and I can not wait for the sequels to be released. If Pandora would be build in Paris, that would be a reason for me to skip WDW every now and then to save money and instead just go to Paris.
Yeah I saw they were delayed again. Really stinks. I love the first movie and I'm very excited about the sequels! I hope they do well.

The Grand Inquisitor

An indoor pandora would be an interesting fit for Paris. Make it like mermaid lagoon in Tokyo and you could have the night effects all day and not have to fake tropical foliage. If avatar 2 is set in the oceans you could add a ride using the 20k tech from tokyo as well and then clone it back in Florid.

I’ve not seen zootopia so I’m not sure how well it would fit but Monsters Inc would also be a good fit for the studios IMO
Hands down this would be fantastic. Having it be indoor would be very awesome!

G.L.A.D.I.O

They have 5 theaters in the same area so they had the idea to reuse some "Theater District" concept of the past:
c5mo5l10.jpg

New York would be perfect since it is where Mickey officially made its debuts with Steamboat Willie in 1928 and Disney has a great presence in Broadway with its own musicals.
it will lead to Avengers Campus (this land has an architecture very close to the New York docks and marvel is native to New York, so it’s rather logical as transition), to the gardens of the lake which will be the equivalent of Central Park and a seaside area (Nemo).

If despite the covid, the project still takes shape, the work would start in 2021 until 2023 with the rededication of the Park.

Lintemuthstudios

They have 5 theaters in the same area so they had the idea to reuse some "Theater District" concept of the past:
View attachment 487055
New York would be perfect since it is where Mickey officially made its debuts with Steamboat Willie in 1928 and Disney has a great presence in Broadway with its own musicals.
it will lead to Avengers Campus (this land has an architecture very close to the New York docks and marvel is native to New York, so it’s rather logical as transition), to the gardens of the lake which will be the equivalent of Central Park and a seaside area (Nemo).

If despite the covid, the project still takes shape, the work would start in 2021 until 2023 with the rededication of the Park.

Okay, this is pretty cool! They're really trying to upgrade the park, which is desperately needed.

Den Carter

Will marvel, including Spiderman, be open by summer 2021?
I don't think anyone really knows what the construction schedule is like at this point. Cars Route 66 is due open soon, per the original expectation, but I'm doubtful we'll see that this year... Would love to be proven wrong, though

UpAllNight

It should be.

Then Frozenstrom.

Then Rise. Sometime.

That’s pleasing. Booked up for Paris in September 2021 but it’s really difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for the Studios Park, so a few new attractions should go nicely.

Thoughts on what we should expect for Spiderman? It looks...ok, I guess?

Overall, still feel pretty disappointed in what they’re spending vs what we’re getting. I‘d love more unique to Paris rides.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That’s pleasing. Booked up for Paris in September but it’s really difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for the Studios Park, so a few new attractions should go nicely.

You're going to DLP in September?

G.L.A.D.I.O

It should be.

Then Frozenstrom.

Then Rise. Sometime.

Work for Avengers Campus quickly resumed, they were already 6 months behind schedule. They even work at night sometimes, the goal is always to open next summer.

Arendelle is expected to open in 2023 for the film’s 10th anniversary, the WDC 100th anniversary, the rededication of the Park and the extension of the 30 years of DLP.
And finally Star Wars which was originally planned in 2024 for the Olympic Games, was postponed the following year (2025).

That’s pleasing. Booked up for Paris in September 2021 but it’s really difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for the Studios Park, so a few new attractions should go nicely.

Overall, still feel pretty disappointed in what they’re spending vs what we’re getting. I‘d love more unique to Paris rides.
W.E.B SLINGERS : a Spider-Man adventure will be a good and solid D-ticket + ride of 4 min 30 that if you are a comic book expert will have more than a hundred easter eggs. It’s an attraction that will be mainly based on 3D but there will be 2/3 effects and technical innovations that will be worth the wait. The storyline is closer to the MCU universe than comics to differentiate itself from the ride of Universal but it will certainly become a classic instantly .

UpAllNight

Work for Avengers Campus quickly resumed, they were already 6 months behind schedule. They even work at night sometimes, the goal is always to open next summer.

Arendelle is expected to open in 2023 for the film’s 10th anniversary, the WDC 100th anniversary, the rededication of the Park and the extension of the 30 years of DLP.
And finally Star Wars which was originally planned in 2024 for the Olympic Games, was postponed the following year (2025).

W.E.B SLINGERS : a Spider-Man adventure will be a good and solid D-ticket + ride of 4 min 30 that if you are a comic book expert will have more than a hundred easter eggs. It’s an attraction that will be mainly based on 3D but there will be 2/3 effects and technical innovations that will be worth the wait. The storyline is closer to the MCU universe than comics to differentiate itself from the ride of Universal but it will certainly become a classic instantly .

Well I’m encouraged by your optimism and details on the Spiderman ride. Maybe you can shed more details on what else we can expect in this land? How similar to California Adventure in terms of shops, restaurants, experiences, shows?

G.L.A.D.I.O

To begin with those two campuses share several elements in common: the Pym Test Kitchen restaurant , the Spider-man ride, the Santum of Doctor Strange but also the stunt show on the roofs including the flying animatronic of Spidey.
Where it gets interesting is that the execution is not the same, both campuses use existing buildings. For example the building of Spidey in California takes over the premises of It’s Tough to be a bug while in Paris it’s a brand new building, this same attraction will make us travel behind the scenes of each campus and as they are different, some scenes will be so.
Similarly for Pym Test Kitchen and sanctums that will have the same elements but they will be arranged differently...

The meetings will be organized in 3/4 zones: the heroes of the street next to the Spidey ride, those of the galaxy near Tivan Fortress in DCA, the 6 original Avengers in front of the Avengers HQ in DCA and inside the "Mission Control" building in Paris , those of Wakanda and the sorcerers in the Santum.
And Finally the Avengers E-ticket should be built in both campuses in the next phase...

Now let’s talk about Paris exclusives 😉

Restaurants: we should have two more. The one that replaces the Blockbuster Café will be expanded and should be if I am not mistaken the cafeteria of the Avengers. So we will really feel like living their daily lives. The second will be the new version of the Café des cascadeurs, the oldest restaurant in the Disney Parks 😉 . This is just a wild guess but I think it will be our own version of the Schawarma Palace ( for DCA it will only be a stand 😅). And we're gonna have a food truck in front of the indoor Meet and Greet "Mission Control".

Attractions: The Iron Man coaster will be really classy and the idea is to keep the originality of its predecessor, each train should have a different music hence the project name "Juke Box". Just before the pre show I was told that there would be Tony Stark’s armor collection and the pre show should feature an AA just like Spidey’s attraction. To make the attraction seem longer, they decided to enclose the launch to make it a full-fledged scene. We should expect a lot of screenings but hopefully we’ll also have some physical sets...
The meet and greet "Mission Control" will take the old concepts of the first version of the Marvel land of California where there were only going to be character encounters, think of the first version of the New Fantasyland in MK 😅. It will be considered a full-fledged attraction where guests will experience a special moment with their favorite hero.

There will be tons of EASTER eggs from the MCU movies, from the comics, the future TV series on Disney+ and so on.

Eventually Marvel could become the equivalent of the Wizarding World to Universal, That is to say that we could possibly see in the long term several lands exploring various facets of this same universe as the headquarters of the S.W.O.R.D which would gather all the cosmic heroes...🤫🤭😉

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom